Back 2 back

DANCING GRANDMOMMY

When you book a back to back is that counted as one or 2 cruises in the loyalty program? I ask because my Medallion App lists those 2 by the 1st embarkation date only. I paid the second cruise in full, but they will not allow me to make any dine my way reservation as the 1st isn't paid in full. We booked this back to back to move to the next level prior to our 16 day Panama Canal cruise. Thank you for you're help. 

1 hour ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

When you book a back to back is that counted as one or 2 cruises in the loyalty program? I ask because my Medallion App lists those 2 by the 1st embarkation date only. I paid the second cruise in full, but they will not allow me to make any dine my way reservation as the 1st isn't paid in full. We booked this back to back to move to the next level prior to our 16 day Panama Canal cruise. Thank you for you're help. 

You can verify by checking you cruise history on Princess.com. Login and it should show credits to be earned as ‘future’ opposed to completed, click My Account, then click link ‘cruises sailed’. Princess now automatically rewards segment credits, even if you booked a 14 day cruise as one sailing, even if it can be booked as 2 seven day sailings, so , non solo, non suite, will earn 2 credits booked either way.

In the APP, B2B cruises are shown as 1 cruise starting with the first cruise and you will receive only one Medallion with the embarkation sailing date of the first cruise that will be used for you entire sailing, no matter if you booked each cruise separately. You may need to go to guest services to get a new medallion if the battery dies or runs low, but it will still only have your 1st sailing date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I booked a 25-day cruise that was also being sold as a 10-day and 15-day cruise. I have one booking number, etc., but Princess broke it down as two voyages, so I get credit for two cruises. I should also receive each of the Princess Plus Perks for each voyage.  

On 8/26/2023 at 4:16 PM, wallyj said:

You can verify by checking you cruise history on Princess.com. Login and it should show credits to be earned as ‘future’ opposed to completed, click My Account, then click link ‘cruises sailed’. Princess now automatically rewards segment credits, even if you booked a 14 day cruise as one sailing, even if it can be booked as 2 seven day sailings, so , non solo, non suite, will earn 2 credits booked either way.

In the APP, B2B cruises are shown as 1 cruise starting with the first cruise and you will receive only one Medallion with the embarkation sailing date of the first cruise that will be used for you entire sailing, no matter if you booked each cruise separately. You may need to go to guest services to get a new medallion if the battery dies or runs low, but it will still only have your 1st sailing date.

We have a B2B booked but we are in different cabins.  Do we have to get a new medallion in this case?

8 minutes ago, sabookkeeper said:

We have a B2B booked but we are in different cabins.  Do we have to get a new medallion in this case?

No, the Medallion will be updated/anctivated electronically on turnaround day to open your ‘new’ cabin. Verify with guest services on turnaround day approximate time your medallion will update so you can move your belongings yourself on turnaround morning,  if desired. I believe for a short while it will unlock both old and new cabin.

• Like 1

Just now, wallyj said:

No, the Medallion will be updated/anctivated electronically on turnaround day to open your ‘new’ cabin. Verify with guest services on turnaround day approximate time your medallion will update so you can move your belongings yourself on turnaround morning,  if desired. I believe for a short while it will unlock both old and new cabin.

Thanks...we will check on timing of change.

16 minutes ago, wallyj said:

14 minutes ago, sabookkeeper said:

Thanks...we will check on timing of change.

Depending on the timing of the change, you may need to get a card to open the other cabin before the change. Ask Guest Services.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 5:25 PM, wallyj said:

I believe for a short while it will unlock both old and new cabin.

I think that's correct but the last time we changed cabins I stayed in the original cabin while my husband  moved our stuff.

We prefer to do it ourselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I think that's correct but the last time we changed cabins I stayed in the original cabin while my husband  moved our stuff.

We prefer to do it ourselves. 

When I did a cabin move on a turnaround day on a B2B, I talked to my cabin steward about his preferred procedure.  As a result, I packed up my stuff, left it in the closet, went on a shore excursion for the day, and returned to my new cabin with all my stuff hung up in the closet.  I just had to unpack the suitcases and I was all set.  Easy peasy. 

