Lunch on boarding day

nana51

12 minutes ago, nana51 said:

We are boarding Harmony Dec 24th at 1:00 pm. I was hoping the big rush at windjammer be over. Am I dreaming? We are a group of 12 (it’s why we are boarding so late) are there better options?

It will clear out when cabins are ready about 1:30.

• Like 6

Our experience is as Ashland said, wait til cabins are open.  It will clear out pretty well and you'll be able to get a seta easily.  We try to book a specialty on boarding day, but there isn't always one open.

• Like 1

Depending on when you have dinner scheduled I would opt for something other than the Windjammer if you have an early dinner time, if you have a later dinner schedule i hang around until the Windjammer gets less crowded after cabins open up.

2 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I’ve been the the windjammer so many times at different times and I guess I just never hit the big rush everyone always complains about.    🤷🤷🤷
just off the Wonder. Never had issues.  

I agree but we're usually there when it first opens as we board early with suites. We eat and then leave but to many people hang out there taking up table space until the cabins open up. This is the real problem regardless of how many times the announcement is made to finish and leave...many pay no attention to it !!!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nana51 said:

We are boarding Harmony Dec 24th at 1:00 pm. I was hoping the big rush at windjammer be over. Am I dreaming? We are a group of 12 (it’s why we are boarding so late) are there better options?

The Schooner Bar. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Although I agree a fine choice 

On some ships with certain crowds the schooner bar can be very busy 😉

No food allowed at the bar, but would be great if they did Tapas like vintages 

Nancy 

I hope the OP found a little more humor in my post than you did. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

I found it funny (tongue in cheek)

sorry forgot emojis 

🥲🤣😂🥲🤣😂

Nancy (my handle) schooner bar is my place of choice 😁😄😂🤣😄😁

Yeah, ya lost me after, "Although I agree a fine choice". Cheers. 🍻

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. We are driving down from Austin with 11 people so getting on the road early might be a tad hard. There are 8 children, all teens, so not babies. Hopefully by the time we check in, the rooms will be ready and it will be less crowded. I think we should pack snacks and just wait for dinner as we have early seating 

5 hours ago, nana51 said:

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. We are driving down from Austin with 11 people so getting on the road early might be a tad hard. There are 8 children, all teens, so not babies. Hopefully by the time we check in, the rooms will be ready and it will be less crowded. I think we should pack snacks and just wait for dinner as we have early seating 

you can always get pizza at Sorentos or little sandwiches at the Cafe promenade

14 hours ago, nana51 said:

Don't try looking for a table of 12. Be realistic that you may not be seated near each other. 

• The Solarium is the best secret for boarding day. Even though the pool area is adults only the buffet there is not and there is seating inside  I was on Symphony recently and it was a great spot to hang while the crowds descend on the Windjammer.  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NSPenny said:
  • The Solarium is the best secret for boarding day. Even though the pool area is adults only the buffet there is not and there is seating inside  I was on Symphony recently and it was a great spot to hang while the crowds descend on the Windjammer.  

1 hour ago, NSPenny said:

Good advice, i did the same on the Harmony after i got a couple of pizza slices at Sorrentos .

It was relatively empty too.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:18 AM, Ashland said:

but to many people hang out there taking up table space until the cabins open up. This is the real problem regardless of how many times the announcement is made to finish and leave...many pay no attention to it !!!!

Which is really really weird to me... Of all the places on the ship to "hang out" the Windjammer is about last spot I would choose.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Which is really really weird to me... Of all the places on the ship to "hang out" the Windjammer is about last spot I would choose.

And yet they certainly do and thus making it even harder to navigate to /from the tables due to all their carry on luggage blocking everything.

• Like 1

What speciality restaurants are open on Wonder for first day lunch? I am used to Chops ,Giovannis, and the boardwalk Mexican place on other ships, but only Mason shows on the Wonder right now. Mason looks great, but if it is the only one it will be busy.  I found El Loco is open. Not on dining purchase site so I missed it.

Edited by budmeister