🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

Greg - I was out of town the past weekend and missed the tail end of your cruise.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time.  As always, your videos are spectacular.  The drone shots take them to the next level (nudge, nudge, wink, wink 😉).  We should figure out how to add a Cruise Critic Emmy to your list of awards.  Best of luck with your knee!

• Like 11

7 hours ago, perfect match said:

Great video, SeaDog! It most definitely makes me want to book a trip with Captain Tom at Chillout Charters! 

I hope that your knee surgery goes well. It’s on Friday, I think 🤔. You’ve been through having one knee replaced so you already know the drill and how important is is to do your post surgery rehab. By the time you sail on Beyond you’ll be walking pain free and wondering like I was when we went on my “Freedom of the Knees” cruise why it took so long to go ahead and get my replacements done. Yes, that cruise was on Freedom of the Seas 😂 and yes, we had a great cruise! 

Yep Friday is cut down day. Love the Freedom of the. knees reference. I’m going to be working hard on rehab for our Beyond sailing. We have an aft cabin so I need to get used to walking a lot.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really enjoyed this video. Great job!

Thanks OB. The only shot I did not get to put in was your signature feet shot on the beach.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Greg - I was out of town the past weekend and missed the tail end of your cruise.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time.  As always, your videos are spectacular.  The drone shots take them to the next level (nudge, nudge, wink, wink 😉).  We should figure out how to add a Cruise Critic Emmy to your list of awards.  Best of luck with your knee!

Aw shucks thanks Bob. I gotta keep my skills up. Trust me when I say I like shooting video of beautiful beaching than shooting news video  any day of the week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yep Friday is cut down day. Love the Freedom of the. knees reference. I’m going to be working hard on rehab for our Beyond sailing. We have an aft cabin so I need to get used to walking a lot.

Thanks OB. The only shot I did not get to put in was your signature feet shot on the beach.

Aw shucks thanks Bob. I gotta keep my skills up. Trust me when I say I like shooting video of beautiful beaching than shooting news video  any day of the week.

You could always make a video of your knee replacement.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

The closest cruise excursion that I was on close to the one described here was many,many years ago,It was a boat trip to a private Caribbean beach .On the way to the beach all the rum that one could drink was included in the cost of the excursion.It was very good rum ,not watered down.On the beach no beverages were free and on the return to the cruise port there were no free beverages.I do not recall how many rum drinks I had that day but it was a lot.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m going to be working hard on rehab for our Beyond sailing. We have an aft cabin so I need to get used to walking a lot.

Consider walking to that aft cabin on an Edge class ship as a continuing part of your rehab therapy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Consider walking to that aft cabin on an Edge class ship as a continuing part of your rehab therapy.

Even though I loved my balcony on Beyond I will not book a aft suite again too long of a walk to retreat and Luminae, I don’t understand why they just have two elevator banks on those ships , smaller ships have 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Even though I loved my balcony on Beyond I will not book a aft suite again too long of a walk to retreat and Luminae, I don’t understand why they just have two elevator banks on those ships , smaller ships have 3.

I did not know that. I may end up regretting this decision. I just wasn’t sure I would like infinite veranda. I like a traditional balcony. I’d like to visit a room with the IV to see what it’s like.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I did not know that. I may end up regretting this decision. I just wasn’t sure I would like infinite veranda. I like a traditional balcony. I’d like to visit a room with the IV to see what it’s like.

Well you still have time to do more research and still make a cabin switch. You very well may regretting that aft cabin location.

Also consider the way your feet are blowing up. Less walking the better.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

When I read IV  it reminded me that you take something called liquid IV on cruises and somebody pointed out there’s salt in that product.  My husband was instructed to drink a quart of Gatorade a day for two weeks after both knee surgeries.  There must salt in that , too . I’m not qualified to give medical anything but do consult pros .  Hopefully, you’ll have an easier time with your 2nd and last knee .  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

When I read IV  it reminded me that you take something called liquid IV on cruises and somebody pointed out there’s salt in that product.  My husband was instructed to drink a quart of Gatorade a day for two weeks after both knee surgeries.  There must salt in that , too . I’m not qualified to give medical anything but do consult pros .  Hopefully, you’ll have an easier time with your 2nd and last knee .  

I did not use the liquid IV this last cruise and my feet and ankles still blew up. I really think this is related to my blood pressure medicine. I will have my doctor change it before we cruise again.

