News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

On 11/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, DavidsNana said:

@racj846Regarding your above post.  Did you send your information via email to stockperks or to the regular/old princess email for SHB?  I still cannot get the stockperks app to work on my iphone.  Have done everything, turned phone off and back on again, deleted the app and reinstalled.  I have the latest update on my phone installed.  I even changed my password but the app still won't open after I put in my email and password.  I emailed my request for the SHB to the regular Princess email address several days ago and have not gotten a response as some people here are saying they are getting.  Thank you for your assistance.

I’m still not able to have the app work for me. I called Princess few time and no one have any idea what to do. I created an account by using my name and created password the next thing it said to confirm my account and I recived an Emil WITH MY UPCOMING BOOKING NUMBER. I didn’t see any cruise company to pick from. So bad. I bought my stock at $60 per share now all of this. While I have the app I admit I’m no computer smart and have no help. What do I do?? Give it up?? Is that what they hope some of us to do ???

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, esper10 said:

I’m still not able to have the app work for me. I called Princess few time and no one have any idea what to do. I created an account by using my name and created password the next thing it said to confirm my account and I recived an Emil WITH MY UPCOMING BOOKING NUMBER. I didn’t see any cruise company to pick from. So bad. I bought my stock at $60 per share now all of this. While I have the app I admit I’m no computer smart and have no help. What do I do?? Give it up?? Is that what they hope some of us to do ???

See post 119 and 187 for the steps how to submit your brokerage statement, without logging into your stockbrokers account, using the ALIVEA option. The only personal information you need to provide when initially registering with StockPerks is your Name and Email address, which appears you have already created.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

@esper10See Ken the Cruiser's response above.  I followed his instructions.  As I stated before, I could create an account with Stockperks but then couldn't get it to load.  All I got was their home page and when I tried to sign in, it just flipped back to the home pace.  I deleted the app and waited a few weeks (my cruise isn't until 4/27/24) as Shipwalker said that he had contacted Stockperks via email and they were aware that there were problems with certain phones.  I then re-installed the app just last week and I chose the sign in feature since I had previously created an account, was just unable to get it to work.  My account popped up.  I then chose the Aleva option and took a picture of my page from my Schwab account showing the Carnival stocks but no account number etc.  Just my name and the stock.  I got a response that it would take a couple of days to verify my Schwab account.  2 days later I got an email and a notification that it had been verified.  I then went to the redeem section and chose Princess and filled in the info, name, booking number and sailing date.  About 5 hours later got notification that my onboard credit had been applied.  I checked my booking and it was there.  Immediately made a hard copy to take on the ship.  I'm no computer wizard either.  Just the opposite but with the advice and instructions from many of the wonderful people here, I have been able to master the app and now this.  I just got a smart phone 2 years ago and I'm not young!  My phone is an iPhone SE which is the cheapest iPhone they make.  Hope this helps.  Ken the Cruiser is a great source of information here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

See post 119 and 187 for the steps how to submit your brokerage statement, without logging into your stockbrokers account, using the ALIVEA option. The only personal information you need to provide when initially registering with StockPerks is your Name and Email address, which appears you have already created.

Agreed you do not need to create an account or link your brokerage account. However, the app has been updated and there is no AlIVEA option anymore. Please email StockPerks at Hello@Stockperks.com. This company does not have a customer service number so email is the only way. Try it and hopefully someone can help you.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, rajraj said:

Agreed you do not need to create an account or link your brokerage account. However, the app has been updated and there is no AlIVEA option anymore. Please email StockPerks at Hello@Stockperks.com. This company does not have a customer service number so email is the only way. Try it and hopefully someone can help you.

I’m confused. I just took this screenshot with the latest version of the StockPerks app?

IMG_5663.thumb.jpeg.9bda2c2ab3485ee3ee561ad9a29266b0.jpeg

But I will add I’m using an iPad and that app hasn’t been updated in about a month.

IMG_5664.thumb.jpeg.46a8f7ae2f29fe90c47faf77ae207bf9.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I’m confused. I just took this screenshot with the latest version of the StockPerks app?

But I will add I’m using an iPad and that app hasn’t been updated in about a month.

I used Fidelity, without an account, basically the same day the Stockperks was required  as my brokerage was not listed.  These were share I purchased prior to inheriting holdings.  
Alinea seems to be the easiest to use according to majority of responses.

