Sushi on Odyssey starting tonight

LMB01

We are on the Odyssey’s last 14 day Alaska cruise of the season.  Tonight is the first night of sushi in the club.  We were lucky enough to place our order first and be served first! Menu and picture below
IMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.74e85f7c25f32d7db09cc306152a00f8.jpegIMG_0748.thumb.jpeg.043f828a4610450eaf1f69766f759768.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LMB01 said:

We were lucky enough to place our order first and be served first! Menu and picture below

Wow!!!  Thanks for the news alert; I am very excited by this development. What are the hours?

Edited by johng75370

That’s great. Looking forward to enjoying this innovation in a few months. It’s a great alternative.

Can you comment on what it was like?

When on Odyssey earlier this year sushi was prepared three or four times for deck activities and it was very disappointing. The rice was complete mulch each time - so not just a poor batch. I will eat anything and hate waste, but the texture had me leaving it on the plate.

Hoping the quality control has improved.

Thanks for this great news! 

Not only will this be a wonderful addition to the pre-dinner scene, but it will take the pressure off of the usually packed Observation Lounge and make it easier to get seated there before dinner for a drink.

Do you know if they will be serving hot sake in the Club along with the sushi?

Thanks for sharing - looks great!

Is Sushi in the Club only in the evening?  We always enjoy lunch in Sushi on Ovation where, like Encore, there is a dedicated Sushi restaurant space.  Lunchtime was a different menu - mostly bento boxes or ramen - but always a pleasant change from the Patio or Colonnade. 

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this topic.

Hours are nightly 6pm to 9pm.  They do have saki drinks - I think I have a picture of that menu - see below.

We have been 3 times.  The second night was unbelievable - 280 guests, most of whom go to the Observation bar.  Sushi team was able to keep up but the bar was a bit overwhelmed - the bar manager did a great job stepping in and basically handling the service well - you can tell he has a great deal of experience as a bartender.

Being brand new, there have only been a few hiccups but none worth mentioning.  Seems most people are treating it as a pre-dinner appetizer but not us - we make a meal out of it!  We are generally not crazy about Seabourn’s food so this is a great addition for us.

We are on the full 14 day Vancouver to Vancouver but it is actually made up of 2 7-day cruises.  Tomorrow in Juneau, 225 passengers will disembark and another 225 will get on.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the sushi demand then.

IMG_0751.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:10 AM, CruiserfaeFife said:

Thanks @nancygp  - on Quest next August so I was hopeful, but we won’t starve 😀

Do not worry - we had this same Sushi bar every night 6PM-9PM in The Club on Quest (Montreal-NYC Sept 30-Oct 12).  Chef Christophe said on the Galley Tour that Quest and Odyssey were the first two ships to get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are very excited to hear this great news! I am, however, curious about provisioning. Perhaps on a cruise which begins with several sea days, sushi in the club is best enjoyed on the front end. 

And I apologize if this sends us down another path, but we’re doing our first crossing in the spring. What about sushi and provisioning in general on a crossing? How does that work?

18 minutes ago, BeNice ToEveryone said:

We are very excited to hear this great news! I am, however, curious about provisioning. Perhaps on a cruise which begins with several sea days, sushi in the club is best enjoyed on the front end. 

And I apologize if this sends us down another path, but we’re doing our first crossing in the spring. What about sushi and provisioning in general on a crossing? How does that work?

Oh, I am with you - nothing worse than “old” sushi!  They launched sushi on the 2nd night of our 14 day cruise and we ate there many times and did not notice a change in quality except occasionally the seaweed wrap in the rolls.  We were in Alaska so I assume they had no problem getting Salmon but not sure about the other fresh fish.

We will be on the Quest in 3 weeks; I will try to remember to ask the F&B manager about this.

37 minutes ago, LMB01 said:

We were in Alaska so I assume they had no problem getting Salmon

When on Odyssey last week I asked if the salmon for Sushi in the Club was fresh/local from Alaska - was told it was from Norway!

Edited by johng75370
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, LMB01 said:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this topic.

Hours are nightly 6pm to 9pm.  They do have saki drinks - I think I have a picture of that menu - see below.

We have been 3 times.  The second night was unbelievable - 280 guests, most of whom go to the Observation bar.  Sushi team was able to keep up but the bar was a bit overwhelmed - the bar manager did a great job stepping in and basically handling the service well - you can tell he has a great deal of experience as a bartender.

Being brand new, there have only been a few hiccups but none worth mentioning.  Seems most people are treating it as a pre-dinner appetizer but not us - we make a meal out of it!  We are generally not crazy about Seabourn’s food so this is a great addition for us.

We are on the full 14 day Vancouver to Vancouver but it is actually made up of 2 7-day cruises.  Tomorrow in Juneau, 225 passengers will disembark and another 225 will get on.  It will be interesting to see what happens to the sushi demand then.

IMG_0751.png

Thank you for posting this. Might you have the sushi menu portion too?

16 hours ago, topkatz said:

If you open the Seabourn App, log-in and look at the "Gourmet Dining", click on "View More".

Under Lounges, select "The Club". Click on "Club Menu". Scroll down past the cocktails for the Sushi offerings.

HTH

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

In the club did they redo and put in dining tables?

I don’t think so. If I understand it correctly now, sushi is available as a snack in the club as opposed to being a dedicated restaurant on Quest. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have multiple rolls and call it dinner, which I expect we will do a couple times.

16 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

I don’t think so. If I understand it correctly now, sushi is available as a snack in the club as opposed to being a dedicated restaurant on Quest. That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have multiple rolls and call it dinner, which I expect we will do a couple times.

Thanks for the quick reply.

21 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have multiple rolls and call it dinner, which I expect we will do a couple times.

Very true and as long as they have the resources we will also use that sometimes. I hope you enjoy your next cruise.