Key vs Grand suite

Not sure on key, but Grand suite gives you 3 hour happy hour, breakfast in specialty restaurant, concierge to help with any issues , reserve searing in pool area and ice show , much larger cabin , priority check in and concierge will walk you off ship for embarkation.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Haha just checked for a GS it's DOUBLE what I paid for JS. I'll keep an eye on the key and if it drops in price I'll grab it. Right now it's at $39.99 pp/pd

Other than the internet access, the key really doesn't seem worth ~$40/pp/pd. I would just purchase the internet (usually less than $20/pp/pd pre-cruise) unless there is really something in the Key package that you feel is worth the extra $$.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

No comparison.  A grand suite on the Oasis class and above, give you access to the suite lounge, deck and restaurant- That is so worth it.

Also internet on oasis class. Don’t understand not having that on all classes 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Other than the internet access, the key really doesn't seem worth ~$40/pp/pd. I would just purchase the internet (usually less than $20/pp/pd pre-cruise) unless there is really something in the Key package that you feel is worth the extra $$.

Yeah I'm not interested in internet as we like to unplug. I'm more interested in the quicker boarding and faster lines. Hubby has been climbing / working on cell phone towers for 30+ years. He's had back surgery,  shoulder surgery, a knee replaced , ect...

Anything that makes his life a little easier and more enjoyable I'm willing to try.

39 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Yeah I'm not interested in internet as we like to unplug. I'm more interested in the quicker boarding and faster lines.

Then a Key purchase makes even less sense. You can probably get assistance with boarding without the Key and I can't think of anywhere else it would help your situation.

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Yeah I'm not interested in internet as we like to unplug. I'm more interested in the quicker boarding and faster lines. Hubby has been climbing / working on cell phone towers for 30+ years. He's had back surgery,  shoulder surgery, a knee replaced , ect...

Anything that makes his life a little easier and more enjoyable I'm willing to try.

If you are in a JS, you can board along with the other suite guests through a separate line that is invariably shorter than the regular lines.

If that is all you are interested in, is it worth $80/day for the two of you?

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

We just got off Anthem (JS) and usually book GS or above. I would say that even though it’s a long time since we sailed in a JS, I was very impressed with the size of the room overall, and particularly the 1 & 1/2 bathroom setup in the newer ship versions. Much less impressed by the bed and the sofa. They use a much better quality and thickness of mattress in the full suites, which may be a serious consideration for somebody with back issues? Although I know it is a very subjective issue, the JS mattress was so hard that I couldn’t sleep for the first 2 nights. We did get a “topper” fitted which made things significantly better, although I was left in no doubt about the magnificence of the concession! The sofa (sofa bed) in the room was also hard enough to break your hip if you dared make the mistake of thinking it was more plush during “first contact!” 

Book the key and keep your eyes open for a Royal Up offer.  We had a JS on the Enchantment and planned on buying the Key.  Our Royal Up was accepted so we added 2 devices to DH's account for wifi and cancelled the Key.  Totally spoiled by the special treatment of being in a suite.  

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, toxicfairy said:

you can still get on early with the suites.  

Or, just board around 1pm, treat yourself to Chops lunch, and go to your cabin.  It's what we do.  No lines.

Edited by jean87510