My account holding CCL stock, substantial holdings inherited and in a trust has been linked to Plaid for quite sometime.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just downloaded the App and used it 3 days back. I did not have this step of choosing PLAID/ALINEA/Fidelity etc. I am not surprised if they removed it because it is meaningless anyways.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, esper10 said:

I sent an email to  hello@stockperks.com to inquire what process to use for those who do not wish to or cannot use the app.  A quick reply from them said, in effect, send what you used to send to SBPCL to the 'hello' email address.  However since my next cruise is in the fall of next year, they don't want to hear fom me until May of next year!  .  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I usually book a "Interline" fare which is a discounted fare. I was hopeful that the app would get me my shareholders OBC, but that didn't happen, got turned down on both bookings🙁

The interline fare isn't eligible. Have you received shareholder OBC previously with booking?

Screenshot 2023-12-04 9.39.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 9.35.41 AM.png

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 1:30 PM, rajraj said:

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account or provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information.  StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/missure financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will also send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs. I understand we all want to get our OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.   Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT SEND YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have. Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

I find your post very interesting.

it was super easy to submit, and the only thing we sent them, was the name of the brokerage, our names and that we had 100 shares. 
I left the date on it, as well. 

I do find it interesting, that you can cut and paste all you want, as they want the information on one page only. 
 It worked, though. We got the second email to go back to their site, and put in our booking number and names and date of cruise. That was it…

I don’t really like the new way, but it was not hard to do. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

The interline fare isn't eligible. Have you received shareholder OBC previously with booking?

Screenshot 2023-12-04 9.39.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-04 9.35.41 AM.png

No we haven't got the shareholders benefit or been able to use FCD's while booking an interline fare. Was just casting one out in case the new app allowed it.

On 12/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, Yehootu said:

I usually book a "Interline" fare which is a discounted fare. I was hopeful that the app would get me my shareholders OBC, but that didn't happen, got turned down on both bookings🙁

In my experience "Interline" fares though discounted are not always the best fares as cruise lines discount the regular fares all the time. But sometimes you do get lucky with good interline fares 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:05 PM, esper10 said:

I finally got to a point that the app worked but it got me to have to log on to my brokerage account so I stoped at that point. I’m not about to log to my personal information. How did you all got around that???

I was not forced to login using my brokerage account. Carnival's emails recommended that I share my brokerage login information on the app but I completely ignored this meaningless recommendation from Carnival. Did you create an account on the app? I did not create an account and and was not forced to log on my brokerage account. I was able to upload the redacted letter from my brokerage firm confirming shares held.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:05 PM, Happiest when cruising said:

I find your post very interesting.

it was super easy to submit, and the only thing we sent them, was the name of the brokerage, our names and that we had 100 shares. 
I left the date on it, as well. 

I do find it interesting, that you can cut and paste all you want, as they want the information on one page only. 
 It worked, though. We got the second email to go back to their site, and put in our booking number and names and date of cruise. That was it…

I don’t really like the new way, but it was not hard to do. 

Glad it worked out. Thanks for the compliment on the post. I figured we are all into this together and sharing information could be helpful 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Yehootu said:

No we haven't got the shareholders benefit or been able to use FCD's while booking an interline fare. Was just casting one out in case the new app allowed it.

The app only confirms shares held and passes on the request for OBC to the cruise line. The cruise line has to apply the credit similar to how it has always been. if a particular fare class such as interline is not eligible you will not get the OBC irrespective of how you submit it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rajraj said:

In my experience "Interline" fares though discounted are not always the best fares as cruise lines discount the regular fares all the time. But sometimes you do get lucky with good interline fares 🙂

When the regular fares are discounted, the interline fares go down as well. I just re fared 2 upcoming fares that are on interline rates. I add the OBC and my stock benefit and compare the fares. I've stuck with the regular a few times when I included FCD's but have found that I'm usually better off using the interline fare.

9 hours ago, rajraj said:

The app only confirms shares held and passes on the request for OBC to the cruise line. The cruise line has to apply the credit similar to how it has always been. if a particular fare class such as interline is not eligible you will not get the OBC irrespective of how you submit it.

I assumed that, but it Never Hurts To Try, all they can do say is NO😀

8 hours ago, Yehootu said:

When the regular fares are discounted, the interline fares go down as well. I just re fared 2 upcoming fares that are on interline rates. I add the OBC and my stock benefit and compare the fares. I've stuck with the regular a few times when I included FCD's but have found that I'm usually better off using the interline fare.

I hear you....best to check both options I guess

Stockperks version 2.9.15 is now available for iPhone. (I don't see an Android update.)

I am now able to get the app to load with my Iphone 6.

What's New

-Improvements on the proof of ownership validation.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...