🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Even the girl who did the Whitney Houston song “I will always love you” gave it a valiant effort but fell short. I only want to hear Whitney sing that song.

Well, Dolly Parton also sings that song very well!  (As well she should since she wrote it.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lobster Night in the MDR. Does Size Matter??? 

The Maine Lobster. Slightly bigger than Caribbean Lobster with some more meat but not by much.

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.466d4c7256e716f004aecafc89d9f0c2.jpeg

Hand comparison. It’s small. I could have eaten 2 more easily. Melted butter was lukewarm not good.

My lobster tail on Bella 01, Oasis.  Both are small!  I had two since Jack doesn't eat lobster.

image.thumb.png.01f16e23e35b2bf90f5e9c7782194f80.png

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder what they do with all the claws from those ridiculously small lobsters? That looked barely legal size to be taken from the water.

Lobster bisque, I ordered a lobster one evening for dinner in the MDR and the server brought out a lobster without the claws . So where are the claws ?  He told us they make bisque with the claws . The next evening I had a lobster with all of its appendages intact.

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My lobster tail on Bella 01, Oasis.  Both are small!  I had two since Jack doesn't eat lobster.

image.thumb.png.01f16e23e35b2bf90f5e9c7782194f80.png

On a recent celebrity cruise eating in suite restaurant we were asked how many lobster tails we wanted we both said one . But since it was about the size of a large shrimp we changed our order . 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I will say the two guys that sang that song last night did a good job but I am so partial to the original. I do need to listen to disturbed version. That could be interesting.

Definitely give the Disturbed version a listen. My parents are big S&G fans, so i grew up with them. My tastes now lie towards Disturbed's "traditional" style, but I have a very eclectic taste in music. To be honest Disturbed's version stays fairly true to the original, but improves in many ways, as @jk04 said "Haunting".

I actually saw them in concert in August, and it was even better in concert.

Thanks so much for doing this live! I've been enjoying it immensely!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, Dolly Parton also sings that song very well!  (As well she should since she wrote it.)

Dolly trivia:

She wrote “I Will Always Love You” and “Jolene” ON THE SAME DAY.

Were in the middle of a Perfect Day at CocoCay, but even this doesn’t compare to that day Dolly had.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lobster Night in the MDR. Does Size Matter??? 

Our last night in the MDR as we will go back to Giovanni’s tomorrow night. Of course the draw for tonight was the Maine Lobster but I also wanted to hand out tips to the dining room manager Royal, who helped get us a good table.  Also tips for a great staff Julie and Gabriel. They worked hard, talked to us a lot and were so friendly. 

IMG_3465.thumb.jpeg.088782be86c6c44d649e5ad636e3a574.jpeg

My go to Escargot.

IMG_3466.thumb.jpeg.8dadc2447c05f915546eb927c35e0208.jpeg

The Maine Lobster. Slightly bigger than Caribbean Lobster with some more meat but not by much.

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.466d4c7256e716f004aecafc89d9f0c2.jpeg

Hand comparison. It’s small. I could have eaten 2 more easily. Melted butter was lukewarm not good.

Did the waiter not offer you a second lobster tail?  We've always been fortunate with waiters who bring us more lobster tails without our requesting another.   What a bummer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My view.

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.f5192ba6ee4016be8f660477ddb053ea.jpeg

Breakfast in the MDR. I did find out why the Espressos that have ordered are only Luke warm. The espresso machine is broken so the crew literally has to go to the crew mess and make a espresso and have it brought back. So I decided not to get that. Instead I’m going deep.

IMG_3480.thumb.jpeg.80de973d1098c3f8f00e87b074354966.jpeg

A Spicy Bloody Mary. Good lord help me. It could be a long day.

A strong start to the day 🙂 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Did the waiter not offer you a second lobster tail?  We've always been fortunate with waiters who bring us more lobster tails without our requesting another.   What a bummer.

We were told a second tail would cost us $16.99.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like Dolly's version better.

Since Dolly wrote it, she sings it with deep emotion.

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I got 2 lobster tails since Jack doesn't eat lobster.  They do seem to get smaller and smaller.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

The times, they are a changin.  Not for the better🤔

We really noticed a change in that all the food is smaller portions. Linda’s NY Strip Steak was barely 1/2 inch, pathetic. My chocolate donut at breakfast was even smaller and same with the hash browns.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Since Dolly wrote it, she sings it with deep emotion.

I thought the new rule was one to a customer with an added fee for a 2nd.  I got two because Jack gave me his and ordered a 2nd entree no additional charge.

While we were on our B2B, perhaps it was the first week of our cruise before our Bella cruise began.  We also still had stateroom service 2 times a day on our first week.🤔 But we were definitely offered (and accepted) the 2nd tail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes they do require you finish one before starting the other. I would have liked to have both served at the same . What’s the difference? You are still going to eat both of them. Are they betting you might change your mind after the first entree?

Makes me wonder if this is by ship/staff.  On Quantum in June, I ordered the NY Strip in addition to the Lobster.  My wait staff brought both at the same time.  In fact, several nights they brought me an extra entree without even asking!  Maybe because that cruise only had 250 Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle members total.  I agree the lobster tail entree should be a minimum of 2.  They are tiny.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

Makes me wonder if this is by ship/staff.  On Quantum in June, I ordered the NY Strip in addition to the Lobster.  My wait staff brought both at the same time.  In fact, several nights they brought me an extra entree without even asking!  Maybe because that cruise only had 250 Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle members total.  I agree the lobster tail entree should be a minimum of 2.  They are tiny.

Totally agree. Glad I got the cheese tortellini along with the lobster just wished they could have served at the same time.

• Like 3