Butler Team Service in SS - Please Post Current Cruisers Comments on your Experience.

JDPCruisers

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess we can all look after the implementation date and see if we notice any fares dropping.   When you have a hidden bundled price it will be hard to isolate.

Since they are cutting both the Gratuities and Eliminating the OBC one would think you might see a drop but not sure it will be visible.

The engineer in me has taken over on this. I have four random sailings that I am tracking through September and into October. We should be able to see something ——- or not. I’ll post the results.

Can you tell I’m retired with no September or October cruise ????

mac_tlc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, verizon said:

That is very true the drinks ordered is not included for Sky suite but the picture nd the statements shown is legitimate.

I guess the statement is true as you are free to carry your own drinks back to your suite or to anywhere else onboard where you want to consume it...

I do feel sorry for those caught in the middle of these changes with no practical alterative other than to make the best of it they can once onboard.

16 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I guess the statement is true as you are free to carry your own drinks back to your suite or to anywhere else onboard where you want to consume it...

I do feel sorry for those caught in the middle of these changes with no practical alterative other than to make the best of it they can once onboard.

I have a medical condition that makes it difficult or impossible to carry drinks very far.  So in cabin service would be pretty helpful.

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Here is where I am going to have a discussion with the Butler team. See the copy of the retreat amenities from the Celebrity Web site. Read the drinks package, it says specifically to enjoy in your suite. To me that means the butler or somebody will bring ordered drinks to your cabin and this is included with the Retreat Premium drinks. I will have a print out with me next week when we board the Apex to show to the Retreat managers. Am I wrong about how I interpret this?

image.thumb.png.c5b63f6f410123524aa97b87bedd0e66.png

My guess is that somebody will eventually bring you drinks to your suite.  Eventually.  Be prepared to wait for them.  

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

The engineer in me has taken over on this. I have four random sailings that I am tracking through September and into October. We should be able to see something ——- or not. I’ll post the results.

Can you tell I’m retired with no September or October cruise ????

mac_tlc

My guess is that it will drop slightly when the change happens then rise again within a few weeks for just this reason.  The real test will probably be to check again a month or two out. I'll bet by then it's back to where it was, if not higher

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have a medical condition that makes it difficult or impossible to carry drinks very far.  So in cabin service would be pretty helpful.

I do understand and it was a helpful thing when the Butler would offer to take care of that, but it is just another one of those services that were over and above what was officially sanctioned, and eliminating those seem to be the primary target of these changes.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How many open drinks can I get in my Retreat tote bag at the Retreat lounge?  There might be some spillage down the hallways to my suite creating a cleaning mess for the crew and a waste of resources. My wife worked in a bar while at college, I wonder if she remembers how to carry 6 or more drinks without spilling any of them?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

How many open drinks can I get in my Retreat tote bag at the Retreat lounge?  There might be some spillage down the hallways to my suite creating a cleaning mess for the crew and a waste of resources. My wife worked in a bar while at college, I wonder if she remembers how to carry 6 or more drinks without spilling any of them?

Just make sure to pack a serving tray, or order room service and keep the tray to use to ferry drinks to your room.  Since they did away with the Drinks & More packages, I've only had non-alcoholic beverages or wine in the room. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

i just informed my wife that she will be assuming the Butler duties on our cruise next week, her reply I cannot repeat as it would violate the forum rules.😡

• Haha 15

49 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Pretty soon, guests will be packing trays to transport drinks! 😜 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

Pretty soon, guests will be packing trays to transport drinks! 😜 

we always bring a small tray  that we use for coffee abd tea  (can also use a lg sized plate from the buffet)..

now we will be adding baggies and food containers for general  foraging..no more canapes in AQ Class!  If we still get the welcome btl of bubbly...we drink that with O J

We will also start  carrying the permitted wine btls on with us.. we will need a luggage sherpa!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

we always bring a small tray  that we use for coffee abd tea  (can also use a lg sized plate from the buffet)..

now we will be adding baggies and food containers for general  foraging..no more canapes in AQ Class!  If we still get the welcome btl of bubbly...we drink that with O J

We will also start  carrying the permitted wine btls on with us.. we will need a luggage sherpa!

