Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Next major latitude to cross is  The Tropic of Capricorn. Maybe cross that line at a more decent hour in the afternoon so the Captain can do something more special there then he did crossing the equator.

Missing the port stop the other day did make the equator crossing earlier than expected.   Maybe they did do something at pool deck or Centrum we haven't heard about yet.  

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Next major latitude to cross is  The Tropic of Capricorn. Maybe cross that line at a more decent hour in the afternoon so the Captain can do something more special there then he did crossing the equator.

They didn't do anything special when crossing the Tropic of Cancer.  Yes, I realize that many RCI ships cross the Tropic of Cancer and very few RCI ships cross the Tropic of Capricorn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately...now they are both broken...as is a bit too many things on this ship (that IMHO should have been sent to dry dock for a month of reno before they sent her out on this WC).   

A friend of mine sent me a video last week of the left pool table working nicely after he went to Guest Services and asked that they send a technician to operate it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Instead, they sailed us from Miami to LA and back so we could watch them try to cover up all the broken stuff with band aids and spit😥

Oh yeah...I think this has something to do with it.  😄  Though I really don't like calling her a pig...the Radiance ladies have always had a fond spot in my heart...but there is only so much you can do when she gets run down with lack of love and care.  😞 

image.png.44234d67510be08dd4abb92fc492c140.png

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Those on the world cruise will likely get a certificate [or something] with all of the world 'lines" they have crossed and the continents they have visited.  That would be worthy of framing.  That is a HUGE accomplishment.

See post #996.  I posted a picture of the certificate...though name not showing to protect the innocent.  😄 

Just now, island lady said:

See post #996.  I posted a picture of the certificate...though name not showing to protect the innocent.  😄 

Yes, I saw that.  However, I would not want a separate one for each place.  I would want it all on one.  😜 Just saying.

We have two certificates.  One for crossing the Atlantic and one for the Panama Canal.  But yours will be priceless. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 1:45 PM, island lady said:

Awww....thanks  ☺️...though I am no where near your caliber.  And thanks again for the help!  🥰

Thank you for letting me follow along.  A lowly emerald, but with a few planned in the future to put us at D status.  Your hair looks beautiful!  Have a cousin from US that went to med school in Grenada; said it was amazing.  On our list. Your pics are terrific.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh yeah...I think this has something to do with it.  😄  Though I really don't like calling her a pig...the Radiance ladies have always had a fond spot in my heart...but there is only so much you can do when she gets run down with lack of love and care.  😞 

image.png.44234d67510be08dd4abb92fc492c140.png

They probably figure the ship will be trashed after 274 days of DBP and drink vouchers.  😲

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are going to need a really big roll!!  😄 

No freebies after the first time. I'll have to charge them. They do gold by the inch, I'll do duct tape by the inch. Guaranteed supplement to my retirement income. 😂

• Haha 2

OK...just walked down to deck six Safari club to check on the pool table situation.  The one on the right is still broken..as the sign states... and has been since we boarded.  The one on the left...has been in this "odd" position since yesterday.   I don't think I would want to try putting a set up on that surface.  😄 

20231225_130247.jpg

20231225_130255.jpg

• Haha 13

23 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

A friend of mine sent me a video last week of the left pool table working nicely after he went to Guest Services and asked that they send a technician to operate it.

Ummm...not too nicely last couple of days.  😉 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...just walked down to deck six Safari club to check on the pool table situation.  The one on the right is still broken..as the sign states... and has been since we boarded.  The one on the left...has been in this "odd" position since yesterday.   I don't think I would want to try putting a set up on that surface.  😄 

20231225_130247.jpg

20231225_130255.jpg

geez ! I'm thinking once you guys cruise around Cape Horn the second table will look level. between the waves and the wind in that area.😲

Edited by Jimbo

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

No freebies after the first time. I'll have to charge them. They do gold by the inch, I'll do duct tape by the inch. Guaranteed supplement to my retirement income. 😂

Didn't I see you on the road construction team out there?  😄 😄 

DIY Rustic X Coffee Table.jpg

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Love it. So much for my bloody mary and my keyboard. 🤣😂

Sorry my friend...couldn't resist.  🤭

And I still can't get that picture out of my mind of your luggage on it's fateful trip to EX a couple of years ago.  😁

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

20231225_130255.jpg

After a few drinks at Schooners and the Zanzibar that table will be perfect for playing a couple games of 8 ball. 🍻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

After a few drinks at Schooners and the Zanzibar that table will be perfect for playing a couple games of 8 ball. 🍻

😄   Ummm eight ball, corner pocket...or...ooops... flying across the hallway.  "Fore"!!!!   

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sorry my friend...couldn't resist.  🤭

And I still can't get that picture out of my mind of your luggage on it's fateful trip to EX a couple of years ago.  😁

I know what you mean. I'll bet the JetBlue claims rep couldn't either when I submitted pictures for prof of destroyed luggage claim. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anytime I get to here the horn blow is good with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, doghog said:

I would have let them use some of my duck tape. 😁

2 hours ago, island lady said:

20231225_130247.jpg

20231225_130255.jpg

No, no, no. Not duct tape…WD-40. Remember…if it’s supposed to move and it doesn’t, WD-40 is the answer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty wild seas right now isn't it? 12ft seas and 30 kt winds? They can't be pleasant? You are traveling pretty slow too making it even worse.

Actually I don’t find it that bad.  I’ve been in worse.  It is cold and windy, so the secret is stay inside 😹.

• Like 4