Is the Santa Fe MDR on Sapphire open to all guests or only CC?

Carnevale

We will be on the Sapphire and in setting up our dinner reservations I was able to book in the Santa Fe MDR even though we are booked in a regular balcony stateroom. I was surprised that I make this reservation as I thought this MDR was just for CC, mini suite and suite passengers. Has this changed so that all guests can use this MDR now? Or is the app doing something it shouldn't? The latter would not be a surprise as it hasn't been working well today (I'm wondering if there's so much activity due to Black Friday sales that the system is having trouble handling it).

Has anyone else who isn't a CC or above passenger been able to book and eat in the Santa Fe MDR on Sapphire?

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

On the Sapphire - Santa Fe was Club Class only. Maybe things have changed.

The Sapphire and Diamond Princess is different in that it has smaller dining rooms.

Still usually on grand class ships there are only 40 or so tables in club class how small is the dining room and how many suites are on the ship ?

1 hour ago, Carnevale said:

We will be on the Sapphire and in setting up our dinner reservations I was able to book in the Santa Fe MDR even though we are booked in a regular balcony stateroom. I was surprised that I make this reservation as I thought this MDR was just for CC, mini suite and suite passengers. Has this changed so that all guests can use this MDR now? Or is the app doing something it shouldn't? The latter would not be a surprise as it hasn't been working well today (I'm wondering if there's so much activity due to Black Friday sales that the system is having trouble handling it).

Has anyone else who isn't a CC or above passenger been able to book and eat in the Santa Fe MDR on Sapphire?

I was on the Sapphire this past July. Only a portion of Santa Fe dining room is used for Reserve Class. Non Reserve Class passengers are allowed to dine in this venue which will be the same menu as all the other MDRs on the ship.

I believe the new Sun and Star will have a dining room explicitly ONLY for Suites, not sure if Reserve Class will have entry to this Suites only venue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wallyj said:

I was on the Sapphire this past July. Only a portion of Santa Fe dining room is used for Reserve Class. Non Reserve Class passengers are allowed to dine in this venue which will be the same menu as all the other MDRs on the ship.

I believe the new Sun and Star will have a dining room explicitly ONLY for Suites, not sure if Reserve Class will have entry to this Suites only venue.

Thanks - got scared off by the sign.

sapphire.jpg

11 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks - got scared off by the sign.

sapphire.jpg

Sapphire and Diamond are unique because there is only one entrance to the Santa Fe /Reserve class dining room, opposed to most other Princess ships that will have a Reserve class entrance AND a separate non reserved class entrance which are usually the port or starboard side entrances for these venues for those not familiar with Princess.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I can confirm as of last month when on the Sapphire we ate in the Santa Fe each night and not in reserve collection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

Sapphire and Diamond are unique because there is only one entrance to the Santa Fe /Reserve class dining room, opposed to most other Princess ships that will have a Reserve class entrance AND a separate non reserved class entrance which are usually the port or starboard side entrances for these venues for those not familiar with Princess.

Yeah...I think you're right...it's going to be either the port or starboard side!😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Many thanks for all of these replies.  It will be fun to try the different MDR options including the Santa Fe.

For those who have been on Sapphire recently, which did you like best and why?

Sadly - the menu is the same. It is just the decor that is different.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

All ships I am aware of have a "Club Class" - or "Reserve Class" now - sign to indicate where those folks should enter.  Otherwise it would have said "Club Class Only" IMO.

These are the only 2 ships that have the entrance to Club Class the same as regular people. On other ships I have been on, the entrance for Club Class is reserved for only Club Class individuals only.

When I was on the Sapphire - they were telling people at the door it was for Club Class only. Maybe at that moment, the dining room was full. I had to think back to this after I posted yesterday.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

These are the only 2 ships that have the entrance to Club Class the same as regular people. On other ships I have been on, the entrance for Club Class is reserved for only Club Class individuals only.

When I was on the Sapphire - they were telling people at the door it was for Club Class only. Maybe at that moment, the dining room was full. I had to think back to this after I posted yesterday.

We often see people trying to talk their way into club class dining room because they don’t want to wait for a table and they see tables empty in club class. On the Criwn they actually had a sign outside the club class entrance pointing to the other side labeled DaVinci

44 minutes ago, memoak said:

We often see people trying to talk their way into club class dining room because they don’t want to wait for a table and they see tables empty in club class. On the Criwn they actually had a sign outside the club class entrance pointing to the other side labeled DaVinci

I saw that as well.