Deserts with coconut milk instead of milk?

NMTraveller

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I was just wondering if Celebrity has some deserts that are made with coconut milk instead of milk?  Say for instance a coconut creme Brule?

If you have a medical condition that means you can’t have products containing milk then discuss options with your waiter/M’D.

• Like 1

I am allergic to dairy and they make a special dessert every night that is dairy free.  You have to ask for it as it does not ever appear on a menu.  Sometimes it is something made with an alternative milk like coconut milk. Other times it’s just a naturally dairy free dessert. Often times it is also gluten free so they can serve it to gluten free individuals as well. I don’t recall ever getting a crème brûlée. 

I’ve never made a special request though and just accept whatever they made. You might be able to though if you talk to the Maitre’D the night before. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 3:05 AM, chemmo said:

If you have a medical condition that means you can’t have products containing milk then discuss options with your waiter/M’D.

There is no medical condition.  Just a dietary preference.

Our other dietary preferences besides no milk,  are low sugar and no flour.  I think that would rule out most deserts.

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Our other dietary preferences besides no milk,  are low sugar and no flour.  I think that would rule out most deserts.

I think I would suggest you still discuss it with the M’D…They are always keen to please. If you discuss your preferences the first evening, see what they can offer…

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

DW does milk but no sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc.  They tend to not understand the difference between no sugar and no sugar added.

They make her a standing order of sugar free Chocolate Mouse.  It's just heavy cream, coco powder and Splenda.   They did this on our first cruise after she told waiter no to any deserts.  He insisted to find something she could enjoy.  That was 60+ Celebrity sailings ago.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:08 AM, lv2cruisgrl said:

Unfortunately no, and I have looked for things that are lactose free.  

You need to fill in the Special Needs  form before you sail, then you will have desert made especially for you.

IMG_1990.thumb.jpeg.f1c1580fce93ca0479b0cf0b80b5a467.jpeg

IMG_1233.thumb.jpeg.b711f5ab6fb83af02a8228faeed7da61.jpeg

• Like 3

On the Equinox in June with our severely lactose intolerant granddaughter, the Luminae chef made a couple of coconut creme deserts just for her for the whole cruise. The chef even sent a couple to our cabin for her to enjoy in the daytime.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

You need to fill in the Special Needs  form before you sail, then you will have desert made especially for you.

IMG_1990.thumb.jpeg.f1c1580fce93ca0479b0cf0b80b5a467.jpeg

IMG_1233.thumb.jpeg.b711f5ab6fb83af02a8228faeed7da61.jpeg

Are these dairy free? They look wonderful! I’ve filled out a dairy free form for our upcoming cruise. 

1 hour ago, 3boyz2keep said:

Are these dairy free? They look wonderful! I’ve filled out a dairy free form for our upcoming cruise. 

I am Dairy Intolerant and they are given to me. I never order from the menu.

Edited by upwarduk