Hideaway Beach at Perfect Day

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm sad. I wanted to book when I read 43.99. I guess I waited too long. .. until the email came.

74.99 harmony out of Galveston is too much for fancy pizza I agree. 😞

Don't be sad. CocoCay is just fine as-is. You'll find another way to spend the $43.99.

• Like 4

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Don't be sad. CocoCay is just fine as-is. You'll find another way to spend the $43.99.

Yea I am surprised no extra food offering except pizza. I can do the snack shack already for free.

Giovanni it is if I want pizza. ..dont care if its jerk chicken pizza. Its chicken and pizza. I've had their jerk pork and found it dry onboard. Wish I'd looked earlier. Before the price jumped.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

This suggests to me that they're going to sell a lot of day passes. I'd be interested in knowing what the capacity will be and whether there will be enough lounge chairs to go around. I've booked this for now, but I really don't want to have to race off the ship to make sure we get lounge chairs and an umbrella.

The webcast earlier said a capacity of 1500-2000

• Like 1

This is totally not what I expected. I never expected a fee either. I just thought it would be a beach area for adults only. More spa/zen like. But then my next cruise is with HA. 😆 

If it gets more people away from the free beach areas that’s fine by mean. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The webcast earlier said a capacity of 1500-2000

Wow. I'll wait for the early reports (I'm booked on the fourth sailing), but that is a bigger number than I was expecting. Hard to believe the passes would sell out with that kind of capacity.

• Like 1

I only see for one of our 2024 cruises 

$234.24 final price for 3 inc all taxes at checkout 

I can get decent pizza at Wolfgang Puck for a little cheaper 😉 and Giovanni’s kitchen 🇮🇹 

No doubt though we will do once, to cross off the “done it list” 

The 4 others nothing in planner 

Still going to be interesting if there are any plans for Star/Sky class inclusivity 

(To Old Beach Club) because of the kid factor 

Beach club = Suite Club, been saying for past year 

Sell it like labadee Suites and then first come first served 

18 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I only see for one of our 2024 cruises 

$234.24 final price for 3 inc all taxes at checkout 

I can get decent pizza at Wolfgang Puck for a little cheaper 😉 and Giovanni’s kitchen 🇮🇹 

No doubt though we will do once, to cross off the “done it list” 

The 4 others nothing in planner 

Still going to be interesting if there are any plans for Star/Sky class inclusivity 

(To Old Beach Club) because of the kid factor 

Beach club = Suite Club, been saying for past year 

Sell it like labadee Suites and then first come first served 

I don't see it happening; for every spot they give to a suite occupant, that is $300 (or more) in proven revenue lost.

What interests me from this list:  

- above-water hammocks 

- pizza, though I have really enjoyed the food at the two big Coco Cay buffets 

- the cabanas right there on the long pool 

What turns me off: 

- the beach itself looks rather inferior and small 

- any cost at all -- honestly, I know my "worth it meter" is set lower than other people's, but the max price I'd be willing to pay for this experience is about $20 -- MAYBE I'd go $25 

- 1500-2000 people in this small area?  

- most of all, the idea of a DJ and loud music -- if I want music, I'll use my headphones /cater to my own taste 

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

I had to "LOL" at Luxury. Not sure what's luxurious about Coco Beach Club.  

Methinks they meant "exclusive" as in "everyone won't get in" rather than "luxurious".  A whole lot of cruisers aren't happy with the basics -- a whole lot of people "need" to feel they've had something extra, or their vacation wasn't enough.  

2 hours ago, colesc15 said:

The new swim up bar and dj area looks awesome. An upgraded version of oasis lagoon I feel. Booked it on 3 cruises before the day pass increases like beach club did

I also just booked it for 2 of my upcoming cruises - Feb 2024 Allure and Nov 2024 Oasis.  Canceled the Beach Club cabanas.  We’ll have seniors with us who love to watch the crowds, yet need a place to lounge if necessary.  I booked the Hideout cabanas so hopefully it’s a compromise between action and “peace”.  My mom’s gonna LOVE this 🥰

Positive:  No screaming kids.  

Negative:  Loud party atmosphere, with "adults" acting like kids. 

There is still no quiet area any longer to enjoy on the now over theme parked out island.  

Joni knew what she was doing singing "Paved Paradise...put up a parking lot". 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Joni knew what she was doing singing "Paved Paradise...put up a parking lot

All they need now to complete the lyric is a big hotel, a boutique, and a swinging hot spot. Oh wait…they are adding that last one already😇

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Just checked my Planner and it lists the Hideaway Beach Day Pass at $52.99.  Is that a good price?

The prices are all over the place depending on ship and sail date. It's $89 for the Icon inaugural, it's $43.99 for my next 3 Wonder cruises, someone posted prices under $40, etc.

3 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

If you book it and then the Boys (20 and 24) don't like the idea... can u easily cancel the day pass?

Yes just go into your planner history and click on cancel. Dont call. They are very confused. 

I do almost get the idea this is meant as a party spot. The TA who posted it said they kept calling it a party. Us older adults seem to be the ones not happy with the idea of a party and a DJ. I dont want a DJ.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happytime22 said:

This might sound like a dumb question but...

If u have the Refreshment Package... can you just pay only for the alcohol to be added the one or two times you might want it to your mocktail?

You can order and pay for a shot of rum or whatever and add it yourself but not sure they can "upgrade" your mocktail to a cocktail.

• Like 1