Celebrity Beyond with young children

eric1e

We've generally been a RCCL family since having kids (7/4/1) but are considering Celebrity Beyond this summer.  The last time I sailed Celebrity I had no kids, so looking for some thoughts and insights from those that have recently sailed.

In the summer the kid count onboard goes way up so making use of the kids program for the 4 & 7 yr should be a lot of fun for them. Like someone else said the 1 yr old is tough because the minimum drop off age is 3, though they used to have the ability to hire a babysitter for an additional cost if you wanted to have a nice dinner out without the toddler. 

Not much for children to do beyond kids club for the 2 older kiddos. Plus no dedicated pool area either. They will have to share with the adults. 

You know your kids. Will they be happy in the E class atmosphere?  Did they utilize the kid features of the RCL ship(s) you cruised in the past?  

I’ve read that X does a pretty good job with the kid’s club. But if I were to sail with kids ages 7/4/1, I’d go with RCL for the more balanced mix of multigenerational things to do. 

If price is not a major factor, look to Disney.  My second choice would be Royal Caribbean,  I would not sail with Celebrity with children that age.  

I believe the best $ value and entertainment for all would be Royal Caribbean.

Royal C might be a better value  at this time b/c you still have younger kiddos and Disney is pricey! Maybe when they are older.

You will.miss out on much of the great things on BEYOND..The Club, amazing theater, Workd Class Bar, EDEN etc.

If you try X , it has the cartoon dinner. le Petit Chef...they might like that.

Depends on time of year and your kids.

they will be treated quite special on X.. bring a tiny blow up pool for the little one! but not much else

20 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Few younger kids on Celebrity unless a Christmas cruise. Lots of older in Alaska.  I would cruise with RCCL or Disney.  Kid Club nice but there will be few playmates and as Said  the 1 year old will be with you 24/7.

I’ll be on a Christmas cruise next month.  Excited  to see kids on board.  I can tell them about the old days before iPhones.

• Haha 1

Cruised with 5 y/o on Celebrity, RCL, and Disney all in the past 13 months.  All have excellent kids clubs.  Almost all kids under 10 y/o seemed to really enjoy themselves.  Our little guy preferred to spend most of his time in the clubs as the counselors were great!!! 

We previously sailed on RCL with an excellent club but pools were smallish and food was mediocre unless specialty restaurants. 

Disney was transatlantic and nice if you are a disney lover but the kids clubs were very electronic video oriented whereas Celebrity and RCL were crafts oriented which our kid loved.  Food is also so-so on Disney. 

Celebrity was the best overall as the Club was less crowded and the counselors interacted most with kids.  Even the Captain's 9 y/o daughter was in the club everyday participating in activities!  Celebrity has the largest pool which was least crowded.  Solarium pool off limits to kids except for restricted late afternoon hours 5-7 which most adults are at cocktail hour anyhow.  The food was best on Celebrity. 

All ships have attractive Kids Clubs which kids preferred to participate with other kids rather than just swim in the pools.  Best yet, for parents with young children who want to spend all their time in the clubs, it gives us the chance to do what we need most, namely catch up on sleep!!!!

My kids were 4 and 6 for their first Celebrity cruise, to Bermuda in 2011. They’ve been on probably a dozen more since then, as well as others on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I am so glad I didn’t listen to Cruise Critic posters when I decided to book a family cruise.

Celebrity excels with the younger set and it was our line of choice until they were about 10 and 12. The kids clubs are smaller and not as overwhelming, with more attention for each child. There are also family activities you can all do together like bingo, talent shows and our favorite, scavenger hunts. I highly recommend it! 

Here are a few photos from our first two X cruises.

DSC_6480_Original.jpeg

DSC_6485_Original.jpeg

DSC_7573_Original.jpeg

DSC_1726_Original.jpeg