Harmony OTS - Chops, Jaime's or 150 Central Park for a special dinner?

rsdroid

Hi all.

Getting back on a cruise for the first time since Feb, 2020 and will have a special person in my life coming with me for their first cruise. I want to treat us to dinner at one of the specialty restaurants one night and we both love steak. However I'm reading that the filet at Chops is not as good as it used to be. We are on Harmony, so there is no Giovanni's table. Should I stick with Chops like I originally planned or go with 150 Central Park or Jaime's?

Thanks in advance!

We've been over Chops for quite a few years now.  Overpriced and just not that great.  We have eaten in Jamie's on Harmony and enjoyed it a lot.  Going back in November.  We haven't done 150 but it is definitely a more formal atmosphere than Jamie's if that helps make your decision.  Have a great time.

I like the atmosphere of chops.

Never been a fan of the food in 150. 

The food at Jamie's is ok. I find it un-fancy. almost too casual for the price. imo.

I personally don't feel that any food has been fantastic.

It's all good in a way that it's been served thousands and thousands of times. 

If you're lucky to get a good piece of steak, it's fine. 

A glass of wine, a shrimp cocktail, wedge salad, filet, a side & dessert, I'd choose Chops.

They make a good chicken as well.

We sailed on Harmony for our 20th and 25th anniversaries, and we chose 150 Central Park for our anniversary dinner both times. We enjoy the food and the ambiance there, as well as their signature martini which they prepare tableside. I'm not a big fan of Chops these days, and I agree with the PP who said that Jamie's doesn't feel very special (although I like their food).

I'm on harmony b2b2b and plan on doing izumi night 1 bogo and night 2 150. 

Izumi is cheaper, so I'd rather pay for izumi than 150.

Going to give the lobster thermidor another try. Sure loved the pull apart buttery garlicky bread. 

Havent yet found a preferred dessert at 150. .. but I'd pick 150 just for the service and food seems to be more what I ordered without mistakes. .. and I like lobster.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Havent yet found a preferred dessert at 150. .. but I'd pick 150 just for the service and food seems to be more what I ordered without mistakes. .. and I like lobster.

I ordered the peanut butter chocolate tart, but I didn't care for it. I thought the sorbet and the tart were an odd combo. DH ordered the fried cheesecake, which is what our server recommended. I didn't expect to like it, but I was surprised! It's not nearly as heavy as it sounds.

• Like 1

We  have been to all three several times. 150 seems to have a more upscale ambiance and the food is wonderful. Cucumber Martini is my wifes favorite cocktail, although on her second one she asks for a touch of Saint Germaines.  That being said on our last visit to Chop's we ate outside and thought is was a much slower and relaxed experience. I would put Jamies as my third choice.