Screenshots of the new Nov 2023 menus

NutsAboutGolf

9 minutes ago, 39august said:

I see salmon repeated for entrees. I thought it was announced that the "Classics" were going to be back. Salmon was one of those always available. 

The new menu app for our Nov 18th Summit cruise is different from this posted one and broiled salmon is listed as available every night along with grilled chicken breast and srilled sirloin steak. It appears there may be different menus depending on sailings/ships.

• Like 2

The app menus have never been accurate for sailings other than the current one.  Even then it has not always matched what's actually on the paper menu.

I think we are going to need to wait to see when they actually change on the ships.

• Like 5

If and when the menus change, I'll be looking for reviews.  I hope people come back with specific reviews (deeper than "I didn't go hungry").  There are many lurkers here who know how it should be, vs not how it once was.  I don't expect specialty quality in MDR, but I do expect moist chicken, chewable beef, and less pasta.  I love that Night 1 above has Penne Primavera followed by Pasta Primavera on Night 2.  How creative.  Big sigh as I'm shaking my head.

• Like 1

One night last week on Summit there were 3 chicken dishes.  

I know people have been complaining about Flank Steak being a cheaper form than the strip/sirloin but I have to say I had it twice and it was very good both times.  Thin sliced so it was pretty tender and good flavor cooked to a nice medium rare.  Much better than the thin sirloin steaks they have had the last couple months.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just back off Infinity. Those menus reflect pretty much what we had for the last 6 days. I would say there was more choice but the balance of the menus hadn’t been thought through with lots of very similar dishes and repetition. Seems like a work in progress with, hopefully, more changes to come. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I see salmon repeated for entrees. I thought it was announced that the "Classics" were going to be back. Salmon was one of those always available. 

Royal Caribbean did the test market on the Classics menu not Celebrity. They are returning to RC ships. 

Just off Silly…..beware of pork dishes unless you bring a big knife.  I, too, really enjoyed the flank steak.  I always enjoy the snails and onion soup, but am now finding that those 2 items combined with a salad constitute dinner.  There 3 of us on the cruise and hubby ordered the lobster tail on the regular menu the second to last night of the cruise.  Waiter told him he’d throw a second one on the plate…no charge.  Then my daughter and I had the flank with a tail.  So he ended up with 4.  He was happy although, as said many times before, they were just “okay”.

As far as Ocean View, food was good!  There was quite a bit of variety when ever we went for dinner.  Murano was first night (or second if you’ve read about our cruise).  Great as usual.  The LCG steak was fabulous.

okay, I’ll say it….we don’t cruise for food, specifically, and never went hungry.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There are no more additional entrees below the screenshot.  This is for the Nov 28th solstice sailing and obviously things may change yet am simply sharing what appears in the app

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. There's nothing new here. Those dinner menus are exactly the same as for first 7 nights of the current Solstice sailing which embarked on October 19th.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The app menus have never been accurate for sailings other than the current one.  Even then it has not always matched what's actually on the paper menu.

I think we are going to need to wait to see when they actually change on the ships.

I've definitely seen changes in the app menus the closer you get and believe it will happen here.  Yet these menus do list some new entrees which was why I posted them

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Got to laugh at Celebrity’s IT Department.  I just looked at the menus for our sailing on Apex later this month…it has Tuscan (one of the complimentary four MDRs) listed as a specialty restaurant you must pay for plus gratuity…

It's an F&B POC on the ship who is responsible for populating app menus.  It's IT's responsibility to ensure that the F&B POC is able to successfully populate app menus

23 minutes ago, happycruiser7 said:

Royal Caribbean did the test market on the Classics menu not Celebrity. They are returning to RC ships. 

Celebrity also removed classics earlier this year.  There was an e-mail with a video this week about Celebrity bringing them back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. There's nothing new here. Those dinner menus are exactly the same as for first 7 nights of the current Solstice sailing which embarked on October 19th.

You had Pork Duo and Chorizo Linguine on the menu?  I posted everything with the impression there would be updates

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

You had Pork Duo and Chorizo Linguine on the menu?  I posted everything with the impression there would be updates

I'm not on board. After reading this post, I went through the menus on the app for the current Solstice sailing to see what's new. Nothing is new. They're exactly the same.

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I'm not on board. After reading this post, I went through the menus on the app for the current Solstice sailing to see what's new. Nothing is new. They're exactly the same.

I did attempt to validate before post, I have never seen or heard of "pork duo" and even google agreed with me.  Yet perhaps it's a Solstice thing

image.thumb.png.dbdbec4814dc87b7b4cee8c4001a64ca.png

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I also just now looked at tomorrow's sailing. Same menu. Nothing in your OP is new.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I did attempt to validate before post, I have never seen or heard of "pork duo" and even google agreed with me.  Yet perhaps it's a Solstice thing

Duo means 2. Did you really need to Google that? The description says pork cheeks and tenderloin. 2 cuts of pork.

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Duo means 2. Did you really need to Google that? The description says pork cheeks and tenderloin. 2 cuts of pork.

I sure did google it!  lol  However I googled not for the definition, I hadn't seen "pork duo" before so wanted to ensure it wasn't mentioned before

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There are no more additional entrees below the screenshot.  This is for the Nov 28th solstice sailing and obviously things may change yet am simply sharing what appears in the app

IMG_0779.png

IMG_0780.png

IMG_0781.png

IMG_0782.png

IMG_0783.png

IMG_0784.png

IMG_0785.png

Hope the app is mistaken with regard to menus. It usually is.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Got to laugh at Celebrity’s IT Department.  I just looked at the menus for our sailing on Apex later this month…it has Tuscan (one of the complimentary four MDRs) listed as a specialty restaurant you must pay for plus gratuity…

I think the Tuscan grill is a specialty restaurant on the S class ships

31 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

image.thumb.png.dbdbec4814dc87b7b4cee8c4001a64ca.png

The only pork duo I ever heard of was porky and corky . 🤣

• Haha 1