what can I bring on the ship at check in

karena1

I have done a ton of searches on Princess website but cannot find the answer to my question. I know I can bring 2 bottles of champagne since i am with my husband.  But we also want to bring diet soda.  Is it cans only?  Can I bring 16.9 oz bottles?  Trying to figure out what to buy so he has enough Diet Ginger and I have some Sprite Zero or Fresca.  Thanks.

1 x 750ml wine or champagne per adult per adult without corkage for use in your cabin. Additional bottles may be brought on board and are subject to a $20 corkage fee per bottle.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.
Edited by skynight
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, skynight said:

1 x 750ml wine or champagne per adult per adult without corkage for use in your cabin. Additional bottles may be brought on board and are subject to a $20 corkage fee per bottle.

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Okay , perfect that is what I thought.  So will get him some Diet Ginger in cans and then take like 4 Frescas for me, so that we don't have more than 12 total. 

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

I have done a ton of searches on Princess website but cannot find the answer to my question. I know I can bring 2 bottles of champagne since i am with my husband.  But we also want to bring diet soda.  Is it cans only?  Can I bring 16.9 oz bottles?  Trying to figure out what to buy so he has enough Diet Ginger and I have some Sprite Zero or Fresca.  Thanks.

Skylight gave you the language on the site, but personal experience tells me you can bring more soda than that if you want.  I haven't tried bottled water, but doubt they would stop you.  I have brought 3 12 packs without issue.  The security people nor Princess people care.

Edited by kywildcatfanone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

And yes, I have brought 1ltr bottles of Dr. Pepper onboard at several ports.

Yep, was about to mention, you can get stuff in ports and bring on.  The crew doesn't care, so if you don't have enough at embarkation, you can get more at stops should you need it.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, karena1 said:

Okay , perfect that is what I thought.  So will get him some Diet Ginger in cans and then take like 4 Frescas for me, so that we don't have more than 12 total. 

It is 12 per person, not 12 per cabin. Also, it has been possible to carry on additional non-alcoholic beverages at ports of call.

Edited by skynight

On 9/18/2023 at 10:03 AM, karena1 said:

It's 12 per person, if you want to carry that much!

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

You can pre-order 12 pack of small water bottles for around $7.00 per pack.  I normally order 2 packs per each week of the cruise.  Yes, it's a small bit more than Walmart but I don't have to bring it. Many times they just deliver one pack at a time and I call room service to get the next one when needed.  That may change I'll see on my next cruise.