I think you will need to ask for the bottle, when I was on board in March there was no bottle 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Hi there,

I also have some issues making it hard for me to carry drinks, snacks back to my room. This has been one of the reasons that booking a RS or PH has appealed to us. We have enjoyed having the stocked sodas, beers, and 2 litres of spirits. One option open to you could be to purchase the in suite bar set up for your regular afternoon tipple or nightcap…

I also suggest you contact the shoreside concierge a couple of weeks before your cruise and explain you know that an in suite minibar is not included with a SS but you have some medical issues and would be grateful if they could arrange for your room to be stocked with x, y, z…If the message doesn’t get through you could have the same conversation with the Retreat Concierge. There is a big difference between providing a guest with disabilities a service and providing everyone with a service…I would be hopeful that your request would be met.

However, bringing mixed drinks to your suite is not a perk for any suite. Even in the PH we do not usually request that. I will occasionally totter back to my suite from the Retreat Lounge with a Baileys in a larger glass end of night to reduce spillage rather than phone the butler and expect him to bring me one! 

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I think you will need to ask for the bottle, when I was on board in March there was no bottle 

Hope we still get the small long lasting flowers in vase and the Cap Club Rose!

We will try to bring a small bouquet but there is just so much we can carry..( no more flower orders on X website)

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope we still get the small long lasting flowers in vase and the Cap Club Rose!

We will try to bring a small bouquet but there is just so much we can carry..( no more flower orders on X website)

The flowers aren't something offered now I think, I didn't see it.

Basically I didn't think the up charge for AQ was really worth what I received so haven't booked it again. Maybe for E class as I liked the thermal suite there but on Summit I just felt the charge vs what I received didn't match.

I am very disappointed at the way celebrity handled this. Unfortunately I have 4 cruises booked (they will be my last in a suite). This whole disaster could have avoided if celebrity had sent out a email that said we are changing the amenities in the sky suites,  if you no longer wish  to sail with us we will refund your deposit or fare. We then would have felt more in control of the situation instead of feeling like victims of bait in switch. 
I am elite plus. My DH and I only have 1 or 2 drinks before dinner. Don’t care about Wi-Fi. 
We are looking at transpacific. If I move to cheap balcony I can save $5000. You can buy a lot of specialty dinners and drinks for that money, And I can even book a cabana for sea days. And since the service in a balcony stateroom seems to be the same as the new service in a sky suite I might try this option. So depending on prices on other lines this might be the way I go. (I am also stockholder and credit card holder so I get a lot of onboard credit) 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

The flowers aren't something offered now I think, I didn't see it.

Basically I didn't think the up charge for AQ was really worth what I received so haven't booked it again. Maybe for E class as I liked the thermal suite there but on Summit I just felt the charge vs what I received didn't match.

I agree M Class thermal suites are not very exciting..they are nterior and just had a heated bench

We prefer the expansive area on S Class with loungers in the middle and sea views.. ( other than the nappe.

On E Class the rooms are interior..no views other than the lounger area which gets alot of very

apologies for off the suite  topic..and my post was cut off!

I agree M Class thermal suites are not very exciting..they are interior and just had a heated curved bench

We prefer the expansive area on S Class with loungers in the middle and sea views.. ((other than the nappers who snore!).

On E Class the rooms are interior..but interesting.. salt rm is good.  There no views other than in  the lounger area which gets alot of very intense sunshine.  We hear there's a door  to an outside deck but never looked?? The locker/ shower room is very nice.

Because we enjoy BLU and the Thermal suites..we are happy to be in AQ Class.. We suspect we will be priced out of AQ Class soon.(we will be  in an SV on  APEX)