VISTA

LHT28

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

We  did not have  a Captain's welcome party on this sailing 

Tonight leaving NYC there is  a sail away party with free drinks

Lyn

Remind me which sailing you are on.  THX

In May on Vista they opened restaurants at 6:00 but now hearing on Vista it is back to 6:30. Shows have been bumped to 9:15 on Vista as well. No news about other ships current time changes for dining or shows.  
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

Dinner time normally starts at 6:30 as stated above. However, one size doesn’t always fit all, so there are occasional exceptions.

Everyone is guaranteed at least one reservation in each of the Specialty restaurants. On a full ship this can be hard to accomplish on seven (7) day cruises. Therefore, on those short cruises, Oceania will often start at 6:00, which creates additional dining times to accommodate the Guarantee. So if one is on a seven day cruise, or a cruise with a seven day segment, they may see a 6:00 pm start time. Otherwise, typically not.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

There are exceptions.  On Regatta last March, Polo and Toscana opened at 6:00pm, and were listed as opening then in Currents.

yes usually the shorter sailing  we have seen 6pm for the Specialties

So far just  reporting on the current VISTA sailing

a word of warning

It seems the public rooms   are very chilly

many ladies wearing pashminas/wraps in the evening

was in Horizons for bingo & my fingers were so cold  much like the rest of me  BRRR

It was warmer outside  & that was 16 C

DH did not bring his jacket as usual  but  he is freezing  in the dining venues  & bars

Off to sort out our dinner reservation for tonight  🙄

6 minutes ago, Sp429 said:

How does dinner reservations work on the nights we are not booked in specialty ones? 

you go to the GDR, Terrace or Waves Pizzaria  during opening hours  no reservations required

Usually 6:30 to 9PM

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

a word of warning

It seems the public rooms   are very chilly

many ladies wearing pashminas/wraps in the evening

was in Horizons for bingo & my fingers were so cold  much like the rest of me  BRRR

It was warmer outside  & that was 16 C

DH did not bring his jacket as usual  but  he is freezing  in the dining venues  & bars

Off to sort out our dinner reservation for tonight  🙄

I always bring a dress jacket for this purpose. Easy to pack and very convenient and comfortable to have when need demands. Same reason my wife always brings a sweater or wrap. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I always bring a dress jacket for this purpose. Easy to pack and very convenient and comfortable to have when need demands. Same reason my wife always brings a sweater or wrap. 

Exactly. I was freezing (inside) on our Vista TA last month but luckily had sweaters (and gloves). Not sure why the public spaces need to be that cold.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, LHT28 said:

FYI

Changed the O Club bottle of red wine for white wine

same brand is on the bar menu

Opened it  & it was disgusting

They should just not bother giving it  as  a perk if they are going to supply crap

I am not  a wine expert but  it was certainly  yucky 

I've been saying this since I first met the Oceania Club(Cyclo Vides) wine in fall of 2019. The worst 4.99 a bottle wine I've ever tasted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

well home after a long day  travelling

I will do a review sometime  soon when I get caught up on other things

Overall the trip was good  ships is very nice & food was very good with a few not so good

FYI

They have some vinyl type  deck surface  & when wet  if you do not have  good  sneakers or deck shoes  it is very slippery

Went to go from Barristas to Horizons  &  just as we stepped out from under the awning realized it was a light rain  but before  I could turn back  down I went

strained my left ankle & pulled muscles/ligament  in right leg  & knee

The restaurant manager came  to see if I was OK took cabin number  to make report 

So not a good end to the cruise

Moral of the story  take good sneakers 😉

Lyn

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Overall the trip was good  ships is very nice & food was very good with a few not so good

FYI

They have some vinyl type  deck surface  & when wet  if you do not have  good  sneakers or deck shoes  it is very slippery

Went to go from Barristas to Horizons  &  just as we stepped out from under the awning realized it was a light rain  but before  I could turn back  down I went

The restaurant manager came  to see if I was OK took cabin number  to make report 

Lyn

Or…..why would there be a deck coating that is slippery when wet on a ship in the first place? Maybe it’s no more slippery than other decks on ships when wet, but I sure haven’t read much about that, so I truly wonder. Plus, it’s sure not your first sailing…….

I am really sorry that your trip ended this way. I hope you feel better and heal soon. 

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Lyn. So sorry that this happened.  We wish you a fast recovery.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

FYI

Lyn

Great seeing you. Glad you are home safe. Recover. 

6 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Great seeing you. Glad you are home safe. Recover. 

Thanks

Good  seeing you also

even if Mark  beat me at Bingo LOL

Be careful & enjoy the rest of the trip

Lyn

• Like 2