Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah Couple Months ago we had 6 Seas Days straight Sea Days causing multiple missed ports on Cruise due to rough water, left us with only 4 stops on a 16nite Cruise

I think that I would have needed a lot of alcohol to get through that.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah Couple Months ago we had 6 Seas Days straight Sea Days causing multiple missed ports on Cruise due to rough water, left us with only 4 stops on a 16nite Cruise

Was that the Panama Canal Cruise? That itinerary was messed with from the start, suppose to have an overnight in Cabo, did you at least get to spend one day there or was that one of the ports skipped because I know they tender there?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Was that the Panama Canal Cruise? That itinerary was messed with from the start, suppose to have an overnight in Cabo, did you at least get to spend one day there or was that one of the ports skipped because I know they tender there?

Yup, Panama Canal! Doing same Radiance PC Cruise next Oct 2024, hoping for better. Though Oct 2022 PC on Serenade only 3 tenders got ashore in Cabo before was halted for the day and this was a Sunny but windy day

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We were on that one and if we’d known what was ahead would have said that too.  But honestly it still went by quickly and we really relaxed.  Got up without an alarm.  Slow to get moving then walked the deck, coffee, a lecture, a bite for lunch, read a book or a movie in the cinema, dinner, shows and out late, slept well, repeat.  We had so many sea days that we enjoyed our cabin a bit more than usual but never bored.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Star Princess: 14 night TA, 6 consecutive sea days, missed 1st port, 3 more seas days. 

Azamara Journey: 10 night TA, no ports (as scheduled). 

Quantum: 8 night TA, no ports (as scheduled), but we did have a med evac in The Azores. 

Anthem: 8 night TA, no ports (as scheduled).

Oasis: 14 night TA, 9 consecutive seas days (as scheduled).

Many other TAs with 5, 6, or more consecutive seas days.

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He did a great job!   I love the reindeer.     I wish I was as creative and crafty as some people.   

Yeah, he has an artist talent and especially loves to create.  Can fix just about anything as well...me?  I have no talent at all, but can whip up some yummies in the kitchen.  Sigh...I actually miss cooking.  😮 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is that family onboard for the entire WC?   I hope their behavior improves.

Not sure, but I believe a lot of families from Miami are doing the first quarter, coming back home from LA.  Last night large family pushed their way into the elevator, all trying to carry multiple plates of food, and one toddler a large smoothie or something.  Yeah, he dropped it...splash.  Became a lake in the small elevator.  What a mess...then of course they all dashed away quick at the next stop.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

LOL...was a pretty common on our Wonder TA last year.  😄   Though much more to keep us occupied on the bigger ship.  Have to get a bit more creative on this little lady.  😉 

Woke up to bright sunshine, but seas still rocking and rolling.  Just nice to see blue sky again!  🤗

Currently just off shore of the mouth of the Amazon...drats...can't see the Monkeys and Parrots from here.  

Show last night was good, electric guitar player...one man band (Vegas style) Mario D'Andrea.  He was born in Italy, but raised in Australia since he was six.  Though quite obvious the Italian in him lives on strong. 😉 

He was really good, playing a variety of music and impressions with dabs of comedy.  Got the audience going for sure!  No pictures again (house lights down) so did not want to disturb neighbors with phone light.  

Tonight, a tribute to the Beetles band.  Should be interesting as well.  🙂 

Off to breakfast.  Will be taking a tour of unique things we love about the Radiance ladies today.  

• Like 8

Ok..sea day...again...time to take a walking tour of Serenade of things that are ....,IMHO,  favorite and unique to the Radiance class ladies.  

First stop, and those of you that fondly remember the old "Sea View Cafe" will recognize this, but years ago was transformed into (IMHO) and odd spot for Izumi.  We are doing another sushi class here on the 3rd, of which we have done quite a few on various ships, but hope it is better than the lame one we had on Harmony a few years ago.  😮 

20231224_071200.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6

Continuing our tour, and our favorite early happy hour spot:   The (used to be) revolving bar in the VCL.   Did work on Jewel the last time we were on board that ship, but does not work here (of which there seems to be more than one thing that does not work on Serenade 😞 ).  

20231224_070524.jpg

20231224_070452.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Continuing our tour, and our favorite early happy hour spot:   The (used to be) revolving bar in the VCL.   Did work on Jewel the last time we were on board that ship, but does not work here (of which there seems to be more than one thing that does not work on Serenade 😞 ).  

20231224_070524.jpg

20231224_070452.jpg

Was working on Jewel in Nov 2022,  but not this past Oct/Nov.  I never asked about it so I don't know if it was a decision or it's broken.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

And here we are down on deck six.  I get a kick out of the interesting seating area around Vintages bar.  Reminds of Alice in Wonderland for some reason.  

20231224_070226.jpg

Thank you for doing this, please know it's very much appreciated. Have a Merry Christmas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And also on deck six...the dedicated Cinema.  (Wish more ships had this).  Has not really been that busy, but so far this last week has been showing old Xmas movies that we have seen many times before and have elected not to participate.  Hopefully something a bit fresher next week.  

20231224_065158.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, island lady said:

Aww...thanks.  😊  Gave me something to do on a sea day.....more fun that getting my laundry done.  😄 

Absolutely! I love seeing the artwork throughout the ship, I take the stairs on different ships to try and catch most of it. Can't wait to see photos from Antartica, I'm sure they will be beautiful, but not sure I'd want to do any cold weather cruising. 

9 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Absolutely! I love seeing the artwork throughout the ship, I take the stairs on different ships to try and catch most of it. Can't wait to see photos from Antartica, I'm sure they will be beautiful, but not sure I'd want to do any cold weather cruising. 

Indeed...we love taking the stairs...which takes me a bit longer since I also love to check out the art work along the way.  🙂  

Cold weather cruising is not new to us, as we have done Alaska many times (and have it booked again).  But I think the area of Antarctica will be much colder than the times we did Alaska.

We have dragged along a lot of cold weather clothing...so hopefully will keep us warm enough, and can always dash back into the ship for a hot soup 🍵, or better yet...a nice warming adult beverage.  😉  🍷

We have a tour booked to see the Penguins down there. 🐧

Edited by island lady
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ok..sea day...again...time to take a walking tour of Serenade of things that are ....,IMHO,  favorite and unique to the Radiance class ladies.  

First stop, and those of you that fondly remember the old "Sea View Cafe" will recognize this, but years ago was transformed into (IMHO) and odd spot for Izumi.  We are doing another sushi class here on the 3rd, of which we have done quite a few on various ships, but hope it is better than the lame one we had on Harmony a few years ago.  😮 

20231224_071200.jpg

I really liked the Seaview Cafe.

• Like 4