New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, 2MellowCruisers said:

Just FYI- Just got a call from our CVP asking if we had any questions about our upcoming cruise.  Just mentioned that the new app requires the shoreside transaction credit card.  I just let her know we have our medallions and have no interest in the shoreside part.  She said we will be fine and they have been getting questions regarding the requirement and have submitted requests to have this fixed.  No real details from her and I didn't press, but at least I know from the call that they are also submitting requests to have it taken care of.  Hopefully Princess will update the app to either require or decline this part.

Superb information for us, the weary app slaves.😅

• Like 1

Alright, downloaded the New App.  Once again, it does not recognize the log in credentials that works on the website!  It is the same issue as the Medallion App in Nov 2022.  Never got fixed.  😕

Try the Chat feature on website - there are 76 persons ahead of me!!! 

Hell with the App.  I dont believe we cannot sail without the App!

Edited by nho9504
Add Info

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Alright, downloaded the New App.  Once again, it does not recognize the log in credentials that works on the website!  It is the same issue as the Medallion App in Nov 2022.  Never got fixed.  😕

Try the Chat feature on website - there are 76 persons ahead of me!!! 

Hell with the App.  I don't believe we cannot sail without the App!

Yes, you can sail without the App, but I would just go with the new App and login using Name, BD, Booking Number.

Have you tried going into Profile in the App and doing a password change?   Then see if you can login that way.  As long as you get to your voyage, you are fine.

PCL Is using new satellite service now and all reports indicate much improved internet service.  Yes, buy it on board for same price and it will be discounted.  The best/easiest way is to enroll via the device you intend to access the internet with.  Your daily cost for full voyage is $7.50/day for single device plan.  If you purchase individual random days, your cost is $10/day for single device (that one did not increase last time for whatever reason).  Your cost is 50% of list.  So you can do the math of full voyage day count times $7.50 versus however many individual days you might want times $10.

You can use the web version of the App to setup your pre-cruise information so you are ready to board in either Green Lane or Blue Lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, you can sail without the App, but I would just go with the new App and login using Name, BD, Booking Number.

Have you tried going into Profile in the App and doing a password change?   Then see if you can login that way. 

I've been trying to change my password on the App (both old and new) for 4 days without any luck.

You are far more expert on this subject than me, but when people state they can't sign to the App using their website credentials...don't they have to start from scratch with the App. For example start at Sign Up and create a password? That's of course if they don't use the booking number each time. I started with the old App a few years back now and can't recall what I did to get started but know I had a different password to my Princess account log in.

14 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I've been trying to change my password on the App (both old and new) for 4 days without any luck.

You are far more expert on this subject than me, but when people state they can't sign to the App using their website credentials...don't they have to start from scratch with the App. For example start at Sign Up and create a password? That's of course if they don't use the booking number each time. I started with the old App a few years back now and can't recall what I did to get started but know I had a different password to my Princess account log in.

Both my DW and I could never log into either the old or new app with our website credentials. We have always had to log in to either app with a booking number, name, and birthday combination and that has worked for both of us flawlessly. To be honest we have never tried changing the password via the app and have no desire to do so.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Have you tried going into Profile in the App and doing a password change?   Then see if you can login that way.  As long as you get to your voyage, you are fine.

PCL Is using new satellite service now and all reports indicate much improved internet service.  Yes, buy it on board for same price and it will be discounted.  The best/easiest way is to enroll via the device you intend to access the internet with.  Your daily cost for full voyage is $7.50/day for single device plan.  If you purchase individual random days, your cost is $10/day for single device (that one did not increase last time for whatever reason).  Your cost is 50% of list.  So you can do the math of full voyage day count times $7.50 versus however many individual days you might want times $10.

You can use the web version of the App to setup your pre-cruise information so you are ready to board in either Green Lane or Blue Lane.

Like last time, I could only log in with the booking number.  Changing log in credentials on the App does not seem to resolve anything.  But going thru Booking Number works well.  The previous photo also transferred to the current App profile.  I dont know where to check the CC info but I suspect we would use a different CC this time. 

BTW, is the Slot Machine method still working?

Where can I find the website link of the App, so I can enter the travel paper / CC etc those kind of things using the website versus going thru the tiny keyboard of the phone? 

Or we can just use the regular website for the above function? 

I did not find the internet package to purchase but that no longer matters.  Mostly I would use iPad for net access, so that would be the device.  I imagine the mechanism of to log off one device and let a different device to log in, still works on Princess cruises.  I read about MSC system does not allow such. 

Can't remember which lines, but there are several lines using Musk's Starlinks now and are reportedly lightning fast.  RCL has always been very fast long before Starlinks become exist. 

