Sunday December 17th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

That lamb dinner and white wine are my idea of a perfect meal. Now I just need someone to prepare it and bring it to me.

I don't remember what year I was in Ocho Rios but I must have taken the same tour that Roy took. Dunn's River Falls was great, the rest of Ocho Rios not so much.

@grapau27 Graham, you and Pauline are wonderful to your friends, and I wish there were more people like you. This world would be a better place.

Prayers for all of you who are in need and hurrah's for all of you that are not .

Jane

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Finally, all the things from the motorhome and house are sorted and either put away or boxed to take to Carol's Closet, which is part of the Food Bank.  It is a place for those who cannot afford clothes, toiletries, etc., to come and pick out clothes.  Other things will go to the thrift store, but probably not until after the holidays.  I've decided that while there are some things that we could sell, I don't want to mess with a garage sale in January, and we won't be here for the February neighborhood garage sale.  I guess since a lot of the things have been waiting for a garage sale for several years, they can wait until the first neighborhood garage sale next November.  We may keep the big ticket items until then, but the little things that won't bring in much can go to the thrift store.  It's unbelievable since most garage sale items are priced very low, how many just disappear.  One person cannot keep an eye on everything.

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks Chief and all others. Will prepare report of my adventures this week. Try not to bore y’all. 

RNB. you never bore us.  Looking forward to your report of your adventures.

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

That lamb dinner and white wine are my idea of a perfect meal. Now I just need someone to prepare it and bring it to me.

I don't remember what year I was in Ocho Rios but I must have taken the same tour that Roy took. Dunn's River Falls was great, the rest of Ocho Rios not so much.

@grapau27 Graham, you and Pauline are wonderful to your friends, and I wish there were more people like you. This world would be a better place.

Prayers for all of you who are in need and hurrah's for all of you that are not .

Jane

Jane, I couldn't agree with you more about Graham @grapau27  and Pauline.  The world would be a much better place with more people like them.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

@dfish at home I'm not a lamb fan.  On a dam ship  different story.  Tamarind does a wonderful job and this afternoon for lunch i had lamb curry and it was excellent. 

I have made it at home before.  I did a leg of lamb for a St. Patrick's Day party one year and I used a leg of lamb to make spiedies for my mom and dad.  The spiedies I like, but they are marinated for several days and then grilled.  The leg of lamb that I made was good according to those who ate it. I didn't.  Maybe I'll be brave and try some lamb curry when I am on the Koningsdam in February.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Thank you so much for your lovely words Jane.

Graham.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Finally, all the things from the motorhome and house are sorted and either put away or boxed to take to Carol's Closet, which is part of the Food Bank.  It is a place for those who cannot afford clothes, toiletries, etc., to come and pick out clothes.  Other things will go to the thrift store, but probably not until after the holidays.  I've decided that while there are some things that we could sell, I don't want to mess with a garage sale in January, and we won't be here for the February neighborhood garage sale.  I guess since a lot of the things have been waiting for a garage sale for several years, they can wait until the first neighborhood garage sale next November.  We may keep the big ticket items until then, but the little things that won't bring in much can go to the thrift store.  It's unbelievable since most garage sale items are priced very low, how many just disappear.  One person cannot keep an eye on everything.

RNB. you never bore us.  Looking forward to your report of your adventures.

Jane, I couldn't agree with you more about Graham @grapau27  and Pauline.  The world would be a much better place with more people like them.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda for your kind sentiments.

Graham.

• Like 6