Medallion shipped

eagletwo

11 days? Did they use Pony Express? Even by USPS snail-mail standards that seems a bit excessive. 

The charge for our Medallions and accessory shipment for our December 10th sailing just hit my account 2 days ago, so it looks like they will be shipping soon if not already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

11 days? Did they use Pony Express? Even by USPS snail-mail standards that seems a bit excessive. 

The charge for our Medallions and accessory shipment for our December 10th sailing just hit my account 2 days ago, so it looks like they will be shipping soon if not already. 

They are shipped from China, Bangladesh, Vietnam or somewhere overseas.

6 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

The OP said they left Los Angeles on the 4th. Perhaps after they arrived from Asia?

Ah, yes.  I'm sure princess pays the minimum for that shipping.  Have seen items I've ordered sit at locations for days before moving again.  Probably something like that. Plus USPS, not really known for efficiency.

27 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

Well, I don’t think it was excessive as it was shipped from the West Coast by truck. 

It must have been a battery powered truck? and ran out of power a couple of times and had to be change 😳 😀

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Haha 2

Mine usually came from the Los Angeles area and most of the time it seemed like they were stuck there for days until tracking showed that they were ready to be delivered.  Today I see that our current order is in Bensenville IL awaiting pick up.  Maybe they are changing up the shipping?  We will see if they make a trip to Los Angeles before making their way to Arizona.

I believe Princess uses a shipping service(s) as an intermediary that sends the medallions to your local post office who completes the final delivery.  Location doesn’t matter as much as when a shipment leaves for you area of the country.  Hence you might see your order “stuck in California”.   Once USPS receives your package, delivery is quick.  I know UPS offers this type of service-  UPS Sure Post. 

2 hours ago, milolii said:

I believe Princess uses a shipping service(s) as an intermediary that sends the medallions to your local post office who completes the final delivery.  Location doesn’t matter as much as when a shipment leaves for you area of the country.  Hence you might see your order “stuck in California”.   Once USPS receives your package, delivery is quick.  I know UPS offers this type of service-  UPS Sure Post. 

In my case the shipping partner is "4PX EXPRESS USA" and the shipping process started in Bensenville IL.  This is the first time I've seen this shipper or location appear in tracking for Medallions.  And yes, it's going to USPS eventually.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:26 PM, azbirdmom said:

In my case the shipping partner is "4PX EXPRESS USA" and the shipping process started in Bensenville IL.  This is the first time I've seen this shipper or location appear in tracking for Medallions.  And yes, it's going to USPS eventually.

I received notification Sunday that our medallions are also coming through Bensenville, same shipping partner also. Did you get yours yet Azbirdmom?

32 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

I received notification Sunday that our medallions are also coming through Bensenville, same shipping partner also. Did you get yours yet Azbirdmom?

Yes, they arrived today.  They actually went to Carson CA from Bensenville and were handed off to USPS for delivery.  So I got them 6 days after I got the email from Ocean Notifications.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, they arrived today.  They actually went to Carson CA from Bensenville and were handed off to USPS for delivery.  So I got them 6 days after I got the email from Ocean Notifications.

That's interesting that they sent them all the way to a suburb of Chicago then all the way back to California, then to Arizona. Seems a bit roundabout. We're near Indianapolis, so I figure it will be very  soon...

• Like 1

Just now, IndyKid said:

That's interesting that they sent them all the way to a suburb of Chicago then all the way back to California, then to Arizona. Seems a bit roundabout. We're near Indianapolis, so I figure it will be very  soon...

The last ones I've gotten have come from Carson CA and those on the east coast got them from a central location on that side of the country (maybe New Jersey??).  Seems like it's a new deal to ship them all to Bensenville and then use 4PX EXPRESS USA to get them to one of the post office locations they are using.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

The last ones I've gotten have come from Carson CA and those on the east coast got them from a central location on that side of the country (maybe New Jersey??).  Seems like it's a new deal to ship them all to Bensenville and then use 4PX EXPRESS USA to get them to one of the post office locations they are using.

I just got a text update from USPS, it says the package has arrived at the LA distribution facility?  🤔

Edited by IndyKid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Only recently able to order the medallions here in Canada very surprised that they arrived within 3 or 4 days after notification emails they had been shipped.

Interesting. Yes Medallions to Canada is new territory. I received notice that my Medallions were shipped a couple of days ago (Saturday) and today I have a notice of delivery from UPS for Tuesday. I thought it was spam as I've ordered nothing and the only other thing it could be besides spam would be the Medallion.  But that would be a 4 day turnaround, and not realistic from what I've read on these boards.  Supposedly this "item" is from SAIN Store. I triesd googling it but got nothing. If it's the Medallions, I'll let you all know.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

I just got a text update from USPS, it says the package has arrived at the LA distribution facility?  🤔

Maybe the new shipping deal involves routing everything for US customers to the LA USPS distribution facility?  Very odd but who knows why they do what they do.

On 11/20/2023 at 4:29 PM, cjpj said:

Interesting. Yes Medallions to Canada is new territory. I received notice that my Medallions were shipped a couple of days ago (Saturday) and today I have a notice of delivery from UPS for Tuesday. I thought it was spam as I've ordered nothing and the only other thing it could be besides spam would be the Medallion.  But that would be a 4 day turnaround, and not realistic from what I've read on these boards.  Supposedly this "item" is from SAIN Store. I triesd googling it but got nothing. If it's the Medallions, I'll let you all know.

The only notification I received was from Princess, and our medallions arrived a couple days later.  Here in BC I was unable to track them through UPS which is ok since they arrived by Canada Post.

• Like 1

@azbirdmomand @IndyKid

I’ve received items from 4PX USA Express.  It is a Chinese shipping company.  The items did come directly from China.   Can’t remember if Bensenville was a shipping stop.  I also don’t remember if it was medallions or Amazon(more likely)  I do live in California.  

Upon googling Bensenville, I discovered it is very close to ORD, in fact that is its “claim to fame”.  These are my thoughts.   So @azbirdmom ‘s medallions were shipped air freight to ORD from outside the US, probably on the next available flight to the US; then shipped(air or maybe even ground), to a Los Angeles to a USPS distribution center.  This is about cost(for Princess) and efficiency(for 4PX express). USPS will make the final delivery.  It may not make sense to us, but does for the parties involved.  

@IndyKid I Would be interested to see the routing on your medallions. This topic is interesting.  But it also means I  probably order too much stuff online.  LOL. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:09 AM, milolii said:

@azbirdmomand @IndyKid

@azbirdmom 

@IndyKid I Would be interested to see the routing on your medallions. This topic is interesting.  But it also means I  probably order too much stuff online.  LOL. 

China - Los Angeles -Moreno Valley CA - Chicago O'Hare - Indianapolis - Noblesville IN.