Black Friday sales for excursions etc

Lena11033

24 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

I was very curious about this because in the Wi-Fi section, they are selling "X Pass - Always Upgrade Basic Wi-Fi to Celebrity Pass Premium Wi-Fi for $10.99/day. And there's a blurb about Celebrity Pass and all of the extras (upgraded wi-fi for 2 devices, priority boarding, welcome lunch, waived room service fee...). And on the VIP Passes tab they are selling the X Pass/Celebrity Pass for $38.99/day. Did you get anything in your confirmation that confirms you have the whole X Pass and not just upgraded wi-fi?

The email confirmation just mentioned the name of the package I purchased.  The description mentions that since you already have the AI package they will upgrade to Premium Wi-fi.  Still not sure why it costs less than just upgrading from basic to premium for two devices - $39.27 NZD    The description implies  that it is the X Pass and all that goes with it.

The VIP pass looks to be for people who did not buy the AI package so they factored that into the price?.

image.png.df06482b141ab5d264af25e1b53c031c.png

Edited by kiwichick62

Also, I picked up a bottle of wine at 45% of posted price of La Crema Sonoma Pinot Noir for $45.66(CAD).   It seemed to be a pretty good deal if you want to have wine at the dining room.   I believe the corkage fees are now $25(US), if you want to bring your own wine.

11 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

The email confirmation just mentioned the name of the package I purchased.  The description mentions that since you already have the AI package they will upgrade to Premium Wi-fi.  Still not sure why it costs less than just upgrading from basic to premium for two devices - $39.27 NZD    The description implies  that it is the X Pass and all that goes with it.

The VIP pass looks to be for people who did not buy the AI package so they factored that into the price?.

image.png.df06482b141ab5d264af25e1b53c031c.png

This reads like a mistake to me ... Like, this is supposed to be included at $0 as part of the bundle when you buy the Celebrity Pass...

I think this is just wifi and not the rest of the Celebrity Pass benefits.

On 11/15/2023 at 6:41 AM, Lena11033 said:

Sorry if I missed another topic but earlier today my planner didn't have discounts and now my excursions are showing up to 50% off, drink packages are 45% off and wifi showing 50% off

THANKS for putting this out there. 

I had just booked our last 2 excursions--this saved us $70!

Edited by KKB

On 11/17/2023 at 2:27 AM, someguyfl said:

This reads like a mistake to me ... Like, this is supposed to be included at $0 as part of the bundle when you buy the Celebrity Pass...

I think this is just wifi and not the rest of the Celebrity Pass benefits.

Nope.  The name has now been changed to “ Celebrity Pass Upgrade” on the website and in my purchase history.  It cost me NZ $25 pp per day.  The VIP pass without the upgrade is now listed as NZ $59 pp.  Checked just now and both the VIP pass and the pass upgrades are sold out for my cruise.  Not sure how many people the pass is limited to per cruise.

Hi, I am new to Celebrity (and cruising!) We have paid for our shore excursions already. Is it possible to cancel and rebook them at the reduced prices? And if so, how, and are there any penalties for cancelling? Thanks in advance.

Edited by maggielou362

33 minutes ago, maggielou362 said:

Hi, I am new to Celebrity (and cruising!) We have paid for our shore excursions already. Is it possible to cancel and rebook them at the reduced prices? And if so, how, and are there any penalties for cancelling? Thanks in advance.

There are no penalties for cancelling the pre-paid excursions.  I always cancel 1 at a time, then immediately re-book (whether it’s for a price change, or if you find something better, or maybe you don’t want an excursion at all).  Just be aware, if you are wanting to price change an excursion that is “sold out”, you do risk the chance that for the brief moment it takes to re-book your excursion, someone may book it for themselves….in that case, I would consider contacting your Travel Agent if you used one, or the cruise line direct & have them reprice it for you…explaining that it’s a “sold out” excursion & you don’t want to loose it to someone else in the process.

• Thanks 1

So did they make a mistake and not show discounts or did they price jack everything. 2 excursions I booked 2 weeks ago now have 20% off, yet both are more expensive even with the discount and prices for even 50% deals seem to have been seriously hiked prior to discount being applied.

9 hours ago, scottsla said:

So did they make a mistake and not show discounts or did they price jack everything. 2 excursions I booked 2 weeks ago now have 20% off, yet both are more expensive even with the discount and prices for even 50% deals seem to have been seriously hiked prior to discount being applied.

I paid no attention to the % off...I just looked: is it cheaper than I paid originally?

I just rebooked wifi for July trip from yesterday. Saved a few more $.

• Like 1