How does the laundry special ($34.99 / bag) work?

Heronymous

I’m new to Royal and saw in the threads about being able to do a wash and fold of a bag of laundry for $34.99. I’m currently on Harmony of the Seas and waited all week to see the special appear but never saw it. I asked our room attendant and he said that it’s only on the first day but said he could make an exception and gave it to us on day 5 and did the bag. 

The slip begins “arrive home with a suitcase full of clean, folded, laundry…” which implies it would be used towards the end of the cruise, not day 1.

I went to customer service to find out just when is this to be used as we are doing a back to back and I want to make sure I don’t miss out on it next week.

The question seemed to stump them and I got several different answers contradicting each other and ultimately ended with “it’s day 1 only” which makes no sense based on the wording on the slip.

I was wondering if any seasoned Harmony guests might know the reason answer on when the promotion usually is?

• Like 1

I don't think there would be much to launder on day one or the next day. We usually get our special laundry bags when we ask the attendant. I don't recall specifically when on our last Harmony cruise in February but I'm sure it wasn't day one.

• Like 1

The clean at end of cruise is a different promotion, but same effect.  Usually somewhere in mid-cruise they publish it, but often the steward can get you the bag/slip anytime.  Note that it is limited to certain items, like underwear, shorts, socks, pjs and T shirts - as many as you can stuff (roll for a better fit).  Don't try sending in laundry last day (you can pay for same day service) and even second from last can be iffy.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, yeah the day 1 thing didn’t make any sense. I think they’re confusing the pressing only special with the wash and fold, and even showing them the picture of the slip I found in this forum they were confused as to what it was, made several calls, and came up with what I suspect was an inaccurate answer. 

I also can’t get a straight answer as to whether we can do multiple bags, the wording on the RCCL website appears to say so, but I received multiple conflicting answers on the ship. 

I’ll see what happens on week two and reply here with it so anyone who has the same questions or issues can maybe make use of my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heronymous said:

Thanks everyone, yeah the day 1 thing didn’t make any sense. I think they’re confusing the pressing only special with the wash and fold, and even showing them the picture of the slip I found in this forum they were confused as to what it was, made several calls, and came up with what I suspect was an inaccurate answer. 

I also can’t get a straight answer as to whether we can do multiple bags, the wording on the RCCL website appears to say so, but I received multiple conflicting answers on the ship. 

I’ll see what happens on week two and reply here with it so anyone who has the same questions or issues can maybe make use of my experience.

We spent 7 nights on Ovation and 3 nights in Vancouver, then boarded Quantum for a 10 night cruise with a suitcase full of dirty laundry. Talked to the cabin steward on boarding day and he took 2 full bags that night and returned them them late on the second night.  There is a dry clean bag and slip hanging in the closet, ask your steward for the wash and fold bag. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We spent 7 nights on Ovation and 3 nights in Vancouver, then boarded Quantum for a 10 night cruise with a suitcase full of dirty laundry. Talked to the cabin steward on boarding day and he took 2 full bags that night and returned them them late on the second night.  There is a dry clean bag and slip hanging in the closet, ask your steward for the wash and fold bag. 

Unfortunately there was no bag or slip in either of our closets, that’s the first place we looked,

I always get the bag from the attendant on day three and send it out the morning of the forth day.  It's usually back before dinner on day five.  Usually I see the bag in the closet but if not I just ask and they will hand one over.

• Like 1

Sounds mixed based on these replies, I can say at least on last week's Mariner (9/1-9/9) we were interested in this.  My mother went to Guest Services Day 2 to inquire about it, and they said this didn't exist.

The next morning, Day 3, there was a wash/fold $34.99 bag and flier in our room.

Edited by garrymorere

On 9/8/2023 at 12:02 PM, Heronymous said:

I’m new to Royal and saw in the threads about being able to do a wash and fold of a bag of laundry for $34.99. I’m currently on Harmony of the Seas and waited all week to see the special appear but never saw it. I asked our room attendant and he said that it’s only on the first day but said he could make an exception and gave it to us on day 5 and did the bag. 

The slip begins “arrive home with a suitcase full of clean, folded, laundry…” which implies it would be used towards the end of the cruise, not day 1.

I went to customer service to find out just when is this to be used as we are doing a back to back and I want to make sure I don’t miss out on it next week.

The question seemed to stump them and I got several different answers contradicting each other and ultimately ended with “it’s day 1 only” which makes no sense based on the wording on the slip.

I was wondering if any seasoned Harmony guests might know the reason answer on when the promotion usually is?

I used this promo previously and not assigned to day 1 only.  On my Oasis 20th sail I took advantage of this benefit on day 5 and got it the next day.  Marked/identified the order slip as "Wash and Fold."

Hi there,

Asking this question for my niece who is sailing on Enchantment in a month. Do they do these bag specials on 7 day sailings? They will be travelling Greece for 10 days prior to boarding. They found the laundry cost crazy expensive last time. I mentioned Celebrity does these specials, and don't see why RCL wouldn't unless they do not offer them on shorter sailings. Any guidance ppl could provide would be amazing. Thanks 🙂

On 9/8/2023 at 3:06 PM, lovelife said:

I don't think there would be much to launder on day one or the next day. We usually get our special laundry bags when we ask the attendant. I don't recall specifically when on our last Harmony cruise in February but I'm sure it wasn't day one.

Many people land travel prior to a cruise...

• Like 1

It's usually available mid week for a 7 night sail.  As others suggested, ask the steward for the bags any night.  There could be a 2 day turn around, so ask and plan ahead.

Also note the items it specifies that are included.  For example, you would want your dress shirt cleaned and pressed.  The laundry goes through a hot soup process and I would never put anything other than casual day wear in this process.  

I wear inexpensive day dresses, not meant for hot water and they faded.  Not the crews fault, mine for forgetting the "hot soup" processing, lol! Food for thought.

You can also do more than one bag, just ask for as many as you need, of course there is a charge per bag. 

On 9/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, nimbex1970 said:

It's usually available mid week for a 7 night sail.  As others suggested, ask the steward for the bags any night.  There could be a 2 day turn around, so ask and plan ahead.

Also note the items it specifies that are included.  For example, you would want your dress shirt cleaned and pressed.  The laundry goes through a hot soup process and I would never put anything other than casual day wear in this process.  

I wear inexpensive day dresses, not meant for hot water and they faded.  Not the crews fault, mine for forgetting the "hot soup" processing, lol! Food for thought.

You can also do more than one bag, just ask for as many as you need, of course there is a charge per bag. 

Already warned her about the hot soup! 

• Like 1