Flights by Celebrity

read2learn

In order to use their flights do you have to book your cruise thru Celebrity?

I made my booking with an agency and when I try to select flight it doesn't work. I think I may know the answer and I am already mad at myseld for not using Celebrity.  🙄

4 minutes ago, read2learn said:

I made my booking with an agency and when I try to select flight it doesn't work. I think I may know the answer and I am already mad at myseld for not using Celebrity.  🙄

No, 

59 minutes ago, read2learn said:

In order to use their flights do you have to book your cruise thru Celebrity?....

Not in my experience. But I have not used FBC in the last few years because their 

Prices have been equal to or greater than those found on airline sites.

Yes. It shows the date of departure but since I am sailing from Athens I need to go a day earlier . The flights show up but when I hit select nothing happens. The penalties for changing or cancelling appear better than the individual airlines. Thanks for the responding!

7 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Yes. It shows the date of departure but since I am sailing from Athens I need to go a day earlier . The flights show up but when I hit select nothing happens. The penalties for changing or cancelling appear better than the individual airlines. Thanks for the responding!

Try a different browser so if you're using Edge, try Chrome, etc

Assuming you don't book the BASIC fare or an ultra-low carrier like Spirit, most airlines do not charge change fees nowadays.  FBC does charge a fee for a change after final payment

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Try a different browser so if you're using Edge, try Chrome, etc

Assuming you don't book the BASIC fare or an ultra-low carrier like Spirit, most airlines do not charge change fees nowadays.  FBC does charge a fee for a change after final payment

Switching to Chrome solved the probem! Thanks!

All of the airlines that I checked for flights to Athens are nonrefundable or you just get credit for future flights if cancelled. Since it is a a fairly expensive flight I wanted to have better options and Flights By Celebrity offers that. 

Just now, SFCAcruiser said:

Not in my experience. But I have not used FBC in the last few years because their 

Prices have been equal to or greater than those found on airline sites.

I miss their $200 off specials if I book though them within 3weeks of booking cruise. Got my JetBlue flight for $1!

Haven't seen that post covid :(

Edited by fstuff1

37 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

That's a very U.S.-centric view. Most airlines worldwide still charge change fees.

If you're countering my statement, you believe globally, 51% of airlines charge change fees on non-BASIC fares, that aren't ultra-low-cost carriers?  You're in Canada, Canada Airlines does charge change fees on their non-BASIC fares but United, American, Delta, Jetblue, Alaska, etc all fly to Canada and do not charge change fees for example

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, read2learn said:

Switching to Chrome solved the probem! Thanks!

All of the airlines that I checked for flights to Athens are nonrefundable or you just get credit for future flights if cancelled. Since it is a a fairly expensive flight I wanted to have better options and Flights By Celebrity offers that. 

Glad it worked!  There are pros with flights by celebrity but they will charge a change fee after final payment even if the airline doesn't charge so that aspect is a con for some people.  As I'm sure you know, a change fee is an entirely different animal than a fully refundable ticket 🙂

32 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

I miss their $200 off specials if I book though them within 3weeks of booking cruise. Got my JetBlue flight for $1!

Haven't seen that post covid 😞

Yeah, that's when they come in handy when they have $XXX off specials.  Just curious, how do you get notified when there are offers?  I'm hoping the answer isn't that the offer is buried in one of the four daily emails Celebrity sends me (lol)

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yeah, that's when they come in handy when they have $XXX off specials.  Just curious, how do you get notified when there are offers?  I'm hoping the answer isn't that the offer is buried in one of the four daily emails Celebrity sends me (lol)

I just mock book a flight shortly after I book.

But I've stopped doing that  because it's been a waste of my time 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Glad it worked!  There are pros with flights by celebrity but they will charge a change fee after final payment even if the airline doesn't charge so that aspect is a con for some people.  As I'm sure you know, a change fee is an entirely different animal than a fully refundable ticket 🙂

Do you know if United has change fees for domestic flights? I might  need to change one way flight next month (not basic fare)

29 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Do you know if United has change fees for domestic flights? I might  need to change one way flight next month (not basic fare)

No change fee, you can go into manage trip, select change, select your cities and date(s) then it'll show you the fare difference.  If the new flight is cheaper you'll receive a future flight credit for the difference

• Like 1

We have a flight in 2025 from U.S. to Amsterdam and will be booking our flights thru Celebrity for the first time.  When I booked the cruise I was told that I can book our  flight 300-320 days out from the cruise.  Once the flight is booked how responsive has your experience been if you have to call with more flight questions ?  If you run into a problem while traveling do you contact Celebrity and is there a hassle to reach them ?

5 hours ago, 563toM said:

We have a flight in 2025 from U.S. to Amsterdam and will be booking our flights thru Celebrity for the first time.  When I booked the cruise I was told that I can book our  flight 300-320 days out from the cruise.  Once the flight is booked how responsive has your experience been if you have to call with more flight questions ?  If you run into a problem while traveling do you contact Celebrity and is there a hassle to reach them ?

We did flights by celebrity pre COVID and had some issues with a short layover which caused us to miss our connecting flight, but as promised we were booked on a new flight and had our hotel covered.

Recently, we booked with FBC and had to cancel our trip at the last minute due to a medical emergency,we received our money back minus the $200 within 30 days.

7 minutes ago, Nancycat said:

We did flights by celebrity pre COVID and had some issues with a short layover which caused us to miss our connecting flight, but as promised we were booked on a new flight and had our hotel covered.

Recently, we booked with FBC and had to cancel our trip at the last minute due to a medical emergency,we received our money back minus the $200 within 30 days.

It's nice to hear that I can book the airfare and Celebrity will make it right if something goes awry.  We will be flying in a few days early so will have plenty of a buffer.  

1 minute ago, 563toM said:

It's nice to hear that I can book the airfare and Celebrity will make it right if something goes awry.  We will be flying in a few days early so will have plenty of a buffer.  

I also liked not having to pay until final payment,I kept my eye on flights in case I found a better deal

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nancycat said:

I also liked not having to pay until final payment,I kept my eye on flights in case I found a better deal

Oh, so if you find a better deal then Celebrity will allow changes to another airline even ?  This seems perfect as we only booked it once with RC and we were not impressed.  RC picked the airline and would only book Economy.  We had to contact the airline directly to upgrade and pay more.  The hotel they offered in Barcelona was nice but we waited in the lobby for pickup for over 2 hours before the transport arrived for about 35 of us.

21 hours ago, 563toM said:

Oh, so if you find a better deal then Celebrity will allow changes to another airline even ?  This seems perfect as we only booked it once with RC and we were not impressed.  RC picked the airline and would only book Economy.  We had to contact the airline directly to upgrade and pay more.  The hotel they offered in Barcelona was nice but we waited in the lobby for pickup for over 2 hours before the transport arrived for about 35 of us.

On air by Celebrity I was able to choose whatever airline I wanted and also business class

no if I find a better deal before final payment I just cancel the FBC

• Thanks 1

You can change airllines, schedules, class of seats, etc. any time with Flights by Celebrity. Just call and make the changes. There is no charge until you have made final payment. That is why you should always wait until final payment is required and not in advance. . 

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, read2learn said:

Agency bookings can absolutely use flights by celebrity. If you have trouble you may need your agent to log in and do it on their end. You can try calling but my guess is they won’t talk to you. 

I am assuming the booking is not too far out? I believe 330 or so days is the cutoff so if it’s a late 2024 or 2025 booking you would have to wait until it gets closer.