I know you might prefer to move your stuff yourself, but you do have to be out of the old cabin in time for them to get ready for the next guest and can't move to the new cabin until that's ready for you.  Leaving it to the cabin stewards seems the best course of action, to me.

The app always shows only the first leg of a B2B but continues on through the second leg in Jouneyview and DineMyWay.  

I have an entirely different issue with mine upcoming sailings as we are going on one short repositioning cruise, staying overnight in a hotel and then getting on a completely different ship for a B2B.  We probably won’t want to make dinner reservations in the MDR .. good thing, because the app won’t let us.  It’s just a little glitch due to the rather rare occurrence of how we set up the 3 cruises.  No harm, though.  We have the premier package so will probably be doing more casual and specialty meals anyway.  

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

I know you might prefer to move your stuff yourself, but you do have to be out of the old cabin in time for them to get ready for the next guest and can't move to the new cabin until that's ready for you. 

That's a big problem when the people in the cabin you're transferring into like to stay until they practically throw them out. 

Thankfully on out last 8 or 9 B2B trips we managed to get the same cabin which made things much easier.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Thankfully on out last 8 or 9 B2B trips we managed to get the same cabin which made things much easier.  

Same here.  That is a plus when booking way in advance of the sailing, we have been able to secure the same cabin for multiple segments.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The app always shows only the first leg of a B2B but continues on through the second leg in Jouneyview and DineMyWay.  

I have an entirely different issue with mine upcoming sailings as we are going on one short repositioning cruise, staying overnight in a hotel and then getting on a completely different ship for a B2B.  We probably won’t want to make dinner reservations in the MDR .. good thing, because the app won’t let us.  It’s just a little glitch due to the rather rare occurrence of how we set up the 3 cruises.  No harm, though.  We have the premier package so will probably be doing more casual and specialty meals anyway.  

We did the same thing. 1 8-day on Carnval and then next day back2back on Princess. Have a great triple cruise.

We have 31 days in a forward inside cabin and then 32 days in an aft Caribe balcony. This will be our first ever experience with a cabin change on a ship and I will definitely speak with the steward and ask how he would like us to handle the transition. Whatever makes the steward's job easier will work fine for us. After all, the steward is working and we are not.

• Like 2

Just now, Thrak said:

We have 31 days in a forward inside cabin and then 32 days in an aft Caribe balcony. This will be our first ever experience with a cabin change on a ship and I will definitely speak with the steward and ask how he would like us to handle the transition. Whatever makes the steward's job easier will work fine for us. After all, the steward is working and we are not.

In my experience, they load your stuff onto a bellhops cart with anything on hangers on the top and the suitcases on the bottom, move it to a holding area, and then on to the new cabin when it's ready.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, Thrak said:

We went to the new steward, introduced ourselves and told him that we’re on a b2b and which cabin we will be in. He thanked me for that information and told me he’ll take care of that cabin first. True to his word, when we returned, our room was ready and all our things moved in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tere247 said:

We went to the new steward, introduced ourselves and told him that we’re on a b2b and which cabin we will be in. He thanked me for that information and told me he’ll take care of that cabin first. True to his word, when we returned, our room was ready and all our things moved in. 

Yes.  This is what we have done when a move is necessary.  Works like a charm.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, Cruise Raider said:

Fine enough in your situation, but this is a system bug and should have been addressed long ago.

Hardly a "little glitch".  Its defective software design.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Fine enough in your situation, but this is a system bug and should have been addressed long ago.

Hardly a "little glitch".  Its defective software design.

I guess I call it a ‘little glitch’ because we really are not ending up in the main dining room very often any longer, especially now with the premier package including so many other options.  
But yes .. you are correct.  I guess it isn’t a little glitch … just not one that has a big impact on us.  I can’t make reservations for my specialty dinners at this time even though it shows I have dining credits due to having the premier package.  If I can’t get them onboard, I’m sure they will just credit our account, which they’ve done that in the past.  I do like that now they are opening the specialty restaurants on alternating days for lunch on some ships (I’m hoping for all ships), which is my overall preference anyway.  We are not big eaters at dinner time.  

• Like 1