Good places to stay near the NYC Cruise Port

Abbie13best

32 minutes ago, Abbie13best said:

I am looking for a good and reasonably priced place to stay the night before my departure from NYC Manhattan cruise port.

There are hundreds of hotels in Manhattan in all price ranges, and it's easy to get to the cruise terminal from almost anywhere by taxi or Uber so there's no need to stay very close to the port although there are a few hotels within easy walking distance of the pier.

.In order for someone to even begin attempting to answer, you should provide a lot more information, including:

Your budget... what's "reasonably priced" for one person may be too expensive for another.

What date(s) you need the hotel room. Prices can vary widely from one date to another.

What are your plans while in NYC ? Just a place to sleep for one night? Need a base of operations for sightseeing? Something close to any particular type of attraction or restaurant?

I just need a good place to stay for one night.  I am coming in from Baltimore by train and I can come the day of the cruise or the day before.  Would like something under $200 if possible.

Or I can just come by train the day of the cruise -- it leave really early out of Baltimore and I would get in by 9:00 so if I cannot find a place I can afford then I just do that.

54 minutes ago, Abbie13best said:

I just need a good place to stay for one night.  I am coming in from Baltimore by train and I can come the day of the cruise or the day before.  Would like something under $200 if possible.

Or I can just come by train the day of the cruise -- it leave really early out of Baltimore and I would get in by 9:00 so if I cannot find a place I can afford then I just do that.

Under $200 for a decent hotel is a tough order in Manhattan. 

Again, what date do you need the room? Prices can vary greatly depending on the date. 

What you can do is go to any of the hotel search engines like hotels.com, do a search for your date and see what falls into your budget requirements then come back here and ask about the results.

It goes without saying that it's preferable to come in the day before the cruise, but taking an early train from Baltimore on embarkation day will work most of the time.

Exact date and number of beds (and size) is needed for hotel help in NYC.  If you really want to be close to the port, let us know how far "close" is in terms of blocks or walking time. 

There really are hundreds and hundreds of options.  Doing a quick check on Kayak or similar will get you an idea as to what is reasonable.  $200 in October is not reasonable.  $200 in January is very reasonable.  If your plans are for October you may have to increase that budget

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Abbie13best said:

You might want to price Amtrak fares for the day before, and day off, your cruise. Early morning trains (necessary for day of) can be enough more expensive, so the price differential should be considered in making your decision— that $200 cap is a tough one.

On 10/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, navybankerteacher said:

You might want to price Amtrak fares for the day before, and day off, your cruise. Early morning trains (necessary for day of) can be enough more expensive, so the price differential should be considered in making your decision— that $200 cap is a tough one.

I'm doing the same in January (taking the train the morning of the cruise).  I'm coming from DC, so one stop away from OP.  train tickets are $31 each way.  Actually, the really early trains that OP refers to are $20.  I don't want to get in that early, so I booked one of the $31 trains

• 2 months later...