Children in Radiance OTS Solarium Pool

SUESEABE

We will be cruising with our pre-teen granddaughter on Radiance this upcoming March. She actually prefers a quieter pool (I call her Granny because she acts like an old lady).  What is the minimum age for the Solarium? Are there ever any days/hours when they lift the restrictions?

What about age restrictions at the Park Cafe in the Solarium?

The age was just very recently changed to 18+. It had been 16+. It’s very rare for restrictions to ever be lifted. I know it happens, but I’ve personally never seen it happen. Kids get asked to leave rather quickly when they are there. This is NOT a kids area.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Off subject but Radiance related, I didn’t want to start a new posting. I just saw on the Radiance Compass that main dining set time and any time dining are on the same deck. Any how I have set dining for 5:15 and I was wondering what deck that would be. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Will that make crowded at the entrance to the dining room? Are there separate lines? Do you check in on the app?

A bit perhaps, for the impatient folks. No. No. When you first embark, go to the MDR to see where your table is (there's a Lucite block on the table with the number). At 5:15, go directly there.

Edited by Biker19

13 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We will be cruising with our pre-teen granddaughter on Radiance this upcoming March. She actually prefers a quieter pool (I call her Granny because she acts like an old lady).  What is the minimum age for the Solarium? Are there ever any days/hours when they lift the restrictions?

What about age restrictions at the Park Cafe in the Solarium?

My 16 was allowed in the solarium on Adventure last spring. Next week she won’t be allowed in on Explorer. She’s disappointed  but we get the reasons. There were several 16-17 y/o on Adventure last spring who were over the top obnoxious, loud & disruptive. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Will that make crowded at the entrance to the dining room? Are there separate lines? Do you check in on the app?

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

A bit perhaps, for the impatient folks. No. No. When you first embark, go to the MDR to see where your table is (there's a Lucite block on the table with the number). At 5:15, go directly there.

We were on Radiance in October, she's a sister ship.  Traditional dining was on deck 5.  My time was on deck 4.  They are flexible with this depending upon how many people are in each setting. 

4 hours ago, LeeW said:

Radiance in Alaska had kids time 5-6 in Solarium.  I think a couple of times when it was really cold outside they also had a morning time, but it wasn't every day.

Yes...this is something that will usually be in the daily Cruise Compass.

• Thanks 1