Halloween Cruise planner sale

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I do get 5 free drinks a day but cant envision cancelling a cruise over the price of drinks. Everyone is different so it's always fun to read other points of view.

If we only did one cruise a year, it wouldn't matter.  It's not that we can't afford it, it's simply the principle.  We wouldn't feel good about paying well over $1,000 for drinks every time we go on a cruise.  However, we won't enjoy the cruise as much without the DBP.  Like I said, Royal Caribbean could lower the price of the DBP and still make a huge profit.  In that scenario, everyone wins and we'd likely continue to cruise with Royal Caribbean.

2 hours ago, captainkurt said:

When does the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale usually begin?  

It will begin on the Saturday before Thanksgiving which is the 18th and end on the 28th.

Thanksgiving week cruises will be too late, and they don't get discounted much anyway even if you have one for 2024. You pay a premium for everything for holiday travel. Photo package and internet and some shore excursions are about the most you can hope for.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, captainkurt said:

I'd jump on that price in a heartbeat!  We have two cruises booked on Icon next year and may cancel both as the price for the DBP has not been reduced below $85.99.  I'm not sure how Royal Caribbean wins like that.  They could cut the price in half and still make a profit on most people.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I do get 5 free drinks a day but cant envision cancelling a cruise over the price of drinks. Everyone is different so it's always fun to read other points of view.

I specifically cannot imagine canceling Icon cruises over the drink package price.  That is a unique ship currently pulling in top price, largely because it is new and unique.  If I were considering sailing Icon this year, drink prices would not be the deciding factor. (Principle…well, I could argue Icon seems overpriced in principle so it’s consistent 😉)

OTOH, I could understand comparing prices of drink and internet packages if I was sailing an older ship.  Then one could have a similar experience on a different cruise line 

Edited by Starry Eyes

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Unless it is going to mess up your credit cards or such, if you are seriously considering it I’d suggest going ahead and purchasing; with dynamic pricing one never knows when the sale price for your cruise might go “poof” do lock it in. If you decide against it, you can request a refund (you just have to know the time it takes to get that refund won’t drive you mad or cause bank card issue, etc)

Yeah, went for it. Had some OBC to use anyway.

• Like 1

There was no reason for me to mention the "sale" 
Everything I have booked or still looking at went up this week from last week's sale. Some things only went up a few dollars but a few other things went up $20-$40 pp
That is a huge pass for me 

Edit to add the UDP is $88 pp more than I paid. 

Edited by LilBlackDress

On 10/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, captainkurt said:

When does the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale usually begin?  I've been monitoring beverage prices closely for several months now for our Thanksgiving week cruise.  However, the price for the Deluxe Beverage Package has not been reduced below $75.99 on any sale that I have seen so far.  For us, $1,075+ for beverages on a six night Thanksgiving week cruise is unacceptable.  I'm hoping we'll have another opporutnity to purchase the DBP at a price that makes sense to us prior to our cruise on Nov 19.  My understanding is that any pre-cruise purchases such as the DBP need to occur a minimum of 72 hours prior to the cruise.  In past years, has there been a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that began the week before Thanksgiving week?  We need a 35% off sale to make the DBP work for us.  What are the odds this happens prior to Thanksgiving week?

I think I've seen it as early as Monday on the week of Thanksgiving...  I'm not sure if that will be in time for you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, macusr said:

I've seen two countdown clocks on the website regarding this sale - one says it ends in 30h 31m and another that says it ends in 6h 31m.  I'm specifically interested in the Crown & Anchor dining discounts.

The C&A discounts are part of the cruise planner sale. Most of them are as good as it gets as far as the dining goes. I doubt you will see better on the Black Friday sale. The cruise planner sales come and go randomly but the best ones are usually near holidays.

The one that ends in 30h is the RCL website sale that runs every week and ends on Tuesday night.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

On 10/27/2023 at 12:36 AM, Tree_skier said:

For all the griping we read about no real sales I'm surprised nobody has said "boo" about the cruise planner sale that kicked off today.  There were some genuine discounts that I was able to take advantage of.  I was able to cancel and rebook. Several individually purchased Chops, Jamies and Sabor meals.

Beverages were about the same as was internet but I was able to cancel and rebook "The Key" for my Adventure of the Seas sailing in February for only $18.99. That is barely more than I would have paid for internet all by itself.  

Thanks for the update.

I purchased the Key two days ago for $18 on an October 2024 sailing.
I "repriced" a Wonderland brunch for $8 less pp on a January sailing.
I checked again today and nothing else on our sailings.

• Like 1

The Pasta Day sale was better than the Halloween sale for Jamie's.  Save $3 pp ($40.99 vs $43.99) on dinner and $4 pp ($15.99 vs $19.99) on lunch.  For Halloween, the prices reverted to the original booked pricing, but Chop's was reduced by $3 pp ($51.99 vs $54.99) for dinner.  These pricing was for our Easter '24 Anthem and October '24 Symphony sails from Bayonne.  Also, I've noticed that Chop's + 1 in not available for the Bayonne sails.

Saved a bit of change especially as we are a party of 8.🙂