LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Finally made it to world class bar. Our favorite. A little different on E class in that it’s tucked away in the corner as opposed to S class where it’s in the open near the shops. We seem to be enjoying this one for different reasons… more intimate but not as much people watching. I love that we can hear the live music coming from the martini bar below. 

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

Could you please post pics of the menu? 

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Finally made it to world class bar. Our favorite. A little different on E class in that it’s tucked away in the corner as opposed to S class where it’s in the open near the shops. We seem to be enjoying this one for different reasons… more intimate but not as much people watching. I love that we can hear the live music coming from the martini bar below. 

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

Celebrity 10 and an Apple Pie?

• Like 1

Geeezzz...I turn my back for a couple days (DW was in the hospital...she's fine now at home...) and the thread explodes!  But I'm caught up now...lol.

So happy there was no drama for you this time!!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

Geeezzz...I turn my back for a couple days (DW was in the hospital...she's fine now at home...) and the thread explodes!  But I'm caught up now...lol.

So happy there was no drama for you this time!!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Oh no!  So sorry about DW. Glad all is well. My best to DW for a speedy recovery. Hospital is no fun. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

What is best way to get from FLL hotel to ship on Sunday ? Sounds like there are possible issues w Uber?

We usually Uber. However, Uber prices are supply driven so a taxi is occasionally cheaper. The last time we used Uber in October the driver spoke no English. We were on Princess and at the pier outside security so it wasn’t too bad, but it was a bit of a challenge. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

What is best way to get from FLL hotel to ship on Sunday ? Sounds like there are possible issues w Uber?

what hotel?

some have free or low fare group shuttles..may take awhile to load everyone..but they get into the port nicely..no meter..fixed fee

we  pre order a taxi if  we don't have our car.. we usually stay  close to the port entrance. 

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

We had no problem with Uber. Cost was $12.80 from the Hyatt. When our driver arrived I specifically asked if he was familiar with driving to the cruise terminal. He was. At the terminal he presented his ID and Both DH and me did as well. No issues as long as none of us were carrying a pistol. We weren’t. I would go with Uber. 

• Like 2

I am enjoying your posts immensely, so thank you for sharing your experience with us! Please have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy yourselves! Take time to be present and in the moment. We’re all grateful for you! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Our stateroom…

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6147.jpeg

1st: You look lovely!

2nd: 1st noticed change in stateroom; mirror behind desk is no longer full length but stops at desk height. Does the desk still slide into the dresser? 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Been out all day and just catching up.   Fantastic pictures.   The ship is beautiful.   But no match to the picture of the beautiful @Georgia_Peaches

How exciting to see the Fire Boats sending you off in STYLE.     Only thing you were missing would be streamers throne from the decks...    Wouldn't that be fun from a times past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CardowMD said:

Thanks to all about transport to port. We are at Embassy suites near port, but they are charging $15pp for transport ….we will target using Uber. We snagged an 1130am check in.

early check.in means you may catch the end of the breakfast buffet???

that hotel is one of the closest to the port  so easy peasy! great location!

curious if the planned reno has been completed..or started..They told us last yr they had big plans ahead!

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

1st: You look lovely!

2nd: 1st noticed change in stateroom; mirror behind desk is no longer full length but stops at desk height. Does the desk still slide into the dresser? 

Thank you, kwokpot!

You are very observant!  The mirror is not full length. There is a full length mirror installed on the inside of the closet door. And no, the desk does not slide in. It’s permanently affixed to the wall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been out all day and just catching up.   Fantastic pictures.   The ship is beautiful.   But no match to the picture of the beautiful @Georgia_Peaches

How exciting to see the Fire Boats sending you off in STYLE.     Only thing you were missing would be streamers throne from the decks...    Wouldn't that be fun from a times past.

Thanks Jim!  The fire boats were spectacular!  They did 360 turns and sprayed water into the air in the shape of an X. All boat traffic was stopped while we made our grand exit. Lots of fun!

• Like 11

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Yesterday’s embarkation was truly one for the record books. I came into this cruise not really knowing what to expect but we have been thrilled with our experience on the brand new Ascent!

After getting somewhat acquainted with the layout of the ship we headed to Raw on 5 for embarkation lunch. We were seated by a window which allowed us to people watch as they embarked. Service was on the slow side with almost 30 minutes passing before we placed a food order. However, we enjoyed the food very much. 

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6170.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

After lunch we ventured to deck 14 where the pool was hopping and the drinks were flowing!  Carts of iced beer and soft drinks were being ushered around the pool area making lines at the actual bars move more efficiently than I have seen in the past. 

We spent some time at the sunset bar which is very well done with seating along the aft of the ship in various places making great conversation areas. My phone was on the charger during this time so darn, we will have to go back for pics!

• Like 10