I booked a B2B and now neither of my guests can go

Eskylady

Hi,

I booked a B2B leaving December 3rd, my first and I was really excited. My husband was going on one half and my brother on the other. It turns out neither can go. I never put a guest name in because I didn’t know who was doing what. So now I have no one to put in those spots. I am still planning on going as I wasn’t able to join my hubs when he went to Hawaii a month ago, (and well, because cruising is just the best thing ever).

I can’t leave them blank and print a boarding pass. (Can I?), Do I just call Carnival and tell them? Put their names in and hope some magic happens? 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!

8 minutes ago, Eskylady said:

Need some clarification.  There are 3 of you originally going -- you and your hubbie sharing a room on one leg of the B2B, and you and your brother sharing on the other leg ?

So, now with both of them backing out, you would be a solo cruiser for both legs of the B2B ?

1 hour ago, Eskylady said:

Yes. I will be alone.

I'd leave the room's guest registration alone since you never put another person's name down as cruising with you.  

Carnival charges a nominal $50 fee for a name change within 60-days of departure, should you find someone else to cruise with you.

Just now, Eskylady said:

Hmmm. I clearly can’t afford a *nice* gentleman. Lol  I don’t think I can complete inforrmation without a second party. Guess I’ll have to give Carnival a call and then if things change add them back. 

Just put their names in and let them be no shows. You will get port fees and taxes back on board.

• Like 6

Sounds like a great opportunity to extend some kindness and make a new bff with an acquaintance or coworker you like but haven't gotten to know. You could invite someone for just one of the two legs even. 

Either way, have a fabulous B2B. 

4 hours ago, carohs said:

Sounds like a great opportunity to extend some kindness and make a new bff with an acquaintance or coworker you like but haven't gotten to know. You could invite someone for just one of the two legs even. 

Either way, have a fabulous B2B. 

Hi carohs,

Actually I’ve done that before and it worked out well and she really needed the break. I have left that door open, but since I work in the medical field, trying to get any time off so close to Christmas with little notice is challenging. I had to do quite a bit of horse trading to do it myself months earlier. (Let’s just say I will be spending the holidays with my work family). 🙂

You have a lovely way of thinking. Thanks for the well wishes!

Edited by Eskylady
Auto-incorrect jumped in where it wasn’t wanted.
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Eskylady said:

Hi,

I booked a B2B leaving December 3rd, my first and I was really excited. My husband was going on one half and my brother on the other. It turns out neither can go. I never put a guest name in because I didn’t know who was doing what. So now I have no one to put in those spots. I am still planning on going as I wasn’t able to join my hubs when he went to Hawaii a month ago, (and well, because cruising is just the best thing ever).

I can’t leave them blank and print a boarding pass. (Can I?), Do I just call Carnival and tell them? Put their names in and hope some magic happens? 

Ok fine, I'll go with you....

In all seriousness I have no advice but I hope something works out for you.

• Haha 1

I booked a cruise once without knowing who was going with me. So I just put TBA in the 2nd guest name. Turned out my wife or any of my other friends could go with me so I went solo.  When doing the check-in I had to make up some data for Mr. TBA to complete the check-in. Had no problems boarding and they even had a room card for Mr. TBA.

• Haha 2