My View: A Symphony of Gratitude (Live Thanksgiving Week)

APDMOM

Thanks for your LIVE.  I was O so missing her last week.  We just got off the Carnival Breeze. It just made me remember how much I enjoyed the Symphony in 2022. The oasis class is my all time favorite class of cruise ship. 

I'm grateful for my Mom. My dad passed last summer. So now my Mom gets extra hugs, time and kisses. 

Edited by cynt
  • Like 7

TIP: If you need to do anything at guest services, go early in the morning.  We went about 7:45 and did not have to wait in line at all.

TIP: If you have old WOW bands, bring them along.  They will reactivate them for free.  (Unlike on MSC where you have to buy a new band every time.

image.thumb.jpeg.694cbe07d869350b0bc10efea16ad6f0.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cynt said:

Thanks for your LIVE.  I was O so missing her last week.  We just got off the Carnival Breeze. It just made me remember how much I enjoyed the Symphony in 2022. The oasis class is my all time favorite class of cruise ship. 

Oasis class is still our favorite too!  We are booked on Carnival Horizon for next March... Did not think we would cruise Carnival again, but the price was right and the itinerary includes Aruba and Curacao again! 🙂 

• Like 3

Top Tier Event:

This morning's adventures included the "Top Tier Event" in the Aqua Theater.  It was not very well attended, but I had fun... except for my clumsy moment when my purse knocked over my glass of Mimosa and broke it.  (This is not the first time a champagne flute was a casuatly of my clumsiness at a Top Tier Event.  I definitely need supervision 🙈)

IMG_1670.thumb.JPG.49100df5af0ef5af02f7f3e59f07bd9c.JPG

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.4697d49100eeb94f61ba81e82ae04dfb.JPG

IMG_1672.thumb.JPG.77a899c97d6c15fe6d416356a524b77f.JPG

IMG_1675.thumb.JPG.3f6678acee9bfdcd5582532599f612b4.JPG

• Like 12

1 hour ago, APDMOM said:

This morning's adventures included the "Top Tier Event" in the Aqua Theater.  It was not very well attended, but I had fun...

If you think that's not well attended... I was on the Symphony Med Cruise in October and the Top Tier event was held in Dazzles.  No acrobats there, maybe about 25 people in total.  Clearly not as many C&A folks on European cruises.  However, there was a lot more champagne to go around 😄

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

If you think that's not well attended... I was on the Symphony Med Cruise in October and the Top Tier event was held in Dazzles.  No acrobats there, maybe about 25 people in total.  Clearly not as many C&A folks on European cruises.  However, there was a lot more champagne to go around 😄

Many people do not attend these functions anymore. Regardless of cruise line, they are basically for those who want a free drink.

It's more of a sales pitch. JMHO! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Top Tier Event:

This morning's adventures included the "Top Tier Event" in the Aqua Theater.  It was not very well attended, but I had fun... except for my clumsy moment when my purse knocked over my glass of Mimosa and broke it.  (This is not the first time a champagne flute was a casuatly of my clumsiness at a Top Tier Event.  I definitely need supervision 🙈)

IMG_1670.thumb.JPG.49100df5af0ef5af02f7f3e59f07bd9c.JPG

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.4697d49100eeb94f61ba81e82ae04dfb.JPG

IMG_1672.thumb.JPG.77a899c97d6c15fe6d416356a524b77f.JPG

IMG_1675.thumb.JPG.3f6678acee9bfdcd5582532599f612b4.JPG

Did they do a mini dive show for you folks?

4 hours ago, APDMOM said:

TIP: If you need to do anything at guest services, go early in the morning.  We went about 7:45 and did not have to wait in line at all.

TIP: If you have old WOW bands, bring them along.  They will reactivate them for free.  (Unlike on MSC where you have to buy a new band every time.

image.thumb.jpeg.694cbe07d869350b0bc10efea16ad6f0.jpeg

How much does a new WOW band cost?

10 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Morning Walk: 

My goal this week is to get 30,000 steps per day.  I started off with a good 8,000 steps through random venues, up and down stairs.  Walk with me...

It’s great to see you here on the RCCL board again APDMOM! I keep telling myself to go look for you on some of the other cruise line boards but haven’t managed to do that yet. 

After reading your steps per day goal, I am very impressed with your goal. I’m also very grateful for my surgically repaired legs that I’m still able to walk on, although I’m sure they would balk if I asked them to do 30,000 steps per day! 😱  I walked 15,000 on Friday at the end of what was already a busy week and my legs are still screaming at me two days later. 

18 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Yes, it works!

