My View: A Symphony of Gratitude (Live Thanksgiving Week)

APDMOM

After dinner entertainment in the pub:  

I am hesitant to post this, because we love our space in the pub and it is packed every night... Pablo is excellent!  Most of the songs he performs are better than the original.  Amazing talent!!  He sings a lot of 70's and 80's songs.

IMG_20202.thumb.JPG.44dbb4bd3086d2425b9c35d6bc7085c2.JPG

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You will be fine in Curaçao. Nice flat walkways all around the port area and plenty of scenery without leaving the area around the main port. There are also plenty of shops right where the ship docks in Aruba and and easy walk to town.

Thanks so much for the information,\.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, APDMOM said:

I will keep this in mind when I do my review and take pictures of Aruba and Curacao.  Labadee has many 'easy' paths, if you want to get off and just listen to some of the locals make music.  There are also many shaded areas if you want to watch the zipliners and listen to the ocean. 🙂 

Thank you for this.  We're very familiar with Labadee, been there many times. May or may not get off.

On 11/20/2023 at 4:58 AM, mugtech said:

Going green, what they mean is they are cutting expenses, keeping more of the green we give them  I cruise to escape the online nonsense, if there are no cruise compases in print on my next cruise, somebody gonna get an earful. 

Guest relations have a scaled back printed version. If your in a suite they will provide in cabin if you ask.  We prefer paper also. 

On 11/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, h20skibum said:

It does work, and as a bonus, we get the Spanish version too.

Beautiful shot of the half moon.  What camera are you using for that?

It is the Nikon P900... I really want to upgrade but this one is still so good, I can't justify it.  😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SConnolly said:

Enjoying your posts. Happy Thanksgiving

Do you have a picture on the shows at a glance Flyer. 

Thanks in advance 

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

There is a copy in the cruise compass pdf posted in post 129. 

Thanks @h20skibum!  I did not even know it posted with the PDF version. @SConnolly, that is probably the most clear version of the shows, since the photos seem to be posting at a lower quality than the originals.  

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I am falling behind 😄  We had such amazing days in Aruba and Curaçao that I have not had much time to organize pictures.  

The good news is, we have 2 sea days ahead and I will have time to 'catch up' some.

Reminder:  With only 2 days to go, please post your requests as soon as possible so that I can try to find answers and/or take requested pictures for you.  

My View: Day 4 - At sea:

Grateful for a healthy body that can walk-run on the track, and catch the sunrise...  I read somewhere, "Exercise is an expression of gratitude for what your body can do."

IMG_2066.thumb.JPG.c56af1ef5f9059ae4baabe4b952a6ee0.JPG

• Like 7

TIP: Don't miss the campfire cookie at Playmakers.  When I saw reviews that this is a "MUST HAVE", I did not believe it.  Now I do!  It really is delicious.  DS and I will share another one soon!

IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.4d2ef680c41ff70d9b5fea275a5569f6.JPG

• Like 6

TIP: If you have mobility challenges and you want to go to the lower deck of the Solarium, there is a wheelchair ramp with a very slight angle to enter safely - leading directly to the lower deck of the Solarium.  This is also where you can go out on the 'wings' over the bridge (I will get a better photo of the 'wings' later:

Deck 14 forward (either side will work - starboard and port have the same):

IMG_2060.thumb.JPG.5973a7c08cd5f54275a8a0d2f0c559d6.JPG

Slight ramp with railings:

IMG_2061.thumb.JPG.e63356a78abc1eaa1adb9490d508fe84.JPG

Automatic sliding door:

IMG_2062.thumb.JPG.005992b917187f241c7e1b05b64affbd.JPG

View of the bridge wing from deck 15 - I will take better view pictures to post later this week:

IMG_2064.thumb.JPG.dd9e166a93e2f08cd1dd5e49adea8c51.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A few Ship Views: The Dunes and Ultimate Abyss:

IMG_1820.thumb.JPG.288cfed90fa0c1dba6fbcd8db4c27cb3.JPG

IMG_1821.thumb.JPG.ef57112dacc9ae16e6ec7a76185882de.JPG

IMG_1825.thumb.JPG.32bb263b4b6310d43f3c331a58b66de9.JPG

IMG_1823.thumb.JPG.3434efa8d67108bd6b87fb1010dc75b0.JPG

IMG_1824.thumb.JPG.fe38eaa40d138e3fd507744fb190ed8f.JPG

TIP:  There is nice seating by the flow riders that look out on the aft wake also - just at a much higher angle.  Also, the Wipeout Bar is not near as busy as the pool bars.  There is also wheelchair access to this area (up a ramp on Starboard/right side of the ship):

IMG_1826.thumb.JPG.dede926f2f6262fd758323a9bc4f78c0.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, APDMOM said:

My View: Day 4 - At sea:

Grateful for a healthy body that can walk-run on the track, and catch the sunrise...  I read somewhere, "Exercise is an expression of gratitude for what your body can do."

IMG_2066.thumb.JPG.c56af1ef5f9059ae4baabe4b952a6ee0.JPG

I absolutely love that! I’m going to steal it and use it to motivate me when I start feeling too lazy and don’t want to do my planned workout. Those lazy moments don’t happen often, but when they do I’m sure repeating that one sentence will get me up and moving with a smile ever single time! 

Love the picture, too! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, APDMOM said:

TIP: Don't miss the campfire cookie at Playmakers.  When I saw reviews that this is a "MUST HAVE", I did not believe it.  Now I do!  It really is delicious.  DS and I will share another one soon!

IMG_2058.thumb.JPG.4d2ef680c41ff70d9b5fea275a5569f6.JPG

I meant to try this on Odyssey in May last year and never got round to it. I'm going to make a point of it this time on Symphony. 😋

• Like 2