Celebrity Sign-In Problems

mrgabriel

I'm unable to sign-in to Celebrity - getting a password error. 

I CAN sign-in to the app on my iPhone using my email and password but cannot on a web browser on my MacBook or iPad. I've checked that dang password a dozen times and yes, it's correct and it's the same one that I use on the app to sign in. 

Anyone else having a similar problem?

4 minutes ago, Janedoe2012 said:

I had the same problem on my iPad when using the “saved” username and password.  It works ok if I manually enter them.

I’ve been entering it manually. I’ll try again tomorrow to see if anything is resolved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I CAN sign-in to the app on my iPhone using my email and password but cannot on a web browser on my MacBook or iPad. I've checked that dang password a dozen times and yes, it's correct and it's the same one that I use on the app to sign in. 

I just signed into my account with no problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB08 said:

It has been several days of not being able to complete Sign-in process for Ascent 12/3 sailing on App or IPad.     Frustrating and will call Celebrity.    Good luck to all.  

We are on Ascent on 12/24.  All of this started because I’m looking for our check-in. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

@Jim_Iain Yes, tried that. Cleared caches on devices. Rebooted. Made no difference.

@hopeless holiday booker Frustrating, isn't it?

Okay all - after trying many times I finally locked myself out and had to reset my password.

I reset it to my existing password and that worked. 

I'm going to send Celebrity an email about this because in my mind, this is potentially a security issue.  We all put a lot of personal information on their website and if it's not adequately storing passwords then that could be a problem.

I'm now going to reset my password again to something new - and all my passwords are discrete so there aren't ever issues with other websites. 

6 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

@Jim_Iain Yes, tried that. Cleared caches on devices. Rebooted. Made no difference.

@hopeless holiday booker Frustrating, isn't it?

Okay all - after trying many times I finally locked myself out and had to reset my password.

I reset it to my existing password and that worked. 

I'm going to send Celebrity an email about this because in my mind, this is potentially a security issue.  We all put a lot of personal information on their website and if it's not adequately storing passwords then that could be a problem.

I'm now going to reset my password again to something new - and all my passwords are discrete so there aren't ever issues with other websites. 

I’ll be interested to see what response you get - if any. Mine said ‘it’s us not you!’ And then I had a ‘gateway problem’ where when I tried to sign in it just couldn’t load. 
I just want to be able to sign in in case there’s a Black Friday sale for dining etc on my upcoming cruise. As long as chrome works I’ll just keep going backward and forwards 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad you got it fixed.  I've also had to reset my password and it allowed me to use the same on again.

I am new to Celebrity but I also have trouble signing in.  I am on the website at least once a week and can sometimes reuse the same password while other times having to make a new one.

Do they only hold passwords for a week or so because it's getting a pain to go thru so many steps almost every time I sign in.  I am also having the same problem on RC as well.  Should I use another browser ?

I’ve been using Safari on my iPhone and iPad for years and my username and password were always super-conveniently saved for easy sign-in ~ until several months ago when Safari’s pop-up auto-sign-in stopped popping up and I have to manually enter everything. I tried everything to find out why and fix it, but no go.  Since I visit Celebrity and RC several times a day, it’s extremely inconvenient and frustrating. Wondering if maybe the sites no longer allow saving the info. 

• Like 1

I can sign in just fine, but when I try to access certain areas of my recent reservation, I keep getting a "Reservation number is locked. Try again later." error message. This is after clicking "Manage Reservation" and then trying to click anything else. After that, I can't even click "Manage reservation" without getting the error.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tina99 said:

I’ve been using Safari on my iPhone and iPad for years and my username and password were always super-conveniently saved for easy sign-in ~ until several months ago when Safari’s pop-up auto-sign-in stopped popping up and I have to manually enter everything. I tried everything to find out why and fix it, but no go.  Since I visit Celebrity and RC several times a day, it’s extremely inconvenient and frustrating. Wondering if maybe the sites no longer allow saving the info. 

Unfortunately that isn't you browser -  that is a screw up by Celebrity Programmers side.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad you got it fixed.  I've also had to reset my password and it allowed me to use the same on again.

I find I have to change my password about once a month or I can’t get in. And I’m not “forgetting” my password as I always use a password manager. 

23 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Hi,

I have been having the same problem for months but the other way around  I can do anything I want on my laptop but cannot sign in on my phone, I did contact Celebrity they just told me to reinstall the app after 12 attempts I gave up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Manually typing in the username and password instead of having that info saved. 

I couldn't get anywhere.  All I received was a "Bad Request" page.  It drove me mad.  I just kept at it and it finally opened correctly.  Ugh!  Thank for responding!