The previous 2 TATL cruises internet were extremely slow, and completely failed for the last 4 days as we sailed back to Everglades.  Princess gave everyone 4 days refund on that.  Going over to Europe we also lost several days of access.  Can't remember we got a refund that time.  As we all can imagine, when you expect to have access yet it would not happen, is a very frustrating experience.  On one such cruises I did not head out at Livorno (been at this port many times) just stayed at the terminal building to use the port wifi.  However in the Nov 2022 return Regal docked at a totally different area, the terminal looked completely different from previous crossing.  No wi fi either.  My suspicion was, Regal was the only ship that passed the port due to Regal returned trip was almost mid November - ports she visited were largely semi-shut down for passenger ship traffic.  It was in the period that seemed only MSC was still sailing the Med water.

One positive to report -

For all the difficulties people reported on booking dining reservation, I was shocked that the App allows me to book a 7:40pm private table for the whole duration of the cruise, at the Estrella dining room.  Cant remember exactly how the option showed up but after I chose the time and the dining room, the App prompted me whether I would like to book the same thing thru the whole cruise.  Whether the reservations would stick of course is a different story.

Edited by nho9504
  • Thanks 1

New App: Journey and Dining Reservations

Just fumbled onto this.  Choosing Journey takes you to two tabs, My Journey and Ship Schedule.  My Journey presents a brief synopsis of the ship schedule for the day, and if you scroll down to the bottom of that page and click on Show Entire Ship Schedule that does bring up the whole day’s activities, as expected.  However, if you then go back to My Journey, voila, there are the dining reservations!  No shore excursions and no specialty wine tasting we booked yesterday, but hopefully including those activities will be coming in a future update.

Using sapphire.princess.com is no longer available as a back-door method to get to ship activities.

Edited by kamelia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, kamelia said:

New App: Journey and Dining Reservations

Just fumbled onto this.  Choosing Journey takes you to two tabs, My Journey and Ship Schedule.  My Journey presents a brief synopsis of the ship schedule for the day, and if you scroll down to the bottom of that page and click on Show Entire Ship Schedule that does bring up the whole day’s activities, as expected.  However, if you then go back to My Journey, voila, there are the dining reservations!  No shore excursions and no specialty wine tasting we booked yesterday, but hopefully including those activities will be coming in a future update.

Using sapphire.princess.com is no longer available as a back-door method to get to ship activities.

What ship and sailing? I tried it, and it did not work for the Sun Princess. 

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Both my DW and I could never log into either the old or new app with our website credentials. We have always had to log in to either app with a booking number, name, and birthday combination and that has worked for both of us flawlessly. To be honest we have never tried changing the password via the app and have no desire to do so.

Understood. I just prefer to log in with a password as it opens all of my booked cruises, not just the one that opens using the mishmash of letters and numbers of a booking number. My initial response may explain why you couldn't log in with your website credentials in that I thought you had to sign up in the App first. I could be wrong though as it was a few years ago and the drink package refreshments may have killed off a few brain cells.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Understood. I just prefer to log in with a password as it opens all of my booked cruises, not just the one that opens using the mishmash of letters and numbers of a booking number. My initial response may explain why you couldn't log in with your website credentials in that I thought you had to sign up in the App first. I could be wrong though as it was a few years ago and the drink package refreshments may have killed off a few brain cells.

With the old app when we would log on with a booking number, we could also see all of our other bookings. I could be wrong, but I believe those who can log onto the new app with the web credentials can only see their next booking as well. I'm hoping it's just another "new app bug" that will be corrected later on as the new app continues to be tweaked. 

As far as signing up in the new app first, I looked at that registration option the other day and I didn't see anywhere to enter my existing PCL CC number, so I didn't proceed as I didn't want to accidently create a second PCL account triggering the creation of another PCL CC number. I'm probably over thinking it, but since logging in with a booking number works, I chose that path instead. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

What ship and sailing? I tried it, and it did not work for the Sun Princess. 

She is currently on the ship giving actual feedback on how things are working out. She boarded in Buenos Aires. I believe she is on the Sapphire 

• Thanks 2

nbsjcruiser

On 12/30/2023 at 9:21 AM,  Steelers36 said: 

Oh.. why they are a TRUSTED partner of PCL!  Why ever should we mere guests question such things?  What could possibly go wrong?  

From nbsjcruiser:- below comments

LOL. Just for kicks I did a little research on Radiqal LLC. They're a company supposedly from a town in PA however, when you dig deeper you discover they are from India. All their development is done out of India. No doubt, the company in PA is nothing more than a shell company for the real location, India, where s/w developers work for a fraction of what they'd get in the US. I work in the IT industry and have for over 25 years, my experience is that you get what you pay for when it comes to IT.

