Select price benefits

sandancer

8 hours ago, Francisdrake said:

Check your local drop off point it might not necessarily be the services (two of the local ones to me are Barnsley bus station & Leeds interchange with Eavesway)  could be an option to get on a stop like that if it's easier than getting to the services.     

Not sure if Intercruises have any stops like that as it's been years since we used Intercruises as par of select fare as the extra for select fare on all the recent cruises i've done have been a lot more than the saver fare so it's been cheaper to book saver & pay for Eavesway.

Intercruises also go from Barnsley interchange, we are now considering them for next year, they are currently £224 return Barnsley to Southampton. Usually we go down a day early and park but since covid the price has risen considerably and I am getting bored with driving longer distances.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Eavesway every time,,,comfy coaches,WiFi,no stress of driving.

Do the math and see what works better.

Dozens of trips never been late to the ship on any off them,,,those drivers know every back road in England.

IMG_1048.thumb.jpeg.de4a6a0272ea045b164656317788dceb.jpeg

Both companies are good but until our last cruise we preferred Eavesway. on our last trip to Southampton with Eavesway our driver was pulled over by the police on the M6 for speeding and I didn't feel safe on the coach because of how he aggressively he was driving.  When we got to the docks he even asked that no one should report him to Eavesway because he had personal problems and he might lose his job.

We have decided to take the complementary coach from P&O for our November cruise because they use Intercruises, so we will see how that goes.

• Like 2

Hi

Thats unusual all coaches must be fitted (by law) with ‘speed limiters’ you will see the sticker on the back of the coach,,,,he can put the pedal to the floor and he won’t go faster than 70mph.

Must have been going down hill with a tail wind😏

If the police stopped him for speeding they would also book him for tampering with the guvorner.

Hi bosses would have found out anyway,,,the lack of a limiter charge would have gone to them.

IMG_2521.jpeg.c45e0057417da3ea7f91040338f287f8.jpeg

8 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Thats unusual all coaches must be fitted (by law) with ‘speed limiters’ you will see the sticker on the back of the coach,,,,he can put the pedal to the floor and he won’t go faster than 70mph.

Must have been going down hill with a tail wind😏

If the police stopped him for speeding they would also book him for tampering with the guvorner.

Hi bosses would have found out anyway,,,the lack of a limiter charge would have gone to them.

IMG_2521.jpeg.c45e0057417da3ea7f91040338f287f8.jpeg

There could have been speed restrictions on the motorway, we have two sections close to us where the motorway is restricted to 50 mph to reduce pollution, or there were roadworks

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

There could have been speed restrictions on the motorway, we have two sections close to us where the motorway is restricted to 50 mph to reduce pollution, or there were roadworks

That’s true..

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

On 9/5/2023 at 7:36 AM, yorkshirephil said:

Intercruises also go from Barnsley interchange, we are now considering them for next year, they are currently £224 return Barnsley to Southampton. Usually we go down a day early and park but since covid the price has risen considerably and I am getting bored with driving longer distances.

We had reason to go down to Woodhall services (M1 S)  the Sheffield pick up point.

They have their coach pick up point to the rear of the services ,which is very exposed to the elements

and the pavements to it have seen better days ,for people pulling luggage, no shelter . .

Think if I was using them I would prefer to stay the night before at the Days Inn ,knowing  I 

was not at the mercy of a taxi being late or not showing up.

That would be a 350 yard walk from hotel to coach park .

• Like 1

We will be on our first cruise at the end of this month and will be travelling with Eavesway from Scotch Corner. We are with our in-laws who have arranged the trip and they have used Eavesway many times and they trust them. We will overnight at the Travelodge and be up early to catch the coach. Hoping for an uneventful trip down. 🙂

• Like 2

I wonder why Eavesway are going from Scotch Corner but from Washington Services it’s Intercruise. Logically the next pick up after Washington would be Scotch Corner as the coach will drive right by there. We are not travelling on this particular cruise until March so maybe they have different arrangements for next year. 

16 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I wonder why Eavesway are going from Scotch Corner but from Washington Services it’s Intercruise. Logically the next pick up after Washington would be Scotch Corner as the coach will drive right by there. We are not travelling on this particular cruise until March so maybe they have different arrangements for next year. 

Possibly due to the number of bookings and pick ups en route, or maybe different companies (are they different?) having contracts with different services or even to limit the number of stops which can be frustrating for passengers already on the coach.

12 hours ago, sandancer said:

We’ve decided to go for it. However, it’s not Eavesway, it’s Intercruises. 
Anyone travelled with them?  It’s all new to us. 

