No Pacific Coast Cruises?

Cruisedreamer1

49 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

I am looking for 2024 Mexico cruises and can't fins anything. Has Celebrity abandoned the west coast? Thanks.

It looks like they decided to do the West coast when they re-launched after the Covid shutdown to get the Solstice back in service since they couldn't do Alaska. It's too bad they aren't going to stay in this market because we enjoyed taking the last minute cruises out of LA.

• Like 2

We’re sad too.  For many years we begged to get some west coast cruises. Then the pandemic hit and unfortunately there has not been the demand. We have supported the west coast with four bookings. We have enjoyed a quick hop down the coast instead of flying clear across the country. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Unfortunately. The Mexico and Pacifical Coastal seasonal cruises on Solstice and Eclipse have sold very poorly and sailed for less than price of the comparable Caribbean sailings this and last year. 

Yes and no. I have b2b cruises in October and they are both almost sold out. The lower cabins were priced cheaper but certainly not Aqua or above! I'm very sad to see them stop them as they are wonderful! But then after all the changes I am considering other options anyway. 

11 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

I am looking for 2024 Mexico cruises and can't fins anything. Has Celebrity abandoned the west coast? Thanks.

West coast of Mexico, yes. West coast of US, not completely. Summit will be doing one in the spring and one in the fall.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Unfortunately. The Mexico and Pacifical Coastal seasonal cruises on Solstice and Eclipse have sold very poorly and sailed for less than price of the comparable Caribbean sailings this and last year. 

Many years ago Celebrity had a presence on the west coast but left for exactly the same reason. What would make them think any different?

8 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Our upcoming California coastal on the Eclipse is very close to being sold out and it was no bargain.

Same with our 8 October Pacific Coastal cruise. And this isn't our first. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Same with our 8 October Pacific Coastal cruise. And this isn't our first. 

I'm on that cruise also (and the one after).  The prices for cabins lower than Concierge or Aqua were actually very, very cheap for a long time.  They sold out quickly and those cabins are no longer available. Not sure about AQ and CC - haven't checked in awhile but I know for quite some time there were a lot of them available.  I'm thinking many people were hoping to book cheap and then win a Move-Up bid to a higher level cabin.  

19 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Just looked and the Summit ends a voyage in Vancouver on Sept 13, 2024 and then departs from LA on Sept 19, 2024.  There is nothing on the site that I see for Sept 13 - 19, which logically would be a West Coast leg.   Maybe she's chartered out???

10 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

We are loyal Celebrity fans, but recently booked a b2b in April from LA-Mex-LA-Pacific Coast on Discovery Princess, one of their newer ships.  

You will have to post how you enjoy the cruise.    With Celebrity abandoning the West Coast we may be following suite.

I think X missed a real opportunity with next April's total solar eclipse. We will be at sea on Princess near Mazatlan during totality, allowing the captain of our ship to find the best viewing site. It seems that having an eclipse cruise on the Eclipse would have been a fantastic marketing opportunity, especially to new customers, and could possibly have gotten more people excited about other West Coast cruises on X. 

I know Princess has two ships eclipse-chasing, and I think HAL has at least one. 

I'm looking forward to the 360 degree sunset I've read happens during a total eclipse at sea. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Just looked and the Summit ends a voyage in Vancouver on Sept 13, 2024 and then departs from LA on Sept 19, 2024.  There is nothing on the site that I see for Sept 13 - 19, which logically would be a West Coast leg.   Maybe she's chartered out???

Wonder if it is just a screw up on Celebrity Website.

I just did a mock booking on an airline site for an S1

image.thumb.png.b23fc716b009109c19ec6d98f5c93df7.png

I've done the itinerary four times this past year (one was on Carnival) and have two more X sailings in 2023.  I've spoken to many who find the itinerary bland but more or less went for the cruise itself.  PV is the best port offered if just want to walk along the boardwalk around the water but its an one and done for most.  Cabo isn't the greatest walking around as you're in the marina where there are lots of locals offering you questionable-illegal things; however, during the right season, the area is one of the places on the planet to see humpback whales breach

My opinion is I'd love to see do a season from Hawaii to the French Polynesian (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, etc) and back to Hawaii.  That would be a dream come true for many and the best part is you're flying in and out of Hawaii; I'd be shocked if that itinerary didn't sell out

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wonder if it is just a screw up on Celebrity Website

Would not surprise me.  I have seen some voyages where the first page on the web showed the Retreat as sold out, however when you get to the select your category page Retreat cabins are available.  It makes sense they will "fill the gap" so to speak

You will have to post how you enjoy the cruise.    With Celebrity abandoning the West Coast we may be following suite.

We're traveling with two other couples and we've all been to the ports before, but two weeks with good friends/wine/food (?), it will be great.  Our son & family live in Mill Valley, so we usually ferry over to Sausalito, have lunch and go up to their home for a little while.  Hopefully the weather will be nice in April.   We were on the Majestic Princess a year or so ago and the ship is lovely.   The food was nothing to rave about, so this time, we'll just enjoy some nice restaurants ashore in Mexico and California.  

If anyone knows of some really good (not necessarily expensive) restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo,  San Diego, or Monterey, please let us know.  We're not doing any specialty restaurants on this cruise and will just enjoy the ports.

Jim, followed your posts for several years.  If you take the April 12th cruise, be sure to let us know.  We'd love to meet you. 

We did an 11 night cruise on Mercury in 2007.It was the best cruise of our 16 cruises with Celebrity.  We stopped at Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo an Acapulco. So sad that they no longer cruise there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

We're traveling with two other couples and we've all been to the ports before, but two weeks with good friends/wine/food (?), it will be great.  Our son & family live in Mill Valley, so we usually ferry over to Sausalito, have lunch and go up to their home for a little while.  Hopefully the weather will be nice in April.   We were on the Majestic Princess a year or so ago and the ship is lovely.   The food was nothing to rave about, so this time, we'll just enjoy some nice restaurants ashore in Mexico and California.  

If anyone knows of some really good (not necessarily expensive) restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo,  San Diego, or Monterey, please let us know.  We're not doing any specialty restaurants on this cruise and will just enjoy the ports.

Jim, followed your posts for several years.  If you take the April 12th cruise, be sure to let us know.  We'd love to meet you. 

I'm sure we will NOT be taking the April 12 Coastal.    We will be flying back to Sydney for the Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver TP.   I was hoping they would have the Mexican Riviera later as we really enjoyed.

One day while in SF on the overnight we took the ferry to Tiberon.   Wonderful day except due to Covid virtually nothing was open.   Most restaurants were doing major remodels and torn up.     Regardless we had a wonderful day.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm sure we will NOT be taking the April 12 Coastal.    We will be flying back to Sydney for the Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver TP.   I was hoping they would have the Mexican Riviera later as we really enjoyed.

One day while in SF on the overnight we took the ferry to Tiberon.   Wonderful day except due to Covid virtually nothing was open.   Most restaurants were doing major remodels and torn up.     Regardless we had a wonderful day.  

Thanks.  Hadn't thought of that!   There are a couple of good restaurants in Tiberon we know of.  Easy to get to Tiberon from our son's house too.   

I don't know how old you guys are, but I truly envy you all the traveling you do.  We are into our 80's and just can't take those overseas flights anymore.  We're wiped out for Days afterwards, even flying business class.  Only go as far as the coasts in the US.   Luckily we did as many far-away destinations as possible over the past 30+ years so are content with 4 hours or less flights.   Especially fun to read your write-ups on the different cruises you're on, so keep 'em coming!  Have a wonderful cruise.  Will be looking forward to your postings.