Apex due in Israel tomorrow

Mark_UK

Apex is due in Haifa tomorrow and according to Vessel Finder is still en route. With all the violence that's gone on there today I wonder if she will cancel the three scheduled stops this week?

Some of you may have seen from the stolen passport post that I'm due to do the same trip next cruise so am keeping a close eye! 

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Capsoni said:

Nieuw Statendam from HAL is in Haifa at the moment... may be they leave earlier..

new_statendam.jpg

as war has just been declared ships will want to move away asap.....problem is if people are on land doing there own thing its getting the communication to them

• Like 5

Aloha. Having been blessed to travel the region, it has always been said there is never a good time to travel there. As we are witnessing now the situation can change at a moments notice.  I know one ship from another line has already wisely cancelled its visit. We would be there now but changed our plans for unrelated reasons. Let us pray for everyone to be safe 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

as war has just been declared ships will want to move away asap.....problem is if people are on land doing there own thing its getting the communication to them

When we were in Ashdod in May when conflicts had arisen, the ship made sure that they had the contact information for all pax not on ship shore excursions so that, if needed, they could be contacted.

• Like 3

Wow, 

Have a friend that been in Ashdod this week for a family  wedding and is supposed to leaving today 

He hasnt message about any troubles all week , just weather is great , and everything is fine

just sent a message to find out what’s happening ,

Just got this 

“Unfortunately, not they had no consideration for are sleeping pattern. They started bombing around us at 6 AM and we all been sitting in shelters on and off for the last six hours.”
We have lost our flight Unfortunately, we couldn’t get into the car to get to the airport.

• Like 5

Was Haifa first port of call? We were on this same cruise one week ago. Ashdod was the first port, then Haifa. Have they already rerouted as Haifa is further north? As Tel Aviv has already come under attack I can’t see Haifa being any safer. 

7 minutes ago, marco491 said:

Was Haifa first port of call? We were on this same cruise one week ago. Ashdod was the first port, then Haifa. Have they already rerouted as Haifa is further north? As Tel Aviv has already come under attack I can’t see Haifa being any safer. 

We’re on the cruise currently. Haifa is the first port (has always been the first). No word as of yet as to what the ship will be doing.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Looking at Marine traffic she appears to be turning slightly - perhaps heading to Limassol?

No idea really but would be stunned if they went to Israel. What a shame.

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem .....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, dcbiker97 said:

We’re on the cruise currently. Haifa is the first port (has always been the first). No word as of yet as to what the ship will be doing.  

Thoughts with everyone. I am sure that they will make a sensible, informed decision. To be honest, even if they docked would anyone want to get off? What is the mood onboard if you don't mind me asking

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thoughts with everyone. I am sure that they will make a sensible, informed decision. To be honest, even if they docked would anyone want to get off? What is the mood onboard if you don't mind me asking

Can’t comment on the mood as I’ve been up in the Retreat all day.  I have no doubt Celebrity will make the best decision it can.  

• Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Wow, 

Have a friend that been in Ashdod this week for a family  wedding and is supposed to leaving today 

He hasnt message about any troubles all week , just weather is great , and everything is fine

just sent a message to find out what’s happening ,

Just got this 

“Unfortunately, not they had no consideration for are sleeping pattern. They started bombing around us at 6 AM and we all been sitting in shelters on and off for the last six hours.”
We have lost our flight Unfortunately, we couldn’t get into the car to get to the airport.

Our best to your friends!  This was a sudden and totally unexpected attack.  Based upon the national news reports this morning, Israeli intelligence dropped the ball big time.  Please keep us updated.

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Looking at Marine traffic she appears to be turning slightly - perhaps heading to Limassol?

No idea really but would be stunned if they went to Israel. What a shame.

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem .....

There is no "turning slightly"... just straight ahead to Haifa with 16kn

apex1.jpg