Try to follow me and uncunfuse me🤪

Without getting into the ugly details, my passport has my married name. We divorced 3 yrs ago so my DL has my Maiden name ( had it changed after divorce). Haven't cruised again so didn't update passport. Fast forward we're happily  back together and eventually plan to remarry so I'm not paying to change passport now and then have to do it again later. We're cruising on Freedom in August( almost identical cruise to the one we got married on in August 06' ). Is it OK to just use my DL for this one? It's closed loop. I've just always used my passport but as I told him, haha it's cheaper to do a county wedding than change my passport twice🤣

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

With a birth certificate, yes. Though, you can still use the passport as well - fix the name on booking. 

Ugg yes I meant BC not DL. But thanks. I still have a fee years left on my passport because I had just renewed it before things played out like they did. So I don't want to change it if I don't have to.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Book your sailings with the name in the passport. 

It's already booked for August. As long as I can use my BC I'm good. Thank you for your help! Cruise #11 here I come... in 10 more LONG months haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Ugg yes I meant BC not DL. But thanks. I still have a fee years left on my passport because I had just renewed it before things played out like they did. So I don't want to change it if I don't have to.

Simply change your name on the booking with royal to match the name on your passport.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RCI doesn't care whether or not you are married or if you share your husband's surname. All they care is that the name on your passport matches the name on your booking. Don't worry about your DL and the name on it. Just make sure the name on your booking matches the name on your passport. Bring your passport with you and show it at check-in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

RCI doesn't care whether or not you are married or if you share your husband's surname. All they care is that the name on your passport matches the name on your booking. Don't worry about your DL and the name on it. Just make sure the name on your booking matches the name on your passport. Bring your passport with you and show it at check-in.

Would also need a photo ID (e.g., passport) that matches booking name (SeaPass) to show when reboarding at some ports.

Just make sure if you use your passport, that you get your correct c/a points ifyour c/a number is in your maiden name.  Years ago, my twins c/a numbers were reversed, which resulted in having 2 different c/a numbers that had to get merged.

• Like 1

You don't say where the cruise is going (Unless I missed it). The only problem I see not taking the passport is if, by chance, you get left at a foreign port for any reason you would need that passport to get out or at least access to the US Embassy in that country, if there is one. That is what my TA told me once when I had a similar question.

On 10/1/2023 at 5:55 PM, toxicfairy said:

It's already booked for August. As long as I can use my BC I'm good. Thank you for your help! Cruise #11 here I come... in 10 more LONG months haha.

You're making this a lot harder than it is. Forget your BC. Change the name on your booking to passport name. That's the end of it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:55 PM, toxicfairy said:

Even with a Birth Certificate, you still need a government-issued photo ID.  I believe you said that your DL has your maiden name on it.  So, you should be good with that.  However, if there is a need to fly back to the U.S. because of an emergency, it could get complicated.    

23 hours ago, fweegy said:

You don't say where the cruise is going (Unless I missed it). The only problem I see not taking the passport is if, by chance, you get left at a foreign port for any reason you would need that passport to get out or at least access to the US Embassy in that country, if there is one. That is what my TA told me once when I had a similar question.

You do not need a passport to access a US Embassy or Consulate.  Any type of picture ID will do and the embassy or consulate can determine very quickly whether or not you're a US citizen.

4 hours ago, crazyank said:

You do not need a passport to access a US Embassy or Consulate.  Any type of picture ID will do and the embassy or consulate can determine very quickly whether or not you're a US citizen.

Very true, but you do need to have an actual US Embassy be in that country you're in. Not every country has a physical embassy in it. That was my point. And after saying that I checked and I was wrong, so I will go back to keeping my mouth shut and fingers idle.

Edited by fweegy
Mis-spoke