Silver Dawn still in Lisbon??

HalFan

According to the Marine Traffic website, the Silver Dawn has been moored in Lisbon for several days.  I thought it odd that it was there before the previous cruise was scheduled to end.  According to Cruise Timetables, it should have left yesterday (November 4) for a Lisbon to Barcelona cruise.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Dawn or maybe it's a problem with the Marine Traffic website?

We're curious since we're booked to be on the Dawn in January.

I have been wondering too as she’s definitely still in Lisbon according to MarineTraffic live, and I’m due to board her on 25th in Lisbon, after she’s been to Barcelona and back. 
Where’s the error?

PS the Cloud also appears to be unmoving in Chile so maybe it’s MarineTraffic live that’s wrong?

29 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

I have been wondering too as she’s definitely still in Lisbon according to MarineTraffic live, and I’m due to board her on 25th in Lisbon, after she’s been to Barcelona and back. 
Where’s the error?

PS the Cloud also appears to be unmoving in Chile so maybe it’s MarineTraffic live that’s wrong?

I haven’t seen you in the roll call.  I hope we do meet up.

Another marine traffic site states the ship is currently approaching Lisbon.  

Edited by Port Power

1 hour ago, HalFan said:

According to the Marine Traffic website, the Silver Dawn has been moored in Lisbon for several days.  I thought it odd that it was there before the previous cruise was scheduled to end.  According to Cruise Timetables, it should have left yesterday (November 4) for a Lisbon to Barcelona cruise.  Does anyone know if there is a problem with the Dawn or maybe it's a problem with the Marine Traffic website?

We're curious since we're booked to be on the Dawn in January.

Weather-related. Many ports on the previous voyage (Hamburg, St Malo, Bordeaux and Bilbao) were canceled due to weather and the ship arrived early in Lisbon on Wednesday.  The Dawn is spending an extra day in Lisbon before its next voyage as the ports in Morocco have been cancelled.  There are forecasts of gale force winds and unfortunately also a maritime pilots strike scheduled for Nov. 6-8. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Weather-related. Many ports on the previous voyage (Hamburg, St Malo, Bordeaux and Bilbao) were canceled due to weather and the ship arrived early in Lisbon on Wednesday.  The Dawn is spending an extra day in Lisbon before its next voyage as the ports in Morocco have been cancelled.  There are forecasts of gale force winds and unfortunately also a maritime pilots strike scheduled for Nov. 6-8. 

Yup.  Things very unsettled right now.  Here's the current advisory in English:

LisbonWeather.jpg.d9e6494d1be3d8dc2961b7857a7ea7de.jpg

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

I don’t usually do roll calls, I’m a very self contained cruiser, some might say not very sociable. 
I don’t join in much except trivia. But I am visible around the ship, always carrying a book and my iPad. 

Exactly my outlook, except my books are on my tablet, and I hate trivia. 🙂

Edited by MBP&O2/O

13 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Unlike the Muse in the Gulf of thailand where the swell is a horrendous 7 inches!

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

I'm  currently relaxing in my hotel in Lisbon and the weather is quiet and windless.  The temperature is about 55F but overcast with a chilly mist.  

Hi Dawn, I am sitting in the lobby of my hotel too. Room is not ready but should be soon. See you soon.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, Port Power said:

I haven’t seen you in the roll call.  I hope we do meet up.

Another marine traffic site states the ship is currently approaching Lisbon.  

Hey Port Power,

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Dawn. Thinking about booking something on her.  I know you are fair and can tell it like it is. Food, Service, ect.

Currently on Encore and there are plenty of issues.  Maybe I should just stick to expedition ships. 😁

14 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Hey Port Power,

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Dawn. Thinking about booking something on her.  I know you are fair and can tell it like it is. Food, Service, ect.

Currently on Encore and there are plenty of issues.  Maybe I should just stick to expedition ships. 😁

When I was on Dawn earlier this year, I was part of a group and didn't get to experience the whole ship.  Which is why I was looking forward to Muse so much.  One of our group, Grace, went to most of the SALT lab classes and loved them.

I will certainly provide some feedback for you.  27 days aboard should provide a certain insight!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Hey Port Power,

Hi, I am not Port Power but if I may, I have sailed Dawn 3 times and she is probably my favorite ship. I would sail her a 4th time if I could find something in my $ price point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have sailed Dawn 3 times and she is probably my favorite ship. 

Just curious.  Have you sailed on Moon?  Is there a reason that Dawn trumps Moon?  I understand that there are some significant differences between Dawn and Muse, 

16 minutes ago, Observer said:

Just curious.  Have you sailed on Moon?  Is there a reason that Dawn trumps Moon?  I understand that there are some significant differences between Dawn and Muse, 

Hi, I have sailed Moon once and would go on her again without hesitation. Dawn just had what I wanted itinerary/price wise each time I booked her.

On 11/13/2023 at 9:53 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

Hey Port Power,

I decided to do a trip report “Dawn to the West”, so I will comment on the ship along the way.  So far I am very impressed with the ship and most staff.  Not too sure about my butler, though.  She said she couldn’t change the champagne in my suite while we were still in port due to licensing regulations.  I could go to the bar for a drink while in port, so that sounded weird.  I hadn’t fully unpacked before going to events and dinner.  The open suitcase of clothing was on the bed, surrounded by hangars.  The butler took all the hangars away!  She brought what I needed back again, but why would you do that!  I’ll log it up to a very busy embarkation day.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Port Power said:

I decided to do a trip report “Dawn to the West”, so I will comment on the ship along the way.  So far I am very impressed with the ship and most staff.  Not too sure about my butler, though.  She said she couldn’t change the champagne in my suite while we were still in port due to licensing regulations.  I could go to the bar for a drink while in port, so that sounded weird.  I hadn’t fully unpacked before going to events and dinner.  The open suitcase of clothing was on the bed, surrounded by hangars.  The butler took all the hangars away!  She brought what I needed back again, but why would you do that!  I’ll log it up to a very busy embarkation day.

Whoa, that's a weird one.  Looking forward to your report!

Just disembarking Seabourn Encore. After a less than stellar preformance, not sure if we'll do a big ship again. 

12 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Whoa, that's a weird one.  Looking forward to your report!

Just disembarking Seabourn Encore. After a less than stellar preformance, not sure if we'll do a big ship again. 

Big ship?!  Will you like Silver Dawn or Silver Muse then?  I quite like this size ship, but I have certainly met others who prefer less than 200 passengers.  Actually, preferably 100 pax!

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 12:21 AM, Port Power said:

She said she couldn’t change the champagne in my suite while we were still in port due to licensing regulations.  I could go to the bar for a drink while in port, so that sounded weird. 

It's possible that local regulations prohibit the liquor/wine storage areas from being opened while in port.   One would think she could get a different bottle from one of the bars, but the bar managers may try to prevent their stock from being taken to the cabins. 

12 hours ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

It's possible that local regulations prohibit the liquor/wine storage areas from being opened while in port.   One would think she could get a different bottle from one of the bars, but the bar managers may try to prevent their stock from being taken to the cabins. 

The butler was incorrect and could easily have changed the champagne.  While in port in Spain, passengers have to pay VAT on any purchases made on the ship, but that doesn’t apply to any included wines, drinks or food.  I wasn’t buying the bottle.

The wine storage areas were definitely open because goods were was coming aboard for restocking! 😀