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Unless you are booked in a suite, you won't have access to Luminae or the Retreat. Sounds like you are in a Sunset balcony. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I did not use the liquid IV this last cruise and my feet and ankles still blew up. I really think this is related to my blood pressure medicine. I will have my doctor change it before we cruise again.

I have not heard of the device delivered to you today . My SIL had some medical device strapped to her knee that exercised her knee . Is that it ? We own a Cubii and never use it . That’s the bike with only the pedals . 

• Like 1

@Sea Dog Seems people either love infinite verandas or hate them on the Edge Class ships.  I personally do like them.  Having had one Mohs surgery I don’t want to be out in the sun.  Having a floor to ceiling glass view of the ocean is wonderful.  It is certainly NOT a “veranda.”  You might do yourself a favor and book a cabin near the elevators.  There are lots of beautiful areas you can enjoy the ocean view all over the ship.  We will be on Apex in an IV next month.  Is there anything specific I could answer or take a picture of for you?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea Dog Seems people either love infinite verandas or hate them on the Edge Class ships.  I personally do like them.  Having had one Mohs surgery I don’t want to be out in the sun.  Having a floor to ceiling glass view of the ocean is wonderful.  It is certainly NOT a “veranda.”  You might do yourself a favor and book a cabin near the elevators.  There are lots of beautiful areas you can enjoy the ocean view all over the ship.  We will be on Apex in an IV next month.  Is there anything specific I could answer or take a picture of for you?

I would like to see some pictures if you get a chance of that category cabin?

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Unless you are booked in a suite, you won't have access to Luminae or the Retreat. Sounds like you are in a Sunset balcony. 

I did not know that  still trying to get all their dining options figured out.

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Thank you I will let you know. We had an aft on Liberty and loved it. Now while Beyond is a much larger ship. I am hoping the walk will not be that bad. It will be a good test for my new knee.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

IMG_2896.jpeg

IMG_2890.jpeg

IMG_2894.jpeg

IMG_2893.jpeg

IMG_2892.jpeg

So does that top portion glass open up for fresh air or does that glass not open at all?

I see what looks like bi-fold doors, I assume you push in the balcony chairs toward the glass and close the bifold  doors? so there is no curtain to keep the light out?

How does that large window affect the cooling of the cabin, seems it would make it hard to keep the cabin cool.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So does that top portion glass open up for fresh air or does that glass not open at all?

Yes, if you notice on the wall to the left there are switches.  The top half of the glass lowers by pressing a button…there is also a shade you can enable to cover the glass partially or completely.  And all this can be done by the app on your phone as well.  In addition to controlling the lights, temp, etc.  Forgot to add that when the glass is lowered the AC in the cabin cuts off.  For me I consider it a full length glass oceanview cabin.  We rarely lower the glass.

While I prefer a real balcony on the Solstice Class, there are so many great things about the Edge Class that I just enjoy the larger cabin and king bed, the four MDRs, Eden, the Rooftop Garden, the Sunset Bar, and content myself with alternating cruises between the Classes to enjoy them both.

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Switch to my cruise on March 11th, and I'll let you see my IV room, Greg!😉  Jennifer and Dave, as well as Nikkki and Graham are on this cruise, also!

• Like 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

Switch to my cruise on March 11th, and I'll let you see my IV room, Greg!😉  Jennifer and Dave, as well as Nikkki and Graham are on this cruise, also!

Will do thanks. You guys will have a blast.

• Like 1

Greg, thank you for a great review!  I am going on Adventure in December and your review really helped me out!  I’m a bit worried about the “My Time Dining.”  We are traveling with in-laws two had never cruised and two had cruised once.  It will be a circus 😳😉
thanks again!  Good luck on Friday with surgery 

Gabrielle 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, if you notice on the wall to the left there are switches.  The top half of the glass lowers by pressing a button…there is also a shade you can enable to cover the glass partially or completely.  And all this can be done by the app on your phone as well.  In addition to controlling the lights, temp, etc.  Forgot to add that when the glass is lowered the AC in the cabin cuts off.  For me I consider it a full length glass oceanview cabin.  We rarely lower the glass.

While I prefer a real balcony on the Solstice Class, there are so many great things about the Edge Class that I just enjoy the larger cabin and king bed, the four MDRs, Eden, the Rooftop Garden, the Sunset Bar, and content myself with alternating cruises between the Classes to enjoy them both.

Sounds nice, might be time for cruise line change. 🙂