New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Logged on this morning to see how many days until our next cruise.  Had a message that app was going away mid January with a link to the new app. Once I got it loaded when it opens it immediately goes to ‘timed out’. Tried it both on my phone and husbands 😡.  Plus with the old app you just clicked on it but with this new one you have to log on. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks 

• Like 1

I downloaded the new app and it appears all of my information from the old app was transferred correctly. My dinner reservations held intact as well as all excursions. 

I do like how they did some of the features. I was never a fan of the journey view on the old app. It required you to swipe down and across too much and it was difficult to find information about events. I tended to use the Princess Platter instead to plan my daily events. The new journey view is now arranged much like the Princess Platter and you can click on an event for more information and it will also tell you how to get there!

So far, so good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

If one is sailing in just a few days and the old app is working, is there any reason to upset the apple cart at this point?

I cruise in 10 days.  I plan on testing the new app once onboard. 

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, mrstmaxx said:

Logged on this morning to see how many days until our next cruise.  Had a message that app was going away mid January with a link to the new app. Once I got it loaded when it opens it immediately goes to ‘timed out’. Tried it both on my phone and husbands 😡.  Plus with the old app you just clicked on it but with this new one you have to log on. Anyone else have this problem?  Thanks 

My app keeps timing out as well.  When I could get in it only showed 1 of my cruises

I downloaded the new app and it appears all of my information from the old app was transferred correctly. My dinner reservations held intact as well as all excursions. 

I do like how they did some of the features. I was never a fan of the journey view on the old app. It required you to swipe down and across too much and it was difficult to find information about events. I tended to use the Princess Platter instead to plan my daily events. The new journey view is now arranged much like the Princess Platter and you can click on an event for more information and it will also tell you how to get there!

So far, so good.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

If one is sailing in just a few days and the old app is working, is there any reason to upset the apple cart at this point?

My exact question.  We board on Jan 4 and I really don't want to tempt fate.  We're good to go on the old app.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

It seems if I don’t fill out the shoreside credit card information I can’t get a checkmark. My checklist says it’s incomplete if I don’t fill it out.

That's correct. No biggie. I didn't and I'm still in the green lane with my wife. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ghgeckos said:

I just downloaded the new app on one device to see if it easily works. Nope, none of my dining reservations transferred.  I will stick with the old app until after my solar Eclipse cruise.

check again. I didn't see my reservations right of way but you if you look in the upper right hand corner of the reserve dining page there is a small calendar with a heart in it if you have reservations. Click on that and hopefully your reservations will show up.

• Like 2

I just downloaded the new app on one device to see if it easily works. Nope, none of my dining reservations transferred.

4 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

check again. I didn't see my reservations right of way but you if you look in the upper right hand corner of the reserve dining page there is a small calendar with a heart in it if you have reservations. Click on that and hopefully your reservations will show up.

Minnesotasisu, Thank you for the help, the “heart” worked.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, doghog said:

Downloaded the new app this morning. Everything transferred over from the previous app for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise.  Shows 6 out of 7 line items completed. Requesting I authorize Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my Credit Card info for purchases made off the ship using my medallion. Not interested. We both are still green lane and our CC tier levels are correct. 

Not going to delete the previous app yet. 

No doubt PCL wants guests to enroll in this, but we should not be forced to.  

• Like 7