Suite lounge should be renamed Pinnacle lounge on harmony

George C

35 minutes ago, doghog said:

Talk about judging.

We always have and will still enjoyed the CL for our HH.  

You two being in the lounge when we cruise with you....makes it a pleasure to be in there for us, and is really the only time we use it.  🙂  Such great times we had cruising with you and Kathy...hope it happens again!  And we are starting to try Celebrity!  

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

I also, have a B2B for Alaska booked.   Rebook of what was cancelled a couple of years ago due to Covid.  

Radiance Seward to Vancouver and back.  Love that route...this will be 5th time.  🥰  Not sure if we will do PR cruises again...starting to be too much "been there...done that".   

Having done Alaska three times I still want to return.  IMO I think there is more to do in Alaska than the Caribbean.  That said, I still love to sit on the beach.

If given my choice I'd love to do an Alaska B2B but put a week in-between the two sailings. Sail up from Vancouver to Seward.  Then get off the ship and adventure in Alaska on my own.  Then return to the ship 7 days later and sail back down from Seward to Vancouver.  I think this would be a great journey.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Having done Alaska three times I still want to return.  IMO I think there is more to do in Alaska than the Caribbean.  That said, I still love to sit on the beach.

If given my choice I'd love to do an Alaska B2B but put a week in-between the two sailings. Sail up from Vancouver to Seward.  Then get off the ship and adventure in Alaska on my own.  Then return to the ship 7 days later and sail back down from Seward to Vancouver.  I think this would be a great journey.

When our B2B Radiance cruise was cancelled in 2020, we still went to Alaska.  I simply replaced the 2 week cruise with a stay in cabin in Homer.   We also kept the self tour we had planned for the 10 days prior to the doomed cruise that took us over the Arctic circle, and Denali.  

Like you....we adore Alaska.  🥰  Will be renting a car in Seward when we disembark, and do 2-3 weeks near Homer again post cruise.  

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 7:51 AM, George C said:

Suite lounge wasn’t that busy last night we had two of the 5 bar seats again . Definitely prefer suite lounge on oasis and allure over harmony. Yesterday we were docked by a MSc and a German cruise ship. 

Hahahaha. I saw a post that a gentleman on the german ship was nude people were eyeing. Harmony has been a adventure and a half. Interesting. I guess that's what is meant by a all adult cruise? Even parked next to one that has kids. Still havent met up with you. Hope you are enjoying. 

• Like 1

11:35 am I'm in the crown lounge and still almost every seat is filled. I took pictures but I guess inappropriate to post as people can be recognized.. but it's still busy pushing noon. 

I'll post the numbers for the next 2 weeks from top tier. .. see if they go up or down. The message is already on the app for a month no diamonds for these 3 weeks. 5 to 8 pm. 

Rcl should be like carnival and quit matching status. Imo. 

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Odyssey TA October this year. Getting coffee in the morning was an experience

image.thumb.jpeg.fd19c7f14f93e547d16c25b9ee4c98f8.jpeg

60% of the ship is going on with expectations of being able to have lounge access.  This is not ideal for the cruise line or passengers. 

5 minutes ago, George C said:

More than 60 percent since suites aren’t counted 

There were over 4100 total passengers on the ship. We only went to the DL HH once during the cruise.  Like others, we like going to the bars (Schooner mostly) to get drinks and since we had early dining, we didn’t want to go to DL to get tempted to eat snacks before.

the only snag for most was getting coffee in the morning.  They opened up 3 other ways to get coffee and still had huge lines. We just got there early enough and a couple of times went to the other places. They gave us all a coffee voucher to our seapass every day and the guy in Cafe 270 was giving us the real large cup because he said since we were D+ we could get it…..that sounded odd to me, but I didn’t argue 😁

image.png

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

They gave us all a coffee voucher to our seapass every day and the guy in Cafe 270 was giving us the real large cup because he said since we were D+ we could get it…..that sounded odd to me, but I didn’t argue 😁

We were able to get anything we wanted at Anthem WJ.  Got Iced Latte a few times.  Got Mocha Frappuccino a few times.  🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

The OP started it!  😁

Not questioning anyone. My point is what difference does it make to me or you?

