Go Green Program

NJ Gal

One piece of advice is to make sure that your name is actually on the list on day one of the cruise because you can’t sign up for the program partway through the cruise. Even though you may sign up pre-cruise online, confirm it at guest relations who can check to see if your name is on the list that is sent to the housekeeping department

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

One piece of advice is to make sure that your name is actually on the list on day one of the cruise because you can’t sign up for the program partway through the cruise. Even though you may sign up pre-cruise online, confirm it at guest relations who can check to see if your name is on the list that is sent to the housekeeping department

You can check with your stateroom attendant too who you usually meet the first day/evening.  Guest Services can be slammed

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Any one in a Sky Suite recently sign up for this?  We've only sailed in suites since the program was introduced and am wondering if it's any different for Retreat guest.

I've shared our experience on other threads about this, as well, but we've used the "green" program on our last two Celebrity cruises, both at Retreat level. We have another one booked in May 2024 and will "go green" then, as well.

At this level, all you actually give up is the second room cleaning each day. We found this preferable because we don't tend to make a pigsty of the place 🐷 , and we tend to leave for the day/arrive for the evening/night at widely disparate times. Thus, a second cleaning would likely prove A) unnecessary and/or B) inconvenient for us when we wanted to return.

That said, going "green" does not affect your turn-down service, if that matters to you. (I don't care for that.) Moreover, even if you hang up your towel(s) to dry, the staff always replace it anyway. Just "programmed" into their thinking, I suspect.

I do appreciate the additional CC points I receive for participating, but even if Celebrity didn't do that, I'd still "go green" for the reasons I've stated.

cjr

7 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Any one in a Sky Suite recently sign up for this?  We've only sailed in suites since the program was introduced and am wondering if it's any different for Retreat guest.

I’ve been in Sky Suites twice this year and signed up both times. We got 8 extra CC points and our cabin was tidied twice a day and towels were replaced.