Butler Team Service in SS - Please Post Current Cruisers Comments on your Experience.

JDPCruisers

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

I live in Central Kentucky too and feel the same.  Headed to Tony’s tonight, going to order a Woodford now. Enjoy your cruise. 🙂

I really like Buffalo Trace Bourbon and was able to find it on the PDP on the Equinox, so I hope I can find it on the Apex.  If not Woodford and Bullett are my go-to bourbons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dock said:

Was anyone in an Aqua Suite recently?
Im curious if the two bottles of daily water was name brand or the canned stuff. 
Thank you. 

We have been in AQ twice so far this year. The water is the canned stuff.

Edited by Yplr
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We get 2 bottles a day at all Hilton properties with our Hilton Diamond loyalty level. We also get free upgrades, free breakfast and free Wi-Fi. On Celebrity with Elite we get a bag of free laundry:classic_biggrin:

Although to be honest (we're Hilton Diamond as well), they have cut back too.  It is very, very rare that we are able to get an upgrade anymore.  Have often heard the claim that there are none available, until I point out that their website is still showing them as available and then sometimes (not often) we shame them into upgrading us.  Other times they just swear that the website is not updated.  With their dollar limits on credit for dining, many of our breakfasts are no longer free, just admittedly cheaper.  Wi-Fi hasn't changed.  Never had them give us 2 bottles of water per day but to be fair, if we ask for more they have never charged us.  And Doubletree doesn't charge $2.40 for a cookie🙂.

Two days in and we've gotten 2 bottles of standard bottled water left for us in our SS on Solstice each day. We're supplementing that with Cokes from Michael's Club and that's about all we need in our fridge. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Although to be honest (we're Hilton Diamond as well), they have cut back too.  It is very, very rare that we are able to get an upgrade anymore.  Have often heard the claim that there are none available, until I point out that their website is still showing them as available and then sometimes (not often) we shame them into upgrading us.  Other times they just swear that the website is not updated.  With their dollar limits on credit for dining, many of our breakfasts are no longer free, just admittedly cheaper.  Wi-Fi hasn't changed.  Never had them give us 2 bottles of water per day but to be fair, if we ask for more they have never charged us.  And Doubletree doesn't charge $2.40 for a cookie🙂.

In June at the Hilton Ft Lauderdal Beach resort we got a free upgrade from standard room to full 1 bedroom 1200 sq ft suite with Ocean View 2 days before we checked in with out asking. The  bottles of water were 2 per room, as we had 2 in our room. That upgrade was worth $300 per night and  we were there 3 nights before our cruise. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Yup, and as we've already discussed, even SilverSea and Regent are now the same or cheaper than many comparable X cruises.  And they do not nickel & dime over water or soft drinks.

It reminds me of part of our honeymoon on Lizard Island in the Great Barrier Reef many years ago...we paid an absolute fortune for this all-inclusive experiences (still the most expensive per diem thing we've ever done).  The price included all activities, food and booze....you name it....but it did NOT include soft drinks.  So despite paying four figures a day for this uber luxury resort, they wanted A$7 for a coke!  Talk about leaving a bad Taste in your mouth!  🙄

If you go back to the Great Barrier Reef try Bedarra Island next time - just as pricy but EVERYTHING is included (they even made us ice cream every day for my pina colada's everyday.)  Sorry Lizard did that to you.

22 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I got a care package from my TA today. Last week I told her about the changes in SS and that we had to now go to the Retreat lounge to get bottled water and beers for our cabin. She sent us 2 Travelon theft proof backpacks and a tote bag, so now we can load up on drinks and not have to worry about theft on our way back to the cabin. LOL

I wish I had that type of relationship with our TA.  That will come in handy on your upcoming cruise. 

Make sure to share some pictures of you using it on the cruise. 

17 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I really like Buffalo Trace Bourbon and was able to find it on the PDP on the Equinox, so I hope I can find it on the Apex.  If not Woodford and Bullett are my go-to bourbons.

I agree with you on the Buffalo Trace. When not drinking dark, premium rum I often ask for the Woodford Double Oaked.  It is quite tasty. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I wish I had that type of relationship with our TA.  That will come in handy on your upcoming cruise. 

Me going to get some drinks at the Retreat Lounge

Funny Images, Funny Pictures, Nickelback, Learn To Love, Ouat ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I will try to get a picture of us filling the tote with bottled water and beers from the Retreat lounge. LOL

Here is a picture of the tote, looks like we can get a couple of days supply of drinks in it,

image.png.195ca914cb7f540d0dbaee858b8ebba5.png

Edited by terrydtx

56 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I will try to get a picture of us filling the tote with bottled water and beers from the Retreat lounge. LOL

Here is a picture of the tote, looks like we can get a couple of days supply of drinks in it,

Looking forward to it. How embarrassing that should be for Celebrity management!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

That’s a good security bag.  We have that one.  Very useful.  I believe there are spaces on each side for bottles.  Some pockets are bigger than others.  The strap can’t be cut which helps when Retreat staff try to grab it from you as you are leaving with your “stolen” property.  😂

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Me going to get some drinks at the Retreat Lounge

Funny Images, Funny Pictures, Nickelback, Learn To Love, Ouat ...

I think The Retreat Lounge is soon to be the new Launderette Retreat...shhh don’t tell anyone.  Some will be happy with the change, while others will be upgrading to an SS to do their own laundry and free water for your clothes!  Sorry, but I just could not resist!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I think The Retreat Lounge is soon to be the new Launderette Retreat...shhh don’t tell anyone.  Some will be happy with the change, while others will be upgrading to an SS to do their own laundry and free water for your clothes!  Sorry, but I just could not resist!

Well since the new Host Team can't take our laundry for us, we have to take the laundry to the team and get our drinks at the same time.😁🤞

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 4:10 PM, terrydtx said:

How did you like Eden?

Eden was excellent.  Great food and phenomenal service. And we went at sunset, so great views leaving Ajaccio.  There were also lots of 'extras' included (i.e. "oh you can't decide between 2 dishes, no problem...I'll bring them both to you".  So it was still worth the price; but booking a restaurant at $60/pp and paying $80/pp just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 8mma said:

If you go back to the Great Barrier Reef try Bedarra Island next time - just as pricy but EVERYTHING is included (they even made us ice cream every day for my pina colada's everyday.)  Sorry Lizard did that to you.

Thx, will have to look that place up the next time we're down under.  But don't get me wrong Lizard was still phemoninal--food, service, activities, accommodations, etc (as well it should have been for that price!).  And diving the reef was something to remember (esp now with all the bleaching).  It's just funny how you remember the little things, even decades later.

• Like 1