Bringing Water Oboard

artvlay

14 minutes ago, artvlay said:

Going on Venezia next month out of NYC.

What is the current policy for bringing water or Snapple onboard?

Here ya go:

Carnival’s  Liquor and Beverage Policy states that guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on board their own supply of bottled water, so for your convenience, bottled water can be pre-purchased prior to your cruise by visiting www.carnival.com/funshops.  Water will be delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day. Bottled water may also be purchased on board by contacting Room Service. Once on board, your purchase is non-refundable; you may take home any unopened bottles.

$9.95 USD (plus an 18% delivery fee) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9-ounce bottle/500-ml bottle)

$3.95 USD (plus an 18% delivery fee) for 1 large bottled water (50.72-ounce bottle/1.5-liter bottle)

$20.00 USD (plus an 18% delivery fee) for 8-pack of bottled water (50.72-ounce bottle/1.5-liter bottle) 

Carnival carries distilled water which can be purchased either pre-cruise or once on board. For pre-purchase, please contact our Fun Shops department at 800-522-7648, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET. For purchase on board, please contact Room Service. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine.

You can also bring in 12 cans of soda per person and adults can carry in a 750 ml bottle of wine. Sodas and wine must be carried in carry ons and not checked baggage.

Forgive me if my post sounds snarky, I certainly don't intend it as such...... 

I used to pre-purchase bottled water from Carnival before each cruise but have since decided to bring an insulated water bottle.  I keep it filled with water and ice from the buffet and honestly can't tell the difference between that and bottled water, plus there's less plastic waste to be recycled.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I used to pre-purchase bottled water from Carnival before each cruise but have since decided to bring an insulated water bottle.  I keep it filled with water and ice from the buffet and honestly can't tell the difference between that and bottled water, plus there's less plastic waste to be recycled.  

I do the same - sometimes I'll squirt a little lemonade in it if I'm feeling wild - frankly the water on Lido tastes better than the spring water that Carnival has in my opinion. It tastes like pool water to me.

Edited by mz-s

3 hours ago, groundloop said:

I was told the drinking water on board is filtered sea water. Not sure if that's true or not, but have heard this from several crew members.

11 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I was told the drinking water on board is filtered sea water. Not sure if that's true or not, but have heard this from several crew members.

They can desalinate and treat sea water, but often they take water onboard when in port. Either way the water is perfectly safe to drink and in my opinion tastes better than the bottled stuff they sell onboard. There was only once I got nasty green water out of the tap - that was years ago on the Ecstasy.

Edited by mz-s
  • Haha 1

I hope people that refill containers at Lido with water, lemonade, ice tea, etc. use one of the plastic cups that Carnival provides instead of refilling directly into their personal container.  I've seen this happen on every cruise and there is a sign posted to use a cup.🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Carnival raised the price on their bottled water recently, but it's still very reasonable - I just purchased a pack of water for our upcoming cruise, current price is $11.75 total (with tax) for a 12 pack (16.9 oz bottles) and it's always waiting in our room when we arrive.

4 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

I think Carnival raised the price on their bottled water recently, but it's still very reasonable - I just purchased a pack of water for our upcoming cruise, current price is $11.75 total (with tax) for a 12 pack (16.9 oz bottles) and it's always waiting in our room when we arrive.

Yes, it's more than doubled since they first banned bringing on bottled drinks.

17 hours ago, john91498 said:

I heard one of the ship's engineers talking about this..... he said they use both evaporators (distillation) and reverse osmosis to desalinate sea water.  In either case the end product is very very clean water.

• Like 3

I work at Pier 91 in Seattle (Alaska cruises), and all plastic bottled water (or soda/juice) is confiscated at the security check.  Also, as an FYI, no fresh flowers are allowed to be brought on to Carnival ships.  So sadly all those flower bouquets from Pike Place Market have to be left behind at the security check. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1