New Princess App available

iamaqt2

I just sent a message to AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com (the app support email address for the new Princess Cruise app).  I reported that on the new app Ocean Ready will not complete unless you enter the Shoreside payment method.  If others have this issue and report it they might be able to identify this as an issue that needs to be given priority status.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

I just sent a message to AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com (the app support email address for the new Princess Cruise app).  I reported that on the new app Ocean Ready will not complete unless you enter the Shoreside payment method.  If others have this issue and report it they might be able to identify this as an issue that needs to be given priority status.

Thanks for the Email address. I just sent my objections for this new requirement. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doghog said:

On the bottom of the app you'll see 5 different icons. Tap on the profile icon.  Tap on OceanReady Checklist. Scroll down to you see your name. Under your name you should see a green circled check mark and Ready to Sail in green.  I'm assuming that means you are in the green lane. Tap on your name and each line item will have a green circled check mark next to them. At least my wife shows that way. Mine has one line item not green. Mine says 6 out of 7 completed. I'm not giving permission for Shoreside payment method. New requirement. We both were green lane in the previous app. I'm still considering myself in the green lane. I may call Princess and challenge the Shoreside payment method request. 

Thanks. ipad showed that, phone took a bit of logging in a few times, now both green ready to sail. Now the hard part, waiting till February 18th ! 😎

• Like 2

I managed to get logged into both apps, however I am unable to complete the final step of check in which is "Payment Methods".   In the original app it says my credit card info is incorrect and in the new app it says something went wrong, try again later.   I was hoping the new app would have fixed this issue as I have confirmed many times my credit card info is indeed correct as entered.  Any body else have this issue?  Tips or solutions appreciated...

31 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m sorry if I offended anyone by posting her app about the new app as I didn’t know one had already been posted. 

Please except my apologies. 

Tom

Tom,

I can't think of anytime or anything you should apologize for. Thanks for everything. Really. 😀

• Like 3

I am using Android and when I sign in with UN and PW it crashes.   However when I use my booking number everything works fine.  With the former APP my loyalty level was always incorrect.   With the new app my loyalty level is displayed correctly.  Interesting note is that I have had multiple email discussions with support and they could never correct it.  This is over a period of more than a year!! 

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

As an aside, even with the old app and the Princess website, the username/e-mail aren't interchangeable.  If you signed up for Captain's Circle and created a username, you have to sign-in using that username.  You got errors if you used your e-mail.

Ok, but it was generally known that we were supposed to have the same ID/Pswd for both Princess.com and the App.  The two used the same login information.  I recall there were issues when App was first released where folks were setting up new ID in the App and did not match Princess.com.

• Like 1

JourneyView is now called Ship Schedule and is under the Journey tab.  The scroll in Ship Schedule is much faster and smoother (vertical only, no horizontal), like scrolling a webpage on a browser on a phone or tablet.  The port guides (as outdated as they are) are also under Ship Schedule on port days, but when tapped, an error message appears.  Ocean Compass (ship map), is now called Explore the Ship Map and is also under the Journey Tab. 

What I don't see is function to add companions not on your booking.  I assume the interface will change once on board the ship.  

I have to say the color scheme of the Princess Cruises App is much easier on the eyes than the various shades of blue used on the Medallion App.  

I wish there was a status bar/wheel that would tell you if the App is processing or crashed, when opened from scratch.  Now, its only a blue screen with a white Seawitch.  This would help those with slow Internet, so that they don't automatically assume the App has crashed if it's just slow to load.

IMG_4489.PNG

IMG_4490.PNG

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That's what I was wondering.  Of course, PCL could do better and actually include the currency code when not in USD.

ETA:  I just caught up on this page and I see that it was not an AUS voyage, so some other kind of error.

I also thought that, but checked prices for the beverage packages on that cruise..and it is correctly shown in USD $60 & $80.

I think a price increase is coming. JMO 

Keeps timing me out with my account details so trying I’m the booking reference. I’m no Steve Jobs but could everyone’s apps being constantly active on the ship (wether being used or not) be making speeds slower so Princess have decided to sign you out if you’re not using it? It might be a bit of a pain in the you-know-what having to log in but it may mean that your online experience might be slightly better.

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I also thought that, but checked prices for the beverage packages on that cruise..and it is correctly shown in USD $60 & $80.

I think a price increase is coming. JMO 

Update: It still shows increased prices on one of my cruises Dec 2024, but I just checked my other cruises 2024-2026 and all of those have the current prices, not increased prices.

Definitely, some type of loading error.  I’ve asked others on my roll call to check the prices, but they seem to be afraid to download. Wonder why? 🥴

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, clarky213 said:

Doesn't show my Dec 2024 cruise when I log in. If I try adding the cruise with the booking number, it says that cruise is already added.

You wouldn’t try to add it, you would try pulling it up using the booking number.  I assume that’s what you did?

If you recently canceled one cruise and booked a new cruise, it may not have moved over.

I would give it a couple of days, uninstall the new App and reinstall.

As long as you see your cruise on the website, cruise personalizer, you know you are good.