Semi-live... maybe fully live from Harmony... A tale of two cruises.

Tree_skier

Question for you recent Harmony cruisers ... is the Solarium Bistro open for lunch on embarkation day? This is our first time on a ship in the HUGE class 😄 (previously, we've just been on Radiance and Freedom class ships) so we're thinking we'll let our thousands of other friends hit the Windjammer that first day and we'll try the less well known, quieter spot. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Question for you recent Harmony cruisers ... is the Solarium Bistro open for lunch on embarkation day? This is our first time on a ship in the HUGE class 😄 (previously, we've just been on Radiance and Freedom class ships) so we're thinking we'll let our thousands of other friends hit the Windjammer that first day and we'll try the less well known, quieter spot. 

I can't answer your question about the Solarium Bistro but another place that's not as crazy as the WJ is Park Cafe.  That's our standard first day lunch location on any Oasis class ship.

• Like 5

On 12/20/2023 at 10:10 AM, Tree_skier said:

IMG_1516.thumb.jpeg.549441b78b04154fa114b14a6d9d8b8e.jpeg

Every time we go there the waves are breaking over the snorkeling pier end.  Ride from the other port where Carnival docks can be really rough.  The spot you picked can be really quiet and peaceful.

1 hour ago, Kellie in Texas said:

Yes it’s open on embarkation day. We went there on day one on the first week. 

• Like 1

The afternoon got better still. 

after leaving the beach club we stopped, just for @Ocean Boy, at a really cool lighthouse. 

IMG_1607.thumb.jpeg.89cc634b1305e0a408cf692538d73fee.jpeg

IMG_1614.thumb.jpeg.5f06d20aadb1eeb824d0112e22242809.jpeg

IMG_1615.thumb.jpeg.f535be36ac3fc1b703580333efb037b9.jpeg

video coming of me hiking the 133 steps to the top. 

there was a great museum there as well. It was all free too. 

there were beach chairs and some shelter if you wanted to dock up there for a while. 

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.503ee772427af3039df3b8b34287ab07.jpeg

IMG_1625.thumb.jpeg.5b0510c6289d6eecb7f07ab3fc4ec625.jpeg

After getting this cool pic of the waves crashing and this cool lizard just hanging out. We left and we stopped at a crocodile refuge. It was a very interesting experience . 

IMG_1630.thumb.jpeg.69e639d8568f7b253fdf07b03b7ffd66.jpeg

IMG_1632.thumb.jpeg.de5ea32cb36c0023a979e0e4f072f606.jpeg

IMG_1628.thumb.jpeg.d4effb7800df67eb521475ee80da83d1.jpeg

I’m back in the solarium kicking back and relaxing before changing for dinner. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I went to the theater and saw that guy from the Letterman's. I liked his singing but thought a 7:30 time slot in the theater wasnt the right time for sexual jokes. I was talking to a young teen who said he made her squirm. He wouldnt stop with the put your arm around the person next to you. She was with her grandma. 

Find some clean jokes or perform later. He played some tapes too of singing long ago rather than actual singing. He did still have a good voice. At the end he adjourned to the store selling booze to sell his album in what he said said was a more appropriate venue. 

He must have got the message. No sexual jokes at all. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The afternoon got better still. 

after leaving the beach club we stopped, just for @Ocean Boy, at a really cool lighthouse. 

IMG_1607.thumb.jpeg.89cc634b1305e0a408cf692538d73fee.jpeg

IMG_1614.thumb.jpeg.5f06d20aadb1eeb824d0112e22242809.jpeg

IMG_1615.thumb.jpeg.f535be36ac3fc1b703580333efb037b9.jpeg

video coming of me hiking the 133 steps to the top. 

there was a great museum there as well. It was all free too. 

there were beach chairs and some shelter if you wanted to dock up there for a while. 

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.503ee772427af3039df3b8b34287ab07.jpeg

IMG_1625.thumb.jpeg.5b0510c6289d6eecb7f07ab3fc4ec625.jpeg

After getting this cool pic of the waves crashing and this cool lizard just hanging out. We left and we stopped at a crocodile refuge. It was a very interesting experience . 

IMG_1630.thumb.jpeg.69e639d8568f7b253fdf07b03b7ffd66.jpeg

IMG_1632.thumb.jpeg.de5ea32cb36c0023a979e0e4f072f606.jpeg

IMG_1628.thumb.jpeg.d4effb7800df67eb521475ee80da83d1.jpeg

I’m back in the solarium kicking back and relaxing before changing for dinner. 

Was this at Punta Sur? I've been there!

3 hours ago, Kellie in Texas said:

so we're thinking we'll let our thousands of other friends hit the Windjammer that first day and we'll try the less well known, quieter spot. 

The dining venues and their operating hours should be listed in the app - look at the current sailing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was this at Punta Sur? I've been there!

Yes it was. 

it was a great find. DW loves seeing animals. The lighthouse was an added bonus. 

Climbing the steps of the lighthouse at Punta Sur.

My legs hurt today. 😫

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't answer your question about the Solarium Bistro but another place that's not as crazy as the WJ is Park Cafe.  That's our standard first day lunch location on any Oasis class ship.

Is there a charge for the Park Cafe?  TY.

14 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Park cafe is free for most everything. Idk if they have specialty coffee in there like allure, it's not free. Everything else was free. The small election  of desserts on harmony was way around the corner. 2 soups of the day there now plus the beef sandwiches free and the make your own salad. Salad choices came in from 2 sides to meet in the middle. I thought to cover up fewer choices. It was the only place I found honey mustard dressing. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Dont forget mini bits, aft deck 15 is also free. Just past the free soft serve cones is mini bites. Its sorta mexican. Chips and lots of dips, some pulled pork and beef etc. Black beans. I made nachos a few times. Gotta time this well. It was popular. 

There is a free hot dog place deck 6 out on boardwalk. I dont eat hot dogs. So I never tried it. Also sausage dogs. 

• Like 1