My experience with both Intercruise and Eavesway is that Intercruise is more reliable. They hire coaches according to need so are more flexible with numbers. The coaches are usually Ellisons or similar (particularly for long journeys) so very comfortable. It is the "preferred partner" of P&O, therefore there is more communication and support if anything goes wrong. They did have trouble with their phone lines for a time last year which caused a bit of stress (if you take the coach travel option when booking a cruise you can't book online) but that has been resolved. Eavesway have nerfed their service drastically over the last few years, reducing pick up points etc (nothing north of Preston for example).

Never had any issues with Intercruise unlike my experience with Eavesway. For example, making a one hour diversion to pick up two passengers, off loading luggage at wrong drop off points, and not checking that all cases had been claimed before driving off, coaches breaking down, changing pick up point two weeks prior to departure after arrangements (hotels etc) had been booked and paid for. And all these happened to me on only two journeys with them, compared to dozens with Intercruise.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Eavesway have nerfed their service drastically recently. As I say in my reply to another comment, they no longer pick up north of Preston on the west side of the country, for example.

12 hours ago, sandancer said:

We’ve decided to go for it. However, it’s not Eavesway, it’s Intercruises. 
Anyone travelled with them?  It’s all new to us. 

We have used Intercruises many times from the North West, last time in July. They have always been very good and the drivers have always been excellent. We would not hesitate to use them again but not for a while as for our next two cruises we are flying to meet the ships.

26 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thank you for the info. I checked the price for booking direct and keeping our £60 pp obc. It was £302 return. No brainer. 

Exactly! Unless you book a cruise with extra obc offer taking the coach offer is (as you say) a no brainer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FangedRose said:

My experience with both Intercruise and Eavesway is that Intercruise is more reliable. They hire coaches according to need so are more flexible with numbers. The coaches are usually Ellisons or similar (particularly for long journeys) so very comfortable. It is the "preferred partner" of P&O, therefore there is more communication and support if anything goes wrong. They did have trouble with their phone lines for a time last year which caused a bit of stress (if you take the coach travel option when booking a cruise you can't book online) but that has been resolved. Eavesway have nerfed their service drastically over the last few years, reducing pick up points etc (nothing north of Preston for example).

Never had any issues with Intercruise unlike my experience with Eavesway. For example, making a one hour diversion to pick up two passengers, off loading luggage at wrong drop off points, and not checking that all cases had been claimed before driving off, coaches breaking down, changing pick up point two weeks prior to departure after arrangements (hotels etc) had been booked and paid for. And all these happened to me on only two journeys with them, compared to dozens with Intercruise.

Different experiences for different folks,,,in probably 30 journeys with Eavesway never had a problem like you describe on any of them.

Done several with Intercruises with no problems,only one issue where coach (Ellisons) had no WiFi,driver said it was due to H&S rules!!!
Btw,,you never claimed your cases when getting of the coaches,,,most times the coach drops you off then drives up to the baggage hatch to be unloaded.

In all my journeys I think it has been a mixed coach twice,,,Iona and FO that was in February,,in summer the coaches are full to whatever ship you are picking up.

We have travelled 5 or 6 times now from Washington services. We always stay in the Travelodge the night before (make sure you book southbound one) as 5.30 am start. Never had a problem with plenty of comfort stops etc. if you book the Travelodge best to ask for ground floor as no lift to first floor and across the motorway is a nice Italian restaurant for a nice meal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Different experiences for different folks,,,in probably 30 journeys with Eavesway never had a problem like you describe on any of them.

Done several with Intercruises with no problems,only one issue where coach (Ellisons) had no WiFi,driver said it was due to H&S rules!!!
Btw,,you never claimed your cases when getting of the coaches,,,most times the coach drops you off then drives up to the baggage hatch to be unloaded.

In all my journeys I think it has been a mixed coach twice,,,Iona and FO that was in February,,in summer the coaches are full to whatever ship you are picking up.

Yes I know. I was talking about the return journey when dropping off at various places. Luckily I was seated above the luggage door and spotted him offloading my case and stopped him driving off when my suitcase was still sitting on the pavement.

Never had any major issues with Eavesway or Intercruises,   minor issue on the last Eavesway one that they'd had to get the driver out of retirement due to a driver shortage  & he took us to the wrong cruise terminal but it was resolved quickly & didn't cause any issues as we were there in oodles of time anyway.

If i had to pick a favourite I'd probably go Eavesway as the coaches are good every time,  with Intercruises we've had some of the good Ellisons coaches (once we even got one of the coaches the top football teams use) but because they contract out the buses sometimes the coaches they've turned up in haven't been great at all.

• Like 1