I cruise to cruise and enjoy my time on a ship. I could care less if there are x number of xyzs. I cruise enough on various cruise lines are have status on them, too. 

Happy Cruising!!

15 minutes ago, asctony said:

Does it really matter how many of each category are on the ship when you sail?

We have beaten this to death. Enjoy your perks and let others enjoy theirs and their status. 

Happy Cruising!

Well I disagree if it affects MY cruise. I'm a lowly D+. Many assumed our cheers with a officer was lunch, day 3 and booked restaurants accordingly. They moved us mere D+ to day 2, saying too many pinnacles to feed lunch. We had to scramble to move our bookings. Now I have pay restaurants lunch 3, assuming this will be the same next 2 weeks.

If it affects my time wasted to rebook stuff .. it matters to me. I also then changed my mind about chops night 2, if I just had a wonderful steak for lunch the same day. 

If it doesnt matter to YOU great, let those who have been affected this week talk and dont dismiss our feedback saying WE are the ones with the problem. Dont tell others how we should feel. I love harmony just a few things have been a bother.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well I disagree if it affects MY cruise. I'm a lowly D+. Many assumed our cheers with a officer was lunch, day 3 and booked restaurants accordingly. They moved us mere D+ to day 2, saying too many pinnacles to feed lunch. We had to scramble to move our bookings. Now I have pay restaurants lunch 3, assuming this will be the same next 2 weeks.

If it affects my time wasted to rebook stuff .. it matters to me. I also then changed my mind about chops night 2, if I just had a wonderful steak for lunch the same day. 

If it doesnt matter to YOU great, let those who have been affected this week talk and dont dismiss our feedback saying WE are the ones with the problem. Dont tell others how we should feel. I love harmony just a few things have been a bother.

Well I am Diamond +, too. There is always one time or condition that may surface to create a change to something for someone. How, if in any way, did knowing the number of Pins on the ship, help you before the staff made the decision to move the lunch from one day to the other? That was just a time more Pins went on your cruise. Should RCI limit the number of Pins, D+, D, etc.?

SMH, your telling me:

'Dont tell others how we should feel. I love harmony just a few things have been a bother.'

And then you have the right to tell me just what you said to me. LOL Let it go, you still got your free lunch. Was it good?

11 minutes ago, asctony said:

Well I am Diamond +, too. There is always one time or condition that may surface to create a change to something for someone. How, if in any way, did knowing the number of Pins on the ship, help you before the staff made the decision to move the lunch from one day to the other? That was just a time more Pins went on your cruise. Should RCI limit the number of Pins, D+, D, etc.?

SMH, your telling me:

'Dont tell others how we should feel. I love harmony just a few things have been a bother.'

And then you have the right to tell me just what you said to me. LOL Let it go, you still got your free lunch. Was it good?

We knew a month ago about the 30 pinns limit and that diamonds cant be in diamond lounge during happy hour. It's been posted in the welcome aboard banner for a while. 

Moving our lunch we didnt know until we had access to our cabins and read the invites. 

I've already said the lunch for D+ was fabulous. Radiance had been my only other great lunch, a fillet. Even the man next to me said best steak on rcl hes ever had. This time was fillet mignon. 5 of the 6 of us had it and 5 out of 5 of us said fabulous. Everyone's was cooked perfect. Tender. I'm in the fabulous lunch camp. It was wonderful. One lady got ravioli because she went to chops the night before and order rib eye which she said was all fat, not good. So she was afraid to order the steak and missed out. Chops didnt touch this steak it was so good. Loyalty guy said they must have found some special distributor. He heard so many raving reviews.

Chops would be a let down after this lunch. So I'm working izumi and wonderland around .. theynsaid on harmony, unlike allure I can move my 2nd boho night.

The staff has been maybe the best I've ever had. Allure I had issues with searing almost 4 out of 4 times. The mdr floor manager this time obviously cares about people. Nothing but praise.

I'm just saying some of us like to plan ahead. If you dont that's you, not me. But yes the lunch with perfectly cooked fillet mignon. I'm a harmony fan. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I never assume dates until I receive actual invitations.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We knew a month ago about the 30 pinns limit and that diamonds cant be in diamond lounge during happy hour. It's been posted in the welcome aboard banner for a while. 