TIP: You can indeed see the PDF version of the Cruise Compass with that link above.  There is also a QR code in your cabin and around the ship that will link to the PDF version.  

image.thumb.jpeg.0907b72b5cdb84b3a83db0c382648dc2.jpeg

I discovered it this morning in the diamond lounge, so I missed yesterday's CC... took screen shots from the app only.

Can you ask your cabin steward for paper copies of the Cruise Compass - or still get one somewhere on the ship? I really prefer a hard copy if I can get one. Thanks!

19 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Yes, it works!

TIP: You can indeed see the PDF version of the Cruise Compass with that link above.  There is also a QR code in your cabin and around the ship that will link to the PDF version.  

image.thumb.jpeg.0907b72b5cdb84b3a83db0c382648dc2.jpeg

I discovered it this morning in the diamond lounge, so I missed yesterday's CC... took screen shots from the app only.

Going green, what they mean is they are cutting expenses, keeping more of the green we give them  I cruise to escape the online nonsense, if there are no cruise compases in print on my next cruise, somebody gonna get an earful. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Morning Walk: 

My goal this week is to get 30,000 steps per day.  I started off with a good 8,000 steps through random venues, up and down stairs.  Walk with me...

30,000 steps/day is quite a goal!  The walking track is one of the most attractive features for my wife and me on the Oasis class ships.  I wish you success in meeting and surpassing your goal!  Walk a few laps for me!

God bless!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, APDMOM said:

In case you are watching the webcam… Sailaway is quite delayed - they are still loading luggage and pallets of supplies:

IMG_1510.thumb.jpeg.23933aaf79d3b6ea16919873dfafb397.jpeg

We love watching the sail aways. We are booked on the Jan. 27th sailing. I'm excited for Aruba and Curacao. This will be our first visit to each of the ports. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:21 AM, APDMOM said:

You are right!  I did not realize I posted the older itinerary.  We are going to Labadee first (tomorrow), then Aruba, then Curacao.  🙂 

I just checked our itinerary. I has also changed, however Labadee is not listed. 

19 hours ago, asctony said:

Many people do not attend these functions anymore. Regardless of cruise line, they are basically for those who want a free drink.

It's more of a sales pitch. JMHO! 

😄  I thought the same thing.  Those of us who don't buy a drinks package enjoy the Mimosa (if we don't break the glass LOL!). 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

How much does a new WOW band cost?

The current price is $10 per band, and you can pick them up at guest services.

We brought our old WOW bands from 2019 and they activated them for free.

Edited by APDMOM
Add updated price
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kelrote said:

Can you ask your cabin steward for paper copies of the Cruise Compass - or still get one somewhere on the ship? I really prefer a hard copy if I can get one. Thanks!

I will find out if any are already printed for pick-up somewhere.  I know guest services will print stuff for you - like the staff member profiles, so that is one way to get them

6 hours ago, LEMJMcC said:

30,000 steps/day is quite a goal!  The walking track is one of the most attractive features for my wife and me on the Oasis class ships.  I wish you success in meeting and surpassing your goal!  Walk a few laps for me!

God bless!

Thank you!

I barely made it yesterday!  The last 600 steps were completed in the cabin, marching up and down between the bed and door.  🤣  DH asked why I don't just change my goal to 29,000... After 23 years he is still trying to change me...LOL!  By grace, overachievers change too - just one small step at a time over a VERY long period of time.  At least, I have accepted that I did not marry a fellow-overachiever.

IMG_1984.thumb.jpg.6e5d07b68f6830396ca9c8007079501a.jpg

• Like 5

Sea day views from our balcony...

TIP (and request):  When you take videos or photos of your balcony cabin to be helpful to fellow cruise addicts, remember to take video of the views forward, aft, and directly down.  On some ship classes, the view down can be blocked and it is helpful to know wher the 'break' between lifeboats is, if there is such an option.  🙂 

The View Forward:IMG_1734.thumb.JPG.6588f7136463751a825f7517000b2217.JPG

The View Aft:

IMG_1735.thumb.JPG.89aef38090dde8248f7c6f72110a415d.JPG

The View Directly Down:

IMG_1736.thumb.JPG.61fa4f61ea3c817e7adf590b23519360.JPG

• Like 8

TIP:  When it gets too sunny on your balcony, this is the BEST view and space on Oasis class ships (IMHO) - Aft on deck 5 by the jogging track.  There are comfy chairs and the only sound you hear is the wake of the ship and the occasional jogger passing by (No blasting 'music' 🤪)

IMG_1701.thumb.JPG.14f7a90e5dc3f03592e035c5e16051a2.JPG

• Like 11