Symphony of Seas Coastal Kitchen

trihawks1

We just upgraded to a Grand Suite on Symphony.  First time we will be enjoying Coastal Kitchen. Questions: 1 - what is the dress code for dinner time?  Are shorts and capris for breakfast and lunch okay?  

2 - how do I make reservations for dinner as it does not let me do so right now (cruising in December 2023)…I wasn’t sure if concierge will email a week before cruise and can reserve at that time OR wait until we board the ship?

3 - any special dishes you enjoyed for dinner that we should order?

thanks!

1- For breakfast and lunch, no issues with dress code.  Some dinners you might feel a little underdressed, so that will be based on your comfort level.

2- The concierge will email you a week out and feel free to request your dining reservations if you want.  Depending on your itinerary and if you have sometime specific in mind for certain days, it might be helpful to get that done ahead of time.  I have a sheet that accounts for all possible Star/Sky suites at capacity and Symphony has one of the highest possible guest counts.  I'm not saying it will be this full, it is just possible.

image.png.92ac98bb383d0bb6e5079c0f6c0d46af.png

3- The Seafood Volute usually is pretty good.

• Like 1

Wow thanks for quick replies.  We use to dress up especially on formal nights…now my husband wonders if khaki slacks and polo shirt at dinner would be okay for Coastal Kitchen. Husband recently retired early and we prefer to be relaxed dressers now lol.  I tend to dress in black slacks with nice tops.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trihawks1 said:

Wow thanks for quick replies.  We use to dress up especially on formal nights…now my husband wonders if khaki slacks and polo shirt at dinner would be okay for Coastal Kitchen. Husband recently retired early and we prefer to be relaxed dressers now lol.  I tend to dress in black slacks with nice tops.

Yes that is more than fine 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, trihawks1 said:

Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable.  I have found that men can wear dress shorts and golf shirt to dinner, also.  I think slacks are more appropriate for formal night, but on the first night and port nights you will see men in shorts at dinner.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trihawks1 said:

We just upgraded to a Grand Suite on Symphony.  First time we will be enjoying Coastal Kitchen. 

2 - how do I make reservations for dinner as it does not let me do so right now (cruising in December 2023)…I wasn’t sure if concierge will email a week before cruise and can reserve at that time OR wait until we board the ship?

3 - any special dishes you enjoyed for dinner that we should order?

thanks!

You can request your dinner reservations from the concierge once you get your welcome letter.  If you wait to do it once you are on board you may have limited times.

Our favorite dinners are the filet on day 1 and the tomahawk pork chop on day 7.  Most dishes are very good at Coastal Kitchen. 

• Like 1

My favorites at CK...

Breakfast: Chorizo and Egg Flatbread...it's like eating pizza in the morning...ordered extra crispy.

Lunch: Sticky Pineapple & Rum BBQRibs...finger lickin' good.

Cheese Tortellini...simple but exquisitely laced with truffle oil.

Dinner: Hamachi Crudo (appetizer)...buttery, thin-sliced, yellowtail fish sashimi...sublime.

Saffron Linguini

Ribeye

Filet

Seared Scallops

Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb

* Happy sailing. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trihawks1 said:

On our last Oasis cruise I found the CK attire becoming more and more relaxed as the week progressed. Nice shorts and a t-shirt was perfectly fine.  We ate every single meal in there and everything we had was great.....and never any lines to deal with. Never had an empty wine or beer glass in front of me which was awesome. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Lunch: Sticky Pineapple & Rum BBQRibs

One of the best things I’ve had on a ship.

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Nice shorts and a t-shirt was perfectly fine.

Same experience for us on Wonder in June.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

First night  FILET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprisingly Chicken noodle soup from the kids menu.

Oh, yes! You're speaking my language. I think I almost prefer night 1 Coastal Kitchen filet over paying an arm and a leg at Chops. Yeah, no question about that! 😄

For me, though, the soup is the French onion. That soup is like what they used to serve in Chops and it's so good, much better than the waterier version in the MDR from my experiences. Sadly, I just can't eat anywhere near as much as I used to, so it's either the filet or the soup these days.

Oh, and on our last cruise with friends, one of our friends is a real meat lover, and she really enjoys dinner at Chops. Our last cruise together had us in a GS and they in the JS next door. It was nice that we could have dinner together at CK. The maïtre d', bless his heart, made sure that she could have filet every night. 🥰

Edited by Daghis
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 7:56 PM, Daghis said:

Oh, yes! You're speaking my language. I think I almost prefer night 1 Coastal Kitchen filet over paying an arm and a leg at Chops. Yeah, no question about that! 😄

For me, though, the soup is the French onion. That soup is like what they used to serve in Chops and it's so good, much better than the waterier version in the MDR from my experiences. Sadly, I just can't eat anywhere near as much as I used to, so it's either the filet or the soup these days.

Oh, and on our last cruise with friends, one of our friends is a real meat lover, and she really enjoys dinner at Chops. Our last cruise together had us in a GS and they in the JS next door. It was nice that we could have dinner together at CK. The maïtre d', bless his heart, made sure that she could have filet every night. 🥰

Daghis - Do recall the hours that the Coastal Kitchen is open in particular the hours for dinner? Thanks in advance.

CaptainR

2 minutes ago, CaptainR said:

Daghis - Do recall the hours that the Coastal Kitchen is open in particular the hours for dinner? Thanks in advance.

CaptainR

You can find this info in the app but it should be roughly 5-9pm or something close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1