Panorama Nov-Dec 2023 sailings cancelled!

weezal

4 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Well....do not like that part that says work in the port put off until January....sounds bad....

That means that repairs to the dock have been postponed, so that the Panorama can make two calls there, one to remove the stack, and one to replace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

That means that repairs to the dock have been postponed, so that the Panorama can make two calls there, one to remove the stack, and one to replace.

Thanks.....I guess I was trying to read between the lines....lol.......makes more sense......my sister lives in Victoria so will get here to give me some updates.......

• Like 2

She is scheduled to go up River to Portland on December 2nd. If it takes 8 days for the repair and 2 days to travel back to Victoria that will leave 11 days to put her top back on and get to Long Beach on the 23rd. It sounds tight but doable unless there are unexpected complications and I think the chances for my New Years sailing look good. 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Well....do not like that part that says work in the port put off until January....sounds bad....

The ship is docked here in Victoria at Ogden Pier.  This is where cruise ships normally dock during cruise season.  The dock was supposed to undergo regular maintenance but it was put off until January so Panorama could dock there now.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckysll said:

Local tv news just had a story on the ship and said she is expected to be ready to head to Portland on Sunday. 

Wow, that would be way ahead of schedule, thank you! Any updates from your local perspective are appreciated. Panorama sure is getting around and making news on her journey to full power. 

Edited by LaRue1975

22 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

She is scheduled to go up River to Portland on December 2nd.

13 hours ago, Luckysll said:

Local tv news just had a story on the ship and said she is expected to be ready to head to Portland on Sunday. 

7 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Wow, that would be way ahead of schedule, thank you!

Well, I'm suspicious the "local tv news" got the day of the week correct, but forgot to state the "date".  Dec 2 is a Sat.  So maybe she is scheduled to leave Victoria on Dec 2 (Saturday) and arrive in Portland on Dec 3 (Sunday).

But, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Well now Panorama is anchored near Victoria. Does anyone have any updates?

Where she is anchored is near the Victoria Shipyard Esquimalt drydock, so most likely waiting for the blocks to be ready, and possibly tides to be right for her to enter the dock.  It actually looks like she is moving, with two tugs approaching, so she may well be on her way into the dock.

Though, of course, she isn't going into the dry dock, so the tugs are there to take her into a wet berth.  Brain fart.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 2

She is in Victoria and they are preparing to remove her whale tail and radar tower so she can make it under the fixed bridges on the Columbia River. She is scheduled to arrive in the Portland dry dock on December 2nd and a pilot has been booked to take her up river. So far the plan to have her ready in time for the holiday cruises is intact. 

IMG_4700.jpeg

IMG_4699.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Thank you for posting this.  It’s good to see that progress is being made!  Fingers crossed for your New Year’s Eve cruise. I’m booked B2B for the two cruises following yours.

Most of the updates come from our administrator, he is doing a great job of keeping us all informed. If we were relying on Carnival for info we would remain lost at sea, lol! So I will see you onboard, we are also doing a B2B, can’t wait! 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 6:04 PM, pppiglet said:

We are on the MIracle next week. (21st)  Do you think we can park in the structure instead of offsite since Panorama won't be there?  I just got an email update to our sailing, but it still shows the notice on it that parking for Miracle is offsite. 

We'll just an update to my question, they didn't let us park in the terminal and we were sent to an offsite structure with bad directions and we got lost, finally got to where they directed us too and they turned us away saying it was full, sent us to another structure that had a long line waiting to get into it, and cut off it right after the car in front of us.  Sent us to a 3rd location up the street and then we had to walk back to the structure to get on the shuttle bus to the port.  We arrived to the port finally an hour after our check in time. My husband was so mad!  (along with many other people)  Very frustrating way to start a cruise off. 

That being said, we had a nice time on the cruise and the Miracle was in very good shape. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pppiglet said:

We'll just an update to my question, they didn't let us park in the terminal and we were sent to an offsite structure with bad directions and we got lost, finally got to where they directed us too and they turned us away saying it was full, sent us to another structure that had a long line waiting to get into it, and cut off it right after the car in front of us.  Sent us to a 3rd location up the street and then we had to walk back to the structure to get on the shuttle bus to the port.  We arrived to the port finally an hour after our check in time. My husband was so mad!  (along with many other people)  Very frustrating way to start a cruise off. 

That being said, we had a nice time on the cruise and the Miracle was in very good shape. 

Oh my, that is even worse than our experience debarking after the 14 day to Alaska in September which was a two hour ordeal. I cannot understand why you would have to park offsite while the Panorama is out of commission. 🤷‍♀️ We also did the 5 day on Miracle the first week of November and it went much better but was still a PITA, enough that we have decided we won’t sail on her again. I am sorry you had to go through all that but glad you could let it go and enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 2

Just curious, has anyone affected actually seen their refund yet? I got a gift card immediately for Cheers but nothing about the other two excursions, my deposit and I had a good part of the rest paid off through uplift. Before I sit on hold for half an hour I figured I'd ask. The original notice said it could take 3-4 weeks to process so I can't really complain yet.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bptex said:

Just curious, has anyone affected actually seen their refund yet? I got a gift card immediately for Cheers but nothing about the other two excursions, my deposit and I had a good part of the rest paid off through uplift. Before I sit on hold for half an hour I figured I'd ask. The original notice said it could take 3-4 weeks to process so I can't really complain yet.

No, I am still waiting on my refund of my cabin fare, taxes, and prepaid gratuities.  I did receive a refund within days of the cancelation for Cheers, Excursions, and wifi I had purchased. All were put on the same credit card.

Getting antsy because I rebooked another vacation for the same week we were supposed to be on Panorama.

The letter said up to 3 weeks for refunds. This Thursday will be 3 weeks! They are milking it out.

• Like 1

I've got a payment due to uplift on the first, hopefully they get it sorted out by then. I'll call and bug them Friday I guess. Yeah I spent over $1000 last week on a road trip to the coast, it was either that or a staycation. I'd much rather have been on the cruise I booked a year and a half ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bptex said:

I'm also waiting for my fare to be refunded (already got the excursions refunded) and getting antsy. I booked myself at a fancy resort for next week instead - more expensive per night than I would stay at if this wasn't supposed to be a salvage vacation attempt - and I need that refund to land before the charges do, ideally.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

No, I am still waiting on my refund of my cabin fare, taxes, and prepaid gratuities.  I did receive a refund within days of the cancelation for Cheers, Excursions, and wifi I had purchased

Same here. Weird how quickly one refunds but the other doesn't.

I'm also having difficulties getting them to honor their offer for air change reimbursement. It's honestly disappointing, but not surprising.

• Like 2

I am with all of you...waiting for a $2200 credit to hit my credit card.  I had only paid for the cruise, insurance and port fees.  I called a few days ago asking about the refund and I know more about the refund than the person I talked to.  She said I would get FCC and I immediately corrected her on that.  She said to me "I should have read down further".  Yes, she should have.  Anyhow, can someone please post on this thread when an actual credit hits their credit card?  I will let you all know when I get my refund.  I want my money back!!

• Like 1