Moving our lunch we didnt know until we had access to our cabins and read the invites. 

I've already said the lunch for D+ was fabulous. Radiance had been my only other great lunch, a fillet. Even the man next to me said best steak on rcl hes ever had. This time was fillet mignon. 5 of the 6 of us had it and 5 out of 5 of us said fabulous. Everyone's was cooked perfect. Tender. I'm in the fabulous lunch camp. It was wonderful. One lady got ravioli because she went to chops the night before and order rib eye which she said was all fat, not good. So she was afraid to order the steak and missed out. Chops didnt touch this steak it was so good. Loyalty guy said they must have found some special distributor. He heard so many raving reviews.

Chops would be a let down after this lunch. So I'm working izumi and wonderland around .. theynsaid on harmony, unlike allure I can move my 2nd boho night.

The staff has been maybe the best I've ever had. Allure I had issues with searing almost 4 out of 4 times. The mdr floor manager this time obviously cares about people. Nothing but praise.

I'm just saying some of us like to plan ahead. If you dont that's you, not me. But yes the lunch with perfectly cooked fillet mignon. I'm a harmony fan. 

Plan ahead. I only took 9 cruises this year on 4 different cruise lines.

So, yes I do plan ahead.

However, you can not plan ahead for every possible condition. What about those passengers that had Gty cabins sailing out of Australia.

They got to the port and only 2 people out of 13 were allowed on board due to no empty cabins?

I'm glad you got to go to the luncheon and it was good.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I never assume dates until I receive actual invitations.

I know but a lot do rush onboard to book dinner times before they have access to their cabins. Minor I know and diamond guy was busy changing people and staff has been very good. 

I'm also worse as for allure, that rib eye I went and walked out when I saw the menu. I guess I'm a picky eater but I like what I like. Not a big meat eater.

I skipped lunch today to do mini bites ( who named mexican food mini bites lol). Having nachos no meat just the beans and cheese, last day this week chance. 

• Like 1

Symphony, westbound TA, Nov. 29, 2023.

* Daily coffee vouchers given.

* CWO lunch was split to 2 days.

* D+ only, at DL/CL during HH.

* P HH at Dazzles.

* Top 30 P full access to CK.

* P breakfast at Chops.

IMG_0178.jpg

Edited by bonsai3s
Photo added.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:06 PM, Anton said:

I'm another pin who has zero interest in using the suite lounge in the evening.  Those in suites should be able to enjoy their complimentary drinks without tripping over the council of elders. 

I agree! We're close to Pinn status and sail in a full suite. Fortunately, we have the option to visit the SL or using our 5 free drinks at a bar; however, Suites passengers with no C&A status can only get their complimentary drinks perk in the lounge. I remember the old days before the drinks were loaded on your card and not being able to find a seat in the CL...standing room only. It's called a Suite Lounge for a reason...why don't they make a nice Pinn Lounge since so many cruisers have reached that status? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

why don't they make a nice Pinn Lounge since so many cruisers have reached that status? 

Maybe the future of the Crown Lounge is that it will at some time become D+ and Pin. Then eventually it might become the Pin Lounge. Now that it is no longer necessary to make new signs, all RCI has to do is allow access as they choose.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I agree! We're close to Pinn status and sail in a full suite. Fortunately, we have the option to visit the SL or using our 5 free drinks at a bar; however, Suites passengers with no C&A status can only get their complimentary drinks perk in the lounge. I remember the old days before the drinks were loaded on your card and not being able to find a seat in the CL...standing room only. It's called a Suite Lounge for a reason...why don't they make a nice Pinn Lounge since so many cruisers have reached that status? 

I think that was the reason why they changed the name diamond lounge so the crown lounge will be for diamond, diamond + and pinnacles but it will be based on the population of each class per cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe the future of the Crown Lounge is that it will at some time become D+ and Pin. Then eventually it might become the Pin Lounge. Now it is no longer necessary to make new signs. All RCI has to do is allow access as they choose.

Perhaps royal caribbean will again change the point requirement for each class of loyalty to keep the numbers within reason..