Current ("latest") rules for booking a future cruise onboard

Josie201

I know rules have changed recently and there are new time limits and penalties in place.  (I did do a search but didn't really find what I was looking for). 

Am wondering about the current rules for "book later" booking on board, and specifically if I'm on Beyond and want to book on Royal Caribbean?

TIA.

21 minutes ago, Josie2 said:

I’m sure others have posted here that this is possible.

You must have misread the posts. Sometimes people start talking about other lines even though this is a Celebrity forum, but it has never been possible.

1 hour ago, cruizingOmi said:

You can not book a Royal Caribean Cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. Yes they are owned by RC but don't offer each others cruises.

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

You must have misread the posts. Sometimes people start talking about other lines even though this is a Celebrity forum, but it has never been possible.

Unless it’s a recent change, we have done it before —— in both directions. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

We have booked Celebrity cruises on Royal and Royal on Celebrity.  But as fast as things are changing the best place to ask is the Future Cruise desk on the ship.  What was yesterdays offer and rules could be entirely different today.

If you book a cruise on Royal you will be booking under the terms, conditions and perks, if any,  that Royal is offering, not what Celebrity is offering.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

It has always previously been possible, so unless there has been a recent change...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruizingOmi said:

You can not book a Royal Caribean Cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. Yes they are owned by RC but don't offer each others cruises.

When did that change? I have booked Royal cruises on a Celebrity ship in the past. I was planning on booking another when on the solstice next week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I know rules have changed recently and there are new time limits and penalties in place.  (I did do a search but didn't really find what I was looking for). 

Am wondering about the current rules for "book later" booking on board, and specifically if I'm on Beyond and want to book on Royal Caribbean?

TIA.

We will be booking a RC B2B cruise for March 2025 while on out October 2023 Eclipse cruise. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

When did that change? I have booked Royal cruises on a Celebrity ship in the past. I was planning on booking another when on the solstice next week.

If you can report back I’d be grateful. 

Hello,

Unless something has changed SINCE JUNE THIS YEAR you can book on either for the other.

However as I always say when this question is frequently asked, the Next Cruise people may not be 100% up to speed on what the sister company has as 'offers' as they usually have to be added manually to a booking so YOU need to know what you are expecting to get and prompt for them if necessary.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

It has been possible, so unless the rules have changed it should still be

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Another “rule” about the “book later” is that it needs to be done within 6 months of purchasing the certificate 

My experience has been that the use by date is variable and changes frequently with different promotions.    I have seen anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.    The last ones I booked in may were valid for 1 year.    I asked about the 2 year validly and they said that was a mistake and wouldn't be repeated.

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Another “rule” about the “book later” is that it needs to be done within 6 months of purchasing the certificate 

It varies. There are two dates to look be aware of. The date that you must choose a sailing date and the date the certificate expires. To get the onboard promotional OBC you have to book by the date the cruise has to be chosen. There is also the certificate expiration date where they automatically refund the deposit if the cert has not been used. If you book after the deadline to select a cruise you still get the lower deposit but you forfeit the OBC.