Live from Silhouette 4-14 December 2023 have questions? Just ask

cruisestitch

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from cruisestitch! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

cruisestitch was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

I am back on silhouette, which has been my favorite ship but the vote isn’t out yet for this cruise.  

I just found out that decoy, a wine which has been on the premium package, is now a two dollar up charge. They have re-price mini mini wines. I don’t know all the details, but that one was a shocker.

meantime, I am happy to answer any questions anyone night at

• Like 3

We board Silhouette on 1/2 /24, for the first time in almost 5 years so I will be following along and really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Congrats on the milestone cruise!

One question, it is being reported on another social media site that pop/soda is no longer included with the Classic drink package. Can you find out if this is true or a Celebrity misprint on the newly released included drinks?

Hi cruisestitch

I would like to hear more about your cruise such as what type cabin you were in, your opinion of the menu choices and quality of the food, a review of your excursions and anything else you might like to share.  I'm curious because we will be on Silhouette in February.  Thank you in advance!

I am working on getting the title of the thread corrected to the 2023 not 2024.

I am in an ocean view room.

I went to the dining room tonight, and it was the usual mess of a mess on night one. But I wanted the beets and the mushroom soup.

I will probably be having dinner in the ocean view from now on

44 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I will be following your journey, CS.  I know this is a significant one for you and I am wishing you much enjoyment mixed with a little bit of nostalgia.  

PS..I think you mean 2023?  😊

I am working on getting that corrected…need to get a mod’s attention

41 minutes ago, NemoCrownie said:

We board Silhouette on 1/2 /24, for the first time in almost 5 years so I will be following along and really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Congrats on the milestone cruise!

One question, it is being reported on another social media site that pop/soda is no longer included with the Classic drink package. Can you find out if this is true or a Celebrity misprint on the newly released included drinks?

Here is the new list.   I just got it from guest relations. I pointed out to them. That soda is no longer specifically listed in the classic alcohol  package. The person on the desk said oh, I can see how that would be confusing. He said that the classic alcohol package includes all the items in the non-alcohol package.   

NowI don’t think that’s right either. So I’m going to spend some time tomorrow tracking down the bar management.

watch for further updates

3AD57828-145D-4B60-B69A-9EC68133F4D7.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Here is the new list.   I just got it from guest relations. I pointed out to them. That soda is no longer specifically listed in the classic alcohol  package. The person on the desk said oh, I can see how that would be confusing. He said that the classic alcohol package includes all the items in the non-alcohol package.   

NowI don’t think that’s right either. So I’m going to spend some time tomorrow tracking down the bar management.

watch for further updates

3AD57828-145D-4B60-B69A-9EC68133F4D7.jpeg

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Prices changed at the beginning of this cruise!  It’s now $19…..$2 over the $17 package limit

I noticed that looking at the menus on the app tonight. Cherry Pie Pinot Noir is also $19 now. Used to be $15 like Decoy. It’s cheaper to buy a bottle of Decoy in the store than a glass on Celebrity 😩

• Like 1

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Live from Silhouette 4-14 December 2023 have questions? Just ask
4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am back on silhouette, which has been my favorite ship but the vote isn’t out yet for this cruise.  

I just found out that decoy, a wine which has been on the premium package, is now a two dollar up charge. They have re-price mini mini wines. I don’t know all the details, but that one was a shocker.

meantime, I am happy to answer any questions anyone night at

Sorry just a question about the wine-are you saying that with the premium beverage package you have to pay additional for decoy??

I am having a terrible time accessing Cruise Critic. I can get to all other websites, but Cruise Critic doesn’t load. I have to turn my phone off and then on again, maybe multiple times. Finally, it will load. I lounge department is stumped. I will try to post as often as possible, because this may be preventing me from doing so

We will be on Silhouette in early 2024. My father is obsessed with stir fry. If you are in the Oceanview Buffet any chance of finding out if the stir fry station still operates at lunch or dinner or both. This will be our first time on Celebrity and he absolutely loves the stir fry station that we had on Royal's Oasis class ships.He just loves having those hot and spicy dishes made up.

16 hours ago, Im A Happy Cruiser said:

Hi cruisestitch

I would like to hear more about your cruise such as what type cabin you were in, your opinion of the menu choices and quality of the food, a review of your excursions and anything else you might like to share.  I'm curious because we will be on Silhouette in February.  Thank you in advance!

I won’t be on any excursions, sorry

Hope you have a nice holiday!
I was curious when you mentioned the cost of wines going up…my go to is the Villa Maria SB and looks like it’s now priced at $15! Although I love just about any NZ SB the Villa Maria is def not high end and that price is a bit ridiculous. Glad I upgraded my package during the sale. Thanks for posting and good luck with the wifi! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nashville15 said:

Curious to hear how the food is in the MDR? Supposedly food menus were to be enhanced post Thanksgiving. ENJOY!

I just got off a b2b on the sil on Monday.  Plenty of choices in mdr, looks like they reeverted back to what they had taken off the menus.  Food was very good to outstanding in mdr.  Tbh my least favorite meal was murano overall. Was good but not great like it has been in past. Thought mdr was just as good or better overall.  

• Like 1