Getting Diamond Status

tvo7

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t know about you folks, but I enjoy cruising. Being diamond gets you a better price if you book a balcony cabin or higher.  You get free drinks per day.  Before that not.  

So, if the person climbing the tree, enjoys climbing, why criticize or try to convince them the tree is dead?  

I have enough cruises on hold to get to about half way to Pin…. Will I get to Pin?  Probably not, because I love all travel and not just cruises, but I can’t say I am not envious of those who make it.  

CAN YOU?🤣

peace out

jc

Hahahaha. I havent had the nerve to count how close to pinnacle I was until today. 

I counted all the booked days all the way out, bella 3 and 3.5. And a TA and next leg for 23 days.  I need to book 14 more days to hit pinnacle. .. 2026 is too far away to even care but at least it's possible. I try and  ot think about it. It's too far from 175 pinnacle to 700. Imo. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:16 PM, tserface said:

I think they may have changed the name because of the goal to move the Pinnacle members out of the suite spaces.  Not having it named for Diamonds is more inclusive.  Of course, who really knows what the future holds.  The Crown/DIamond Clubs are typically so crowded that we just use the 5 drinks anywhere anytime perk instead anyway.

They do alow access only to D+ and P on some sailings … would be weird not to allow D in D lounge. 

The 4 drinks was after covid I think so that's a relatively new perk.  Probably the best upgrade I've seen.

It took me 10+ years to get from nothing to Diamond.  I had only 2 cruises after hitting diamond before Covid hit.  Not counting the covid year, It only took me a year and a half to hit Diamond plus.  Why?  That sweet sweet double point promotion.  I did 2 short cruises alone, (a 3 and 4 night) that got me 28 points.  They also had no solo supplement because in 2021, they were doing everything to entice people back on board.  I had two long cruises (a 12 and 14 nighter) with the wife and accrued 52 points  That 80 put me right over to 176 last year.

I had a friend who went with me on the first 3 night in a separate room.  She did NOT get double points promo because it was her first Royal cruise ever and her first "real" cruise.  She did get the normal 2 per night for sailing solo in a double occupancy.  She got addicted and well, she hit Diamond in a year thanks to the double points that she got after the first cruise. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:11 AM, tvo7 said:

The reason I want to do 4 nights is because I own my own business and I do not feel comfortable staying away for so long at a time.

I will be working on the ship all days I am on there and have 22 points right now.  

I was looking at beat cost efficiency of getting to diamond.  Of course, once I reach diamond, I am going to dream of getting to pinnacle and have bragging rights on the cruise when they announce all the pinnacles on board. I think of it as a bucket list challenge.

The main benefit I like of diamond is getting inside the diamond lounge and feel.special in there.

So you gonna write the cruise off as a business expense?

Simple, divide price to each option by the number of points to get dollars per point.

Say Interior is $1000 ($500 per person).  4 nights, so $125 per point (2 per night x 4 nights = 8 points).

If JS is less than $1500, then the JS is cheaper per point.