Edited by DHP1

21 hours ago, sparky321 said:

Just a thought for anyone that wants to leave a credit card for shore side purchases, you can buy a say $20 master card (gift card) and use that. they look and work just like a credit card and have all the required info like a security code and expiry date. This is what I did and it works for me and if it's a scam it only costs $20.

For software developers who develop applications...

There are semi-fake credit card numbers.

These have the correct check digits, etc. that an app usually verifies the card.

Has anyone tried one of these?

I am asking just for science, not suggesting that anyone do so.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

These have the correct check digits, etc. that an app usually verifies the card.

All that for green lane. Not worth it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

That's an interesting thing to wonder. Hadn't occurred to me. I used to use those things all the time for building and managing commerce systems. Still remember the one for Visa. 

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

I presume the steps you are doing are the following:

1. Login to App using Name, BD, Booking Number
  2. Tap on Profile icon at the bottom right.
  3. From Profile Menu, do you have "Change Password"?
  4. That screen then asks for old password and entry of a new password 2X.

Wondering what error you get.

The other option is from the App Splash Page (not logged in yet), have you tried "Forgot My Password"?

That takes you to a screen where you enter Name, BD, Email and presumably you get an email from Princess.  The next screen indicates you receive an email if the account exists.  I would venture that no email received means that what you think your email address is does not agree with what Princess has and therefore making a change this way is not going to work.

All this said, with others reporting similar challenge, it could be a bug.  We should all be able to have same ID/Pswd combination for website and App.  ID is normally one's email address.

PS - I did try the last process and as of posting this note, I have not received an email and there is nothing wrong with my info AFAIK since I can login to both Apps and the Website with no issue.

On the new app, just under days to go, there's a "Check-in" tab.  If I tap on it, it takes me to the dreaded Shoreside payment method.

However, if I don't tap on it but, instead, swipe left, other tabs appear.  One of those is "Boarding Pass."  It says "proceed to Green Lane."  If I tap on that tab, it gives me the check in QR code, and again reports "Green Lane" - as well as other check in information.

So, even in the app, if you don't want to provide a Shoreside payment method, you still get assigned to the Green Lane.

Anyone want to confirm this on their new app?

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

On the new app, just under days to go, there's a "Check-in" tab.  If I tap on it, it takes me to the dreaded Shoreside payment method.

However, if I don't tap on it but, instead, swipe left, other tabs appear.  One of those is "Boarding Pass."  It says "proceed to Green Lane."  If I tap on that tab, it gives me the check in QR code, and again reports "Green Lane" - as well as other check in information.

So, even in the app, if you don't want to provide a Shoreside payment method, you still get assigned to the Green Lane.

Guessing you must have to be within a certain number of days of your embarkation.  I'm 77 days away and just have the Dining, Packages, Excursions and Spa tabs.  Will keep checking though.  I'm 6/7 and DH is 7/7 for completion.

31 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

I tried but did not work on our cruise. The Sun Princess must not be ready to accept dining reservations etc. No problem.

regarding the shoreside issue.  I also was in the green lane one the old app but new one puts me at the dreaded 6/7 because of the shoreside CC info.  

I call and was told that they are working on updating the app and not to worry.  Medallion will still ship and still in the green lane,  However, she never asked for my cruise info soooo we will see.  I am not worried about it.  I don't care how I get on the ship as long as I get on it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Catherine Claus said:

7 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Guessing you must have to be within a certain number of days of your embarkation.  I'm 77 days away and just have the Dining, Packages, Excursions and Spa tabs.  Will keep checking though.  I'm 6/7 and DH is 7/7 for completion.

I'm sure its dynamic - we cruise on Sunday so we're about as close as you can get! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Catherine Claus said:

I tried but did not work on our cruise. The Sun Princess must not be ready to accept dining reservations etc. No problem.

regarding the shoreside issue.  I also was in the green lane one the old app but new one puts me at the dreaded 6/7 because of the shoreside CC info.  

I call and was told that they are working on updating the app and not to worry.  Medallion will still ship and still in the green lane,  However, she never asked for my cruise info soooo we will see.  I am not worried about it.  I don't care how I get on the ship as long as I get on it.  

Glad to know they are working on it.  I'm also 6/7 but if I scroll as described I'm also "Green" to go! 

Edited by nazpaz

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

We are 81 days out so I get what your are seeing. But I'll give what @nazpazis suggesting once I get closer to our sail date. 

34 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

Thanks. When is your sail date?