New Elite benefit

cbfb

57 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

What reduced?  The email states the 5-7 elite happy hour still exists at the participating bars

Why wouldn't the email be sent to Elites and above?

I received the email and I am Elite Plus.

Since we can now get drinks at any other bars I wonder how many will use this new benefit. Years ago it was only at the designated lounge and you were not supposed to take drinks out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

it was not about the drinks at the beginning but was a nice gathering of frequent cruisers..

Seems now its  more abt the drinks

My observation it was both.

Edited by fenton04
Grammer

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

What reduced?  The email states the 5-7 elite happy hour still exists at the participating bars

Why wouldn't the email be sent to Elites and above?

I received the Email on Wednesday 25 October. 

43 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

At these events would those without any drink package be able to order some drinks off the classic drink package menu?

No. Those without one of the BPs would have to order from the limited CC HH beverage menu or take a drink that is on the try offered by the server. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I received the email and I am Elite Plus.

Since we can now get drinks at any other bars I wonder how many will use this new benefit. Years ago it was only at the designated lounge and you were not supposed to take drinks out. 

We'll attend the CC HH at whatever lounge will be designated. 

Edited by doghog

5 hours ago, hcat said:

wow.. wonder how they  must feel about  Suite guests.. In all our cruising years, we  never saw any Elites   mention or flaunt status, esp now

Feelings  of insecurity for sure! They are free to go elsewhere!

We did several years ago. Some woman was proclaiming loudly that she was an Elite at embarkation and deserved special treatment. Unfortunately she had clearly never embarked on a Celebrity ship (or maybe any ship). I wish I could remember the specifics but I can't.

3 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We did several years ago. Some woman was proclaiming loudly that she was an Elite at embarkation and deserved special treatment. Unfortunately she had clearly never embarked on a Celebrity ship (or maybe any ship). I wish I could remember the specifics but I can't.

We sat next to a loud mouth on our recent October Eclipse cruise in the embarkation center who was PO that Elite + were able to board before him because he was a CAS Diamond member. I couldn't contain myself and laughed out loud. 

8 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

maybe she was Elite in a parallel universe!

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

That makes no sense.

1. They’ve added a private event without taking away the freedom to enjoy Elite Happy Hour wherever you like.

2. The only audience for this announcement is those who are eligible to attend.

No, they didn't add it; they reinstated the existing one in a reduced capacity.

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Valid.  I never experienced that event and it reportedly went away before the pandemic

It’s a little surprising to think it hasn’t existed for years even though the pandemic feels like yesterday sometimes.

I rarely went back in the day and like having Happy Hour drinks at any bar much better. To me it was a big improvement when I was given more choices.

"We are all equal but some of us are more equal than others."  Oh the pain of being called an elitist and being forced to have free drinks and even a special location to mix with other "likeminded" cruisers.

There have been many disparaging posts in the past about frequent cruisers being called Celebrity Elite and getting special treatment.  

It is unfortunate that when any company gives rewards for loyalty to the brand, that there are some who are jealous because they do not get the same perks.

When Celebrity first provided a lounge so that frequent cruisers were able to share their experiences and insight to other itineraries, a bonding took place way beyond the possibilities provided by having a drink at any bar during a slotted time period.

It's not just about the free drinks.  It's about sharing a common cruising obsession with other elites and beyond over a nice glass of your favourite libation.

I am grateful that this former Celebrity experience is once again made possible.

15 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

"We are all equal but some of us are more equal than others."  Oh the pain of being called an elitist and being forced to have free drinks and even a special location to mix with other "likeminded" cruisers.

There have been many disparaging posts in the past about frequent cruisers being called Celebrity Elite and getting special treatment.  

It is unfortunate that when any company gives rewards for loyalty to the brand, that there are some who are jealous because they do not get the same perks.

When Celebrity first provided a lounge so that frequent cruisers were able to share their experiences and insight to other itineraries, a bonding took place way beyond the possibilities provided by having a drink at any bar during a slotted time period.

It's not just about the free drinks.  It's about sharing a common cruising obsession with other elites and beyond over a nice glass of your favourite libation.

I am grateful that this former Celebrity experience is once again made possible.

Exactly!  It was a club-like atmosphere, not too loud, not too quiet, not too formal, not too casual, just perfect to enjoy a company of co-cruisers and an outside ocean view (usually, not too dark either), and, of course, drinks also added to that indulgence feeling (as not a primary reason for such a gathering).  Even writing now about it makes my mind travel and float in warm memories waters.

4 hours ago, kirtihk said:

"What reduced?" - I was writing specifically about the "Daily Elite Cocktail Hour lounge" event (typically, in the Sky lounge, as many already mentioned).

"Why wouldn't..." - it was an irony: new cruisers most likely wouldn't know what Celebrity Elite status cruisers experienced years ago; so, for them it is actually, a new benefit (of course, would be applied when they get to the Elite status or a Royal Caribbean customer with a proper matching status).

The Elite Cocktain Hour was eliminated when sailing resumed post shutdown.  The new announcement is simple restoring partially was already deleted so it did not reduce anything that was existing at the time of the announcement. Rather it partially restored something that had not existed for the last two years. 

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

The Elite Cocktain Hour was eliminated when sailing resumed post shutdown.  The new announcement is simple restoring partially was already deleted so it did not reduce anything that was existing at the time of the announcement. Rather it partially restored something that had not existed for the last two years. 

Yep.  My initial input was regarding the topic of this thread, not wording of a Celebrity distribution email.

